Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sully - Usually find anything from Eastwood solid rather than spectacular. This was no different. I enjoyed it. Well filmed well directed. Tom Hanks was restrained and effective. 7/10

Swiss Army Man - Not sure what I just watched tbh. Different and original to say the least. The first half I found a grind. But it got better and better. Paul Dano is one of the more watchable actors going around. Just great at playing oddball eccentric characters where you feel sympathy for him. 6/10

The Revenant -

Owned this on bluray for awhile now, finally had the time to sit down and watch.
Very glad i did, absolutely gorgeous film.
I loved the setting with it's snowy backdrops.
The action scenes were very well done.
Excellent performances, particularly by Leonardo.

4.5/5

I watched godzilla last nite.

I liked the story , but once the american military came into it, it lost the plot badly.

There is mythological stories of a lizard under the ground in Roxby downs where all the uranium is mined. Evidently if you wake him up, he'll destroy the world/ restore balance.

If the son had any loyalty to his dead dad and what his dad was put threw, he would of let/helped godzilla restore natural balance.

I watched godzilla last nite.

I liked the story , but once the american military came into it, it lost the plot badly.

There is mythological stories of a lizard under the ground in Roxby downs where all the uranium is mined. Evidently if you wake him up, he'll destroy the world/ restore balance.

If the son had any loyalty to his dead dad and what his dad was put threw, he would of let/helped godzilla restore natural balance.
The 1st QTR was good with Bryan Cranston, as soon as he left it went crap.

Anyone seen this? Totally been out of the movie game this year, but will be seeing this tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One More Time With Feeling.

The making of Nick Cave's new album in the aftermath of the tragic death of his son. I was pretty tired when I went to see it. The 3d glasses hurt my eyes and I fell asleep.
Gold.

If you haven't already taken up a career as a film critic, please do <3

Midnight Special

Nothing special about it in the slightest. Boring AF.

Swiss Army Man - Not sure what I just watched tbh. Different and original to say the least. The first half I found a grind. But it got better and better. Paul Dano is one of the more watchable actors going around. Just great at playing oddball eccentric characters where you feel sympathy for him. 6/10

I enjoyed it, but then I like weird movies. It's slow paced but the plot keeps progressing, and there are plenty of fun scenes.

Blair Witch.

Saw the poor reviews and didn't think it could possibly be as bad as people were saying... found that people had been generous.

What an incredible boring, annoying, total copy of the first movie that fails, on practically every level to be unique and provide any actual scares.

Also, * whoever designed Blair Witch! I'd been so excited to see her and what we get is something that looks like it's been stolen from The Descent or Grave Encounters. Blair Witch is described from a sighing in the first movie and we got this stupid look knock off? Infuriating piece of s**t

.5/5

Trivisa (2016) - Stylish crime thriller from Hong Kong. Set in Hong Kong,1997 it's about three notorious thieves from Hong Kong looking for a last big score before the Chinese handover. Each of the three thieves storylines is directed & written separately but the movie is edited so well that you'd never know.

It's a bit O.T.T. in places and the plot didn't go the way I excepted but it was certainly entertaining. Some brutally realistic violence, some genuinely funny scenes, it's also quite politically charged at times (fair to say this movie will never be shown in China). I really like Hong Kong movies and it's a shame what's happened to their film industry (to make any money generally their movies need to be released in China which means lots of censorship), thank god for Johnnie To. 7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back