Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeh I think so.

This is better than Suicide Squad (to be fair that’s a low bar) and actually functions pretty well as a self contained story. The general “forgetability” of it might be forged from the comic book fatigue and limitations that kind of story has, I think it’s a worthwhile watch just don’t expect too much.

Didnt get all the way through suicide squad, was putrid.

1582082692005.png

Prisoners - 10/10. This movie is a masterpiece.

1582082673081.png

Patriots Day - 7.5/10. Great movie. Never knew the story/situation surrounding the Boston bombings and this was by all accounts an accurate portrayal and straight to the point.

View attachment 825401

View attachment 825398

Patriots Day - 7.5/10. Great movie. Never knew the story/situation surrounding the Boston bombings and this was by all accounts an accurate portrayal and straight to the point.
I liked Patriots Day - quite a few gut wrenching moments as well that surprised me. The dude completing the marathon on blades always gets me in the feels.

View attachment 825401

View attachment 825398

Both outstanding movies.

Prisoners is one of the best films I've ever seen.

Apparently Hot Fuzz is now on Netflix!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Kelly was at a time the quintessential overrated director.

he made Donnie Darko, a complete ******* hideous mess that disappeared up its own backside and was hailed as a genius. When I was at film school they asked everyone their fav films and every bloke bar me and a dude who said top gun said darko.

he went on to make the worst film ever made with tales from the Southland and then the ******* horrible film the box.

but now I wouldn’t say he’s overrated cause I don’t think anyone will touch him with a barge pole anymore. He’s probably teaching filmmaking at some school to some nerds who eat up all his bullshit.
The problem with Darko was the editing. The directors cut had so many crucial extra scenes that made it possible to actually understand wtf was going on.
Editing made it a mess, albeit intriguing and mysterious. It hasn’t aged well but was still an amazing mess at the time I thought.

Doctor Sleep - 9.9/10 - a masterpiece imo. Best King adaptation since the Shawshank Redemption.

Gripped with loathing, fear, excitement, anticipation and disgust from the first scene to the last.

Completely unique story, amazing character development, brilliant acting - the cast is A1.

SEE THIS MOVIE - but beware, it is not for the faint hearted.

Doctor Sleep - 9.9/10 - a masterpiece imo. Best King adaptation since the Shawshank Redemption.

Gripped with loathing, fear, excitement, anticipation and disgust from the first scene to the last.

Completely unique story, amazing character development, brilliant acting - the cast is A1.

SEE THIS MOVIE - but beware, it is not for the faint hearted.

Jacob Tremblay was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back