Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Be hard to pull off the goalie save in a sport with no protective mask unless he goes full Hannibal Lecter
Mate, this is JCVD we're talking about.

Playing twins is his speciality. Obviously one twin will become incapacitated and he'll have to be both himself, the hero, and the soccer playing brother.

The movie is writing itself!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The Terminator (1984)

Arnie was awesome. Linda Hamilton was cute but her acting was poor. The special effects were rubbish, reflecting the movie's low budget. The soundtrack is crappy. In many ways it looks like a B movie but it's a great concept and well directed with good pacing. It launched James Cameron and Arnie's careers.

6/10

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Arnie was still awesome. Linda Hamilton not only toned up physically but puts in a much better performance as the now badass Sarah Connor. Edward Furlong as young John Connor and Robert Patrick as the T-1000 are both very good. The special effects are excellent technically but also show a lot of imagination. Lots of spectacular stunts. There are some nice touches of humour. It's a perfect sci-fi action movie.

10/10
Stop there watch no more movies in the series.

Mate, this is JCVD we're talking about.

Playing twins is his speciality. Obviously one twin will become incapacitated and he'll have to be both himself, the hero, and the soccer playing brother.

The movie is writing itself!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
My entry into the "What was the first TV boobs you saw" thread'
phantom13

Stop there watch no more movies in the series.

I just watched the whole lot. The original is a classic as that's where the concept started. Judgment Day gave Cameron a decent budget to make what he really wanted to do. It gets patchy after that.

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

The producers ignore that Rise of the Machines, Salvation, and Genisys exist. It's harder for the audience to do that.

The Kyle Reese and John Connor characters are now both female. Linda Hamilton comes back to make up a trio of bad ass chicks. Arnie has a small role for old times sake. There's a one liner to explain some magic for a plot contrivance so that Arnie and Hamilton can get involved. There are some lengthy and huge action sequences. Repeated gun fights, explosions, car crashes, helicopter crashes, plane crashes. But no one dies. It gets pretty boring and you don't really care about any of the characters.

4/10

society of the snow

pretty amazing. not sanitised like they could have done, didn't gloss over the 'well some people died in the initial crash, now lets watch a movie of the survivors', they demonstrated it. true to the events.
reasonably familiar with the story being an air crash investigation fan, and a student of aviation incidents on wikipedia. but did learn some things as well.
managed to capture both the inhospitable conditions, and being cooped up, and all their dilemmas and thoughts they'd have to deal with. to do that i wonder if they may have made the set slightly smaller than a real charter plane.
easy to see why it got oscar noms.

Poor Things

I don't mind narratives going all over the place if the film has some style and soul. It has plenty of style (though if you've seen the Favourite, you'll be over the fish-eye lens which adds....what exactly?) but lacks soul. Would have been better to go with a more conventional narrative of Bella discovering the world and exploring the dodgy male-female child relationship.

As I noted earlier in the thread, Emma Stone's performance is the sort of thing that attracts Oscars but Sandra Huller was miles better in Anatomy of a Fall.

6/10
Don’t get this either.
Thought Emma Stone was ordinary too in La, La Land. Guess Academy has a liking for that type of acting.

I'm keen to watch the Roadhouse movie that's just come up on Amazon but before I do that, I wanted to watch the original.

Man I love 80s films. Especially the ones that are so terrible they're good.

I also love Swayze.

I'm expecting the remake to be s**t but I will get around to watching it in the next few days.

I'm keen to watch the Roadhouse movie that's just come up on Amazon but before I do that, I wanted to watch the original.

Man I love 80s films. Especially the ones that are so terrible they're good.

I also love Swayze.

I'm expecting the remake to be s**t but I will get around to watching it in the next few days.
I love the original and the new one is good but not on the same level as the original.

Way less eye candy and hot chicks hello Kelly Lynch and Julie Michaels! No mentor for Dalton and helping hand like he had with Wade Garrett adding spice to the script / Connor McGregor was good in his acting debut but not as intimidating as what Jimmy was in the original and it didn't seem natural for him.

Well worth the watch and Jake G is fantastic as always but no where near as good as the original IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the original and the new one is good but not on the same level as the original.

Way less eye candy and hot chicks hello Kelly Lynch and Julie Michaels! No mentor for Dalton and helping hand like he had with Wade Garrett adding spice to the script / Connor McGregor was good in his acting debut but not as intimidating as what Jimmy was in the original and it didn't seem natural for him.

Well worth the watch and Jake G is fantastic as always but no where near as good as the original IMO.
Kelly Lynch. Phwoar. Yes please.

Ricky Stanicky (2024) (Prime)

I actually found this to be a very funny film. I mean a real laugh-out-loud funny film. Cena doing those masturbation songs was hilarious. I bet he loved filming that part and dressing up in those costumes. This was filmed in Melbourne, and I know some of the people who were extras in it, so it was fun looking out for them. But the script was tight, the jokes worked, and the performances were great by all the main cast. Great to see a few Aussie actors get roles, but I was wondering if Stan Grant blacked up to look more African American in this film, which seems a tad odd to me. 8/10

Kelly Lynch. Phwoar. Yes please.
road house GIF

It was these sorts of scenes the remake never had and was more focused on violence than actual character development.

Saw Poor Things in a packed cinema in December. Crowd went apeshit for the comedy. I liked the coming of age drama side more.
Both really worked for me, and yet I totally get how this movie wouldn't gel with everyone.

Loved how Bella's journey went from joyous discovery to an ultra clear-eyed and realistic view of the world - while still not coloured with quite the same level of cynicism as those who have lived in it for decades.

I know someone called it "soulless" but I found it uplifting and connected with it quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back