Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Be hard to pull off the goalie save in a sport with no protective mask unless he goes full Hannibal Lecter
sudden death face off cross over with JCVD and Cage

throw Pedro in for fun as well

Society of the Snow (2023). Spanish with subs.

The story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose charter flight crashes in the Andes.

We are so used to action movies where the characters come through ridiculously dangerous events unscathed. But this is the reality of a struggle for survival at its most brutal. Freezing cold, buried for days on end, so starved of food that you resort to eating your friends who have died. The filmmakers do a good job in fleshing out the characters so that it doesn't feel like a documentary. 2 and 1/2 hours but it's structured and the story merits the longish runtime.

7/10

Society of the Snow (2023). Spanish with subs.

The story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose charter flight crashes in the Andes.

We are so used to action movies where the characters come through ridiculously dangerous events unscathed. But this is the reality of a struggle for survival at its most brutal. Freezing cold, buried for days on end, so starved of food that you resort to eating your friends who have died. The filmmakers do a good job in fleshing out the characters so that it doesn't feel like a documentary. 2 and 1/2 hours but it's structured and the story merits the longish runtime.

7/10

How does it compare to the other version “Alive”?

Felon

Brutal, good prison movie

Sad about Val Kilmer he most definitely would have had a renaissance of a career in the last several years if he was healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it compare to the other version “Alive”?
It would have been in late 1976 when I entered a call-in on 3DB's afternoon joke competition and won for my champagne comedy of:

"What did the Lion say when he saw the boy on rollerskates?"

"Mmm...meals on wheels"

And for that I won (at 7yo) a double pass to the Mexican film SURVIVE! that told the story of the rugby team and the cannibalism that ensued.

I had to pass the tickets on to my much older cousin....

It would have been in late 1976 when I entered a call-in on 3DB's afternoon joke competition and won for my champagne comedy of:

"What did the Lion say when he saw the boy on rollerskates?"

"Mmm...meals on wheels"

And for that I won (at 7yo) a double pass to the Mexican film SURVIVE! that told the story of the rugby team and the cannibalism that ensued.

I had to pass the tickets on to my much older cousin....

Survive was it?

Nah the one I’m thinking of came out in the mid 1990’s

Yeah, that one came out some time later...

...SURVIVE! was a grisly Mexican flick rushed to catch in on the notorious situation. Hardly the prize for a kids' hour radio competition!

Not surprising for the 70’s or early 80’s tbh

I think back on lots that went on back then and as a Parent shake my head…you could get into most movies as a kid

Not surprising for the 70’s or early 80’s tbh

I think back on lots that went on back then and as a Parent shake my head…you could get into most movies as a kid
My 12-year-old brother took me as an eight-year-old to see the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Nightmares indeed. Oh, and we did a double act with Lifeforce. A sci-fi film starring Patrick Stewart lost to the ages with copious amounts of full frontal nudity.

My 12-year-old brother took me as an eight-year-old to see the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Nightmares indeed. Oh, and we did a double act with Lifeforce. A sci-fi film starring Patrick Stewart lost to the ages with copious amounts of full frontal nudity.
IMG_0198.gif

Alright so I watched Roadhouse (2024)...

Perhaps if it was its own standalone movie I might have liked it before but I kinda downgraded it because I don't think it did the original enough justice.

Some of the graphics I thought were a bit weird, the fight scenes a little strange at times.

Connor McGregor... I dunno.. seems like he would have been better placed in a Fast and the Furious movie really. I understand that UFC had a bit to do with this movie so that explains a bit.

A few of the integral parts of the originals story line as mentioned above were left out which I think hurt it a little.

Gyllenhaal though, I still love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back