Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

First off, I cried a lot. Had to get that out of the way. There were tears rolling and they had backup. I dunno what happened. It just came over me. I think that's the most a movie has moved me ever. Maybe it symbolised the death of the inner child in me, the one that still gets excited by Dinosaurs.

Moving on, mate these movies could be great, they really could, but what we get is another half baked soft reboot of The Lost World following on from the original being Jurassic Park, right down to Jeff Golblum in the Richard Attenbrough cameo. I was intrigued by the prospects of the plot that was shown in the trailers. The ethical questions, the rescuing, the adventure and interest of that alone would have been enough to sustain a movie IMO. Instead, that's just a set up for the real deal, the same deal that these movies too often fall in to. Humans vs humans, backstabbing, betrayal, profiteering, dodgey deals, self interest, double crossing, idiotic behaviour, children, tough guys and weasels getting what was coming to them. Why they have to be continually drawn back in this boring crap I'll never understand. Nothing has come close to matching the magic, innocence and purity of the first film, of this.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I honestly don't think it should be this hard.
  1. Humans limited but likeable
  2. Dinosaurs
  3. Simple plot
We don't need people with shady intentions and allegories about the military industrial complex, and adding layers of make believe upon layers of make believe to a point where suspension of disbelief is seriously challenged.

It's ok for what turns out. Chris Pratt is good again, there's some very good sequences and it challenges the morals of the mains albeit fleetingly, the score is a cracker that can stand aside the Williams ones. I just wanted to enjoy it so much more, but it stopped me because the Jurassic bit took a back seat to the World bit.

6.5/10

Last edited:

Just saw upgrade, made in Melbourne. Pretty good effort with a fair bit of quality action. 7/10

INVINCIBLES 2
Very good movie. Didn't get super-teary like most Pixar films but loved it all the same. Some genuine lols. Somewhat predictable plot (but then I've seen every cartoon movie in the known universe so whatever). My fave bit was elasta-woman's gigantic hips. 10/10.

THE CURED
Was enjoying it but the missus cracked the shits halfway through and it wasn't that good that I wanted to finish it by myself. 5/10

Last edited:
Game Night: 7/10. Pretty entertaining but as is typical of American comedies there were only a couple of moments that got a genuine laugh from me. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for an entertaining film to pass an hour and half.

What Happened to Monday: 7.5/10. I really enjoyed this but it was Noomi Rapace that made the film what it was. Playing 7 different characters is no easy feat but she done it in such a way that I genuinely forgot that all 7 characters were played by the 1 actor. If you are a Sci-Fi fan then you should give this a watch.

Acrimony. This movie annoyed me.

Yes he was a prick but she had chance after chance to kick him out yet we're meant to feel sympathetic towards her

Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom (2018)

This latest version of Jurassic Park has more dinosaurs, more screams, and more general chaos, but doesn’t make a single move to explore a fresh idea or add a new slant on a tired old formula.
The dino's stomp, ram, chomp and chew, devouring as many cast members they can, but in the end we’ve been there, done that in every other Jurassic Park film. Greedy capitalists trying to exploit nature and failing, yep, been there done that. New genetically improved dino's, yep, been there done that. Dino's set loose on human society, well maybe not on this scale, but several JP films featured T Rex's tearing up suburbia, so, yep, been there done that. A small girl (cloned this time) bonding with the male lead, s**t, been there done that too. This movie was dumb, the dialogue was stupid, and the ending was ridiculous.
4/10

Last edited:
Dunkirk

8.5/10

Does Christopher Nolan know how to make a bad movie?
Sensational movie that even know you know how the story roughly goes he still manages to suck you into a emotional ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pianist.

Can't believe I haven't seen this before.

Brilliant though hard to watch at times.

That scene where they are shooting the guys laying on the floor and the SS officer runs out of bullets before he shoots the last guy. They show a close up of the guy's face then the SS officer takes out another gun and shoots him. Brilliant if haunting moviemaking.

Everyone at my work keeps going on about Deadpool. I havent even seen the first one.

The fact they keep going on about it makes me not want to see it if that makes sense... theyre building it up too much.

One guy said the whole cinema was in tears it was that funny...

One day I'll watch them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Finally watched Deadpool coz a guy from work brought in the DVD (I didnt ask him too)

It was ok.

Im not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan so I think he puts me off a lot... seems like he's trying to talk like Ace Ventura all the time.

Finally watched Deadpool coz a guy from work brought in the DVD (I didnt ask him too)

It was ok.

Im not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan so I think he puts me off a lot... seems like he's trying to talk like Ace Ventura all the time.

Agree, it's like he thinks he's really funny and some people who put him movies do too for some reason, when he really isn't that funny, he tries i guess i dunno doesn't exactly have me laughing.

Ingrid Goes West

Ingrid (Aubrey Plaza) is a loner with stalkerish tendencies whose mum has died and uses Instagram way too ******* much. Having inherited $60,000, she moves to Los Angeles to try and become social media famous after internet celebrity Taylor Sloane (Elizabeth Olsen) replies to something she commented on. She goes out of her way to find her and the film builds from that.

This movie is really funny and affective. Outside the comedy it takes itself seriously which adds heft to the drama side of it. No lighting gags or jokes in the set design or people falling off buildings yet surviving or that kind of stuff. If you're between the ages of about 20 and 35 and not a bogan this movie will remind you of people you know. One character has a trendy and wonderfully dicky man bun and beard look. The main four or five characters feel like real people. I normally think Elizabeth Olsen is a hack but she's really well cast in this. GG.exe and Silent Alarm you'd probably like it.

Don't look at the trailers, they make it look like a stupid Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer movie (neither of them are in it). It's much better than that.

Ingrid Goes West

Ingrid (Aubrey Plaza) is a loner with stalkerish tendencies whose mum has died and uses Instagram way too ******* much. Having inherited $60,000, she moves to Los Angeles to try and become social media famous after internet celebrity Taylor Sloane (Elizabeth Olsen) replies to something she commented on. She goes out of her way to find her and the film builds from that.

This movie is really funny and affective. Outside the comedy it takes itself seriously which adds heft to the drama side of it. No lighting gags or jokes in the set design or people falling off buildings yet surviving or that kind of stuff. If you're between the ages of about 20 and 35 and not a bogan this movie will remind you of people you know. One character has a trendy and wonderfully dicky man bun and beard look. The main four or five characters feel like real people. I normally think Elizabeth Olsen is a hack but she's really well cast in this. GG.exe and Silent Alarm you'd probably like it.

Don't look at the trailers, they make it look like a stupid Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer movie (neither of them are in it). It's much better than that.
Will check it out :thumbsdown: I mean :thumbsu:

Incredibles 2
Not for little kids. Plenty of adult humour and worth the wait. 8/10

Solo (A Star Wars story)
Seen it twice now. Answers a few questions but still leaves you asking more questions. Good flow and direction and doesn't drag on and you can never have enough Chewbacca. 9/10.

Ingrid Goes West

I really enjoyed this one as well. It seemed very close to reality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back