Universal Love What's up with Wylie Buzza?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes a chance......... If we get alot of injuries. He needs time to develop, still very raw.

Really struggled with the game last year. Not a strong AFL background - you could see him thinking his way thru everything- even kicking the ball.

He did improve to the point where he could get to contests in the air. Marked a few.
Began to set up a few reasonable leads. Looked like he was reading it better.
He never shirked an issue = liked the body on body stuff.
Black and House are well ahead ATM but kids learn fast and another preseason will see him improve further.

Next to no chance of getting a game ever... he simply won't make it... no good.

He simply doesn't have any football smarts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing when you think about it that this comment is made about a guy on a senior list.

Yep. But its the case. Rugby league I think.

Pick 65? -Parsons would have been a wiser pick obviously (using those special glasses) but they knew Buzza would need at least two years so if on rookie list he would still be here anyway.

It will be quick. It is this year ie winning lots of ball in VFL or the door.

It's amazing when you think about it that this comment is made about a guy on a senior list.
Pick 68 or something.. nearly the last bloke taken in the draft.

What you expect to get, a bone fide Rd1 player that dropped like as stone thru injury?

Nope, you'd complain about that too. And ive seen it.

And he came from a non AFL background. Its a speculative pick. By the very definition, it means to guess, to see if it works.

Its a punt.

Blitz had no footy background either.

I wont accept for a second that an AFL list can survive being made up of a majority of components like him, but when you have rd5 picks late in the draft, there is gonna be some speculation. And yes, that may involve some non traditional drafting types - Like Buzza.

GO Catters

Its not amazing at all when you look at the types of spec picks recruiters take in the 60s and beyond in drafts.

that's stuff you learn in under 12's
When it comes to footy smarts, eg positioning and bringing others into the game, Wylie is at a very low base no doubt...... There is a bit to work with when you consider his size etc but the feel for the game seems to be nearly non existent on this years efforts.

What you expect to get, a bone fide Rd1 player that dropped like as stone thru injury?

Nope, you'd complain about that too. And ive seen it.

And he came from a non AFL background. Its a speculative pick. By the very definition, it means to guess, to see if it works.

Very good fundamental football skills.

I never said I expected a round 1 player, generally because I rarely expect any draftee to play seniors regularly in their first or even second season.

Care to share any other misguided presumptions that you think I'll complain about? Go on, pick your topic.

I've seen that too.

Last edited:
that's stuff you learn in under 12's

Yes - you and maybe me. Dawson Simpson never figured this bit out - he rarely got into a marking contest in the number one position, even when he had ample time. Buzza is now getting to contests. Next year he has take up better position on the way and start clunking.

Buzza he was a very speculative pick.
They played him down back early (probably to get him into the play (the ball was 70% in defence in first half year). Later he moved forward and looked better but still a long way off
He has improved thats the point. As a speculative main list pick of a type he gets another year to get it right. If a rookie he may have been gone with Jock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back