Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Mank/Citizen Kane thing. If you wanna watch Mank without seeing or knowing anything about Kane that’s entitely your prerogative I’m just point out that the story for Mank is literally the story of how the guy came to be and write Citizen Kane.

Personally if you’ve not seen Kane and don’t know anything about it the film I can’t understand in the slightest what you’d enjoy in this. I consider Kane to be one of the best films of all time and I found Mank pretty dull.

OUATIH is a lot different, the last 25-30 minutes is all about Tate, the preceding 2 and a bit hours are about Hollywood if that era, the Dalton character and Booth. If you don’t like old Hollywood that’s cool but it’s a sweeping subject matter, Mank is very very specifically about one thing with a sprinkling of old Hollywood to explain how that thing came to be.

The War With Grandpa

Kids will probably love it but I think there are much better films on Netflix.

Jokes fell flat and was happy to fall asleep towards the end.

DeNiro didn’t offer much, has had some stinkers of late.

Are scriptwriters and directors trying anymore or has everyone just run out of ideas?

The War With Grandpa

Kids will probably love it but I think there are much better films on Netflix.

Jokes fell flat and was happy to fall asleep towards the end.

DeNiro didn’t offer much, has had some stinkers of late.

Are scriptwriters and directors trying anymore or has everyone just run out of ideas?

I reckon its laziness. And probs directives from big studios who just wanna churn out s**t mindless drivel that will make $$$$$

I'm being more selective with my movies- as I'm out of a job atm. It's kinda like "do i really need to see this". Hence why I skipped Unhinged and saw Let Him go instead. And The Dry today.

Nothing much else on atm from my POV..
There’s plenty of good stuff out there

If you have amazon, sound of metal is fantastic

There’s plenty of good stuff out there

If you have amazon, sound of metal is fantastic

I do not have amazon.

Just hit stop on "Escape Room"- first 30 minutes. Think Saw + The Game. Am enjoying it thus far, will watch the rest later this evening.

The Invisible Man.
Pretty good first half, really spooky and that dinner scene is everything people say it is, but the 2nd half just got bogged down in predictability. Ended up being a really ‘meh’ kinda letdown eventually.

Definitely will not bother watching again.

4/10

Pretty much agree with that. Good spooky stuff early on but then it got a bit silly. One of those movies that relies on people doing stupid things. Also the #metoo shtick where white men are evil, stupid and weak.

Worth a look despite it's flaws.

5/10

Pretty much agree with that. Good spooky stuff early on but then it got a bit silly. One of those movies that relies on people doing stupid things. Also the #metoo shtick where white men are evil, stupid and weak.

Worth a look despite it's flaws.

5/10

#metoo where men are evil, stupid and weak...

Probably shouldnt have bothered with the film in the first place really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maniac Cop. A movie from 1988 which, despite its title, is actually pretty good. It's listed as a horror but works better as a crime/thriller in the same mould as The Silence of the Lambs. 6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back