When Nexus breka up (whenever that is) who will be the break out star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I reckon it will be Gabriel. He has the look, the athleticsm, and the fans would take to him as a babyface.

On Raw the other week, Barrett was introducing the members of Nexus to the crowd and Gabriel got the biggest pop. The others got booed.

I think he'll eventually make it as a singles champion on his own.

That's my prediction. I might be wrong, but it could be like a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels situation where both those guys were only 230 pounds or so. Both part of tag teams, and wouldn't have seemed like they were going to be headliners, but they ended up being headliners.

I think Justin Gabriel has that potential. I can see something there. Is it just me?

Barrett Tarver and Skip have the monster heel look Vince loves, so expect all of them get some form of push.

I agree Gabriel is a huge fan favorite much like Evan Bourne, hopefully unlike Evan he's allowed to push out of the mid card

Gabriel could be huge probably needs a bit more work on his mic/promo skills but in-ring wise he can make it to the top but they way things are these days i can't see him getting a fair go unless its in the tag team division. Almost worth getting rid of the US title and bringing in the cruiserweight or something similar to that for guys like Justin, Bourne etc and keep the big bodied guys away from it.

On Barrett being boring, he works wwe style to a tee, right down to a slow move set

I agree he's boring, but you can't argue that's not the style WWE want him to use

Does Daniel Bryan count as a member of the original Nexus? If not:

David Otunga:
Retired 2015, still with the company, 2x Tag Champ

Heath Slater:
Released 2020, 1x 24/7 Champion, 4x Tag Champ

Justin Gabriel
Released 2015, 3x Tag Champ

Michael Tarver
Released 2011

Ryback
Released 2016, 1x Intercontinental Champ

Darren Young
Released 2017, 1x Tag Champ

Wade Barrett
Released 2016, 5x Intercontinental Champ, 1x King of the Ring

I think Slater or Barrett win it for me. Also thought Ryback did more than win 1 title...

Has to be Ryback? Got closer to the world title than anyone else didn’t he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Daniel Bryan count as a member of the original Nexus? If not:

David Otunga:
Retired 2015, still with the company, 2x Tag Champ

Heath Slater:
Released 2020, 1x 24/7 Champion, 4x Tag Champ

Justin Gabriel
Released 2015, 3x Tag Champ

Michael Tarver
Released 2011

Ryback
Released 2016, 1x Intercontinental Champ

Darren Young
Released 2017, 1x Tag Champ

Wade Barrett
Released 2016, 5x Intercontinental Champ, 1x King of the Ring

I think Slater or Barrett win it for me. Also thought Ryback did more than win 1 title...
PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) is also a former mid card title holder in TNA and GFW, also won a 6 man tag title in Lucha Underground, currently in ROH now.

Wow 10 years, bahgawd.

Barret was the total package but never recovered from the Cena Shovel.

Otunga was the worst and is the only one still at the fed, says a lot.
TBF, Otunga stopped wrestling 5 years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back