Competitions What's your rarest/best Richmond footy card?

Remove this Banner Ad

OK probably some of my favourites although not super rare are the 1911 Sniders Penants series and also the 1939 Allens series. 1954 Kornies Champion Footballers and 1959 Kornies Scoreboards really take you back to the era.

But the real connection for me and so many others is with growing up and living, breathing all those things we scored ourselves in the momennt from wax packets, cereal and bread bags and dropped into our own private box away from siblings and parents and would every now and again just open the lid and take a peek.

My favourites, though once again not that rare were the Kelloggs stickers of 1973-4 (premiership years for me), the 1971 Mobil cards of Hart, Bourke and Clay, and the 1974 Scanlens set of 13 Richmond players, from a larger set of 132, double any previous set sizes, and the first one I managed to complete in full.

Here's my first hero as a lad from that series.

1551226241680.png

OK probably some of my favourites although not super rare are the 1911 Sniders Penants series and also the 1939 Allens series. 1954 Kornies Champion Footballers and 1959 Kornies Scoreboards really take you back to the era.

But the real connection for me and so many others is with growing up and living, breathing all those things we scored ourselves in the momennt from wax packets, cereal and bread bags and dropped into our own private box away from siblings and parents and would every now and again just open the lid and take a peek.

My favourites, though once again not that rare were the Kelloggs stickers of 1973-4 (premiership years for me), the 1971 Mobil cards of Hart, Bourke and Clay, and the 1974 Scanlens set of 13 Richmond players, from a larger set of 132, double any previous set sizes, and the first one I managed to complete in full.

Here's my first hero as a lad from that series.

View attachment 626422

Yeah for pure nostalgia I agree with the above. Not rare but sentimental
I also grew up with the 1973 and onwards cards. never ate the gum (horrible tasting)
Also my first complete set was somewhere between 1973-1977, but gave them away or misplaced them, bummer!!!!
But I did keep the signed cards of KB, Royce and a few others that I got from a training night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back