Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always appreciate a good recommendation :heart:
Will check it out :thumbsu:
But if I don't like it, I'm tracking you down mister.

Please, and I've recommended this many times over.
If you haven't watched this documentary yet........just do it.
.....and if you ever feel like another challenge by way of a documentary, do give Earthlings a go, but beware of what you may be walking into.

Aladdin

I enjoyed it, much like the stage show which I thought was incredible. Will Smith had a hard act to follow but I thought put his own spin on the role well. It also has some of the best Disney songs of all time, Jasmine is a very underrated princess.

Aladdin

I enjoyed it, much like the stage show which I thought was incredible. Will Smith had a hard act to follow but I thought put his own spin on the role well. It also has some of the best Disney songs of all time, Jasmine is a very underrated princess.
Went to the stage show a month ago and really enjoyed it. One of the better ones.

Then I saw the movie was being released so thank you for the good recommendation

IT.

6/10

Was a good movie and the back half was a lot better than the first half but I expected it to be much better imo. Pennywise wasn't creepy at all with his stupid voice

Find the love for The Mist here slightly bewildering, to tell you the truth. Silly movie.

John Wick 3 - after the fascinating universe building of the second film, the third has the opportunity to explore this world that’s been established. The opening 20 minutes are gripping, as one action set piece morphs into an even greater one. Unfortunately the film doesn’t quite keep up that momentum, though does have inspired periods throughout. That said, it dragged a bit by the end for me, and could’ve done with being a half hour or so shorter. There’s still a lot of fun to be had with this series. ***1/2

Eighth Grade - just a wonderful film, that perfectly captures the awkwardness and insecurity of that age. One of the best “coming of age” films I’ve ever seen, this was mostly a delight, with a coupl of (necessary) hard to watch scenes throughout. A highly recommended film. ****1/2

The Meg was crap. But most creature features are crap these days, as they have been done to death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aladdin (2019)

Not only is this movie garbage but it's also unnecessary garbage. It should have never been made. The original still holds up perfectly well today.

The Good

+ The actress who plays Princess Jasmine has a fantastic voice and is gorgeous to boot
+ Surprisingly Will Smith is OK as Genie and is far from the weak link here

The Bad
- The actor for Jafar is a ******* awful choice. He's not tall, thin, sinuous, creepy or intimidating. He's some random millennial with a buzz cut and designer stubble.
- The acting in general is pretty shite. Naomi Scott is great. Smith gets a pass. The rest range from bad to downright terrible.
- The visual design is nice but the CGI is shite as hell. Those are the most obviously fake elephants I've seen put to film in a long time.
- Aside from Princess Jasmine absolutely nobody can sing to save themselves. So most of the songs are a dumpster fire.
- It's looooooong. Way too ******* looooooooong.
- Just everything else in general really.

2/10

Aladdin (2019)

Not only is this movie garbage but it's also unnecessary garbage. It should have never been made. The original still holds up perfectly well today.

The Good

+ The actress who plays Princess Jasmine has a fantastic voice and is gorgeous to boot
+ Surprisingly Will Smith is OK as Genie and is far from the weak link here

The Bad
- The actor for Jafar is a ******* awful choice. He's not tall, thin, sinuous, creepy or intimidating. He's some random millennial with a buzz cut and designer stubble.
- The acting in general is pretty shite. Naomi Scott is great. Smith gets a pass. The rest range from bad to downright terrible.
- The visual design is nice but the CGI is shite as hell. Those are the most obviously fake elephants I've seen put to film in a long time.
- Aside from Princess Jasmine absolutely nobody can sing to save themselves. So most of the songs are a dumpster fire.
- It's looooooong. Way too ******* looooooooong.
- Just everything else in general really.

2/10
Was gonna get this for my kids but it seems even they wont be interested for 5 minutes. Cheers.

American Graffiti. High school grads rumble around a small town on a Friday night in the '60s. Thought I made a wrong choice to give it a go as it started slow but got into it soon after. Interesting to see how different things were back then. For instance there's no chance a girl would get in a car with a wolf-whistling guy stalking her nowadays. Did not recognise Harrison Ford either. 6.5/10 - enjoyable but hardly a 'go out of your way to see' type of film.

Amanda Knox. Decent documentary about the trials of Amanda Knox, an American student living in Italy who was charged with and found guilty of the murder of her flatmate. Lots of talking head statements from people involved.

The investigator came across as a conservative old man, that allowed his own moral code define who was god and bad and made decisions based on hunches and developed a very narrow minded focus on his hunches. (Would do well here in the WA police force). It was a bungled investigation and trial/s right from the beginning.

Special mention made of the Nick Pisa, a "journalist" that covered the case for The Daily Mail.
"A murder always gets people going. Bit of intrigue, big of mystery, a whodunit…What more do you want in a story?" he said. "[A body is found] semi-naked, blood everywhere. What more do you want? All that's missing is the Pope!

"To see your name on the front page with a great story that everyone's talking about… it's just like this fantastic buzz," he said. "It's like having sex or something."

He admitted to not confirming every story he printed, saying: "We are journalists reporting what we have been told. It's not as if I can say, 'right, hold on a minute. I just want to double check that myself in some other way.'"

He is everything that is wrong with tabloids. Utter scum.

7.5/10

Amanda Knox. Decent documentary about the trials of Amanda Knox, an American student living in Italy who was charged with and found guilty of the murder of her flatmate. Lots of talking head statements from people involved.

The investigator came across as a conservative old man, that allowed his own moral code define who was god and bad and made decisions based on hunches and developed a very narrow minded focus on his hunches. (Would do well here in the WA police force). It was a bungled investigation and trial/s right from the beginning.

Special mention made of the Nick Pisa, a "journalist" that covered the case for The Daily Mail.
"A murder always gets people going. Bit of intrigue, big of mystery, a whodunit…What more do you want in a story?" he said. "[A body is found] semi-naked, blood everywhere. What more do you want? All that's missing is the Pope!

"To see your name on the front page with a great story that everyone's talking about… it's just like this fantastic buzz," he said. "It's like having sex or something."

He admitted to not confirming every story he printed, saying: "We are journalists reporting what we have been told. It's not as if I can say, 'right, hold on a minute. I just want to double check that myself in some other way.'"

He is everything that is wrong with tabloids. Utter scum.

7.5/10
Loved this film. Pretty ballsy for her to front up for it, especially considering a big part of her guilty-ness was the way she came across in the media. And even if you still think she actually is guilty (which I don't), she's not nearly the most villainous character in the film.

Loved this film. Pretty ballsy for her to front up for it, especially considering a big part of her guilty-ness was the way she came across in the media. And even if you still think she actually is guilty (which I don't), she's not nearly the most villainous character in the film.

I agree about her being brave. She was painted by the prosecution and media as a dirty **** which seemed to them a natural progression to being a murderer !

Always Be My Maybe - 6/10

Had a few good laughs, Keanu appearance was probably the highlight. But overall a decent comedy
Was going to watch that last night with my wife, but we watched the trailer instead and it basically gave us the whole movie in 2 minutes and we decided not to bother. Looked pretty damn cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back