When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah the old condescension from a Carlton fan, can predict it ten years before it happens. I understand your list very well. Go to multiple Carlton games a year and am a free Carlton member. Have deep list discussion with two Carlton mates quite often.

Truth is your clubs performance the past 8 years hasn't been any more exciting than watching a snail crawl along a footpath. No preseason hype will change that fact. I've literally heard the same thing from the arrogant fans like you since 2016. 5 years. If you want my serious comments on Carltons list, how about you read them above rather than ignore them. Say hi in here when you're done.

Haven’t seen anyone say different and No we don’t want your “serious comments on Carlton’s list”

was it reflective of end of era, reset coming up?
I think we are done at the top, the core of our group is aging and it would take a miracle for us to have another crack next year.

A combination of up and coming players didn't get enough game time or opportunity during 2017 - 2020 , spots in the firsts were tight. and covid didn't
help....so our prep is behind the top teams.

If you wish to talk about 'history' - : 16>2.

oh and how about a "sorry folks for the embarassment my Club's 'great list' put up in the GF" - 19 goals in a quarter and half - to ZIPPO.

woof woof LOL
It's like you only read the parts about carlton fans being condescending and arrogant and thought "I'll prove this guys point".

Ah the old condescension from a Carlton fan, can predict it ten years before it happens. I understand your list very well. Go to multiple Carlton games a year and am a free Carlton member. Have deep list discussion with two Carlton mates quite often.

Truth is your clubs performance the past 8 years hasn't been any more exciting than watching a snail crawl along a footpath. No preseason hype will change that fact. I've literally heard the same thing from the arrogant fans like you since 2016. 5 years. If you want my serious comments on Carltons list, how about you read them above rather than ignore them. Say hi in here when you're done.

You are right about the last 8 seasons of Carlton.

We cannot really have a logical counterpoint to your criticisms until we start performing on field.

I think our list potentially is better than what many neutrals here are saying, but it means nothing if it doesn't translate to wins on field.

Can't speak for other Carlton fans here, but have to actually start performing on field before we can start talking smack etc.

You are right about the last 8 seasons of Carlton.

We cannot really have a logical counterpoint to your criticisms until we start performing on field.

I think our list potentially is better than what many neutrals here are saying, but it means nothing if it doesn't translate to wins on field.

Can't speak for other Carlton fans here, but have to actually start performing on field before we can start talking smack etc.
I'm not trying to s**t on Carlton with my comments, but I have to put things into perspective for the certain users here that think they're already finals bound and are talking smack to everyone that doesn't agree.

I think the list has plenty of upside, there are still some question marks and personally I don't think Voss has the EQ needed nowadays to get the best out of the list but we'll see if those questions are answered this season.

I think we are done at the top, the core of our group is aging and it would take a miracle for us to have another crack next year.

A combination of up and coming players didn't get enough game time or opportunity during 2017 - 2020 , spots in the firsts were tight. and covid didn't
help....so our prep is behind the top teams.
That’s an honest assessment. Although, as much as it frustrates me to admit, I don’t expect you’ll be out of top rung for prolonged period; Tigers senior admin team is far to astute.

Literally zero people want to read your ‘serious comments’ on Carltons list.

Am a Blues fan and couldn't agree more.

relax big fella we havent had a midfield for 10 years. Hoping Cerra and Hewett along with Cripps and Walsh changes that this season.

This has been our problem area since 2014 - prior to that we had an above average midfield with Judd puling the strings but no key position players of any decent quality.

We see improvement in the list and the two way mids we bought into the group should improve the balance.

Best thing about pre season is every team is sitting on 0-0-0. Can’t blame the opposition supporters thinking it’ll be the same old story in season 2022 for Carlton; equally can’t blame the Carlton supporters thinking the same. Also can understand tho the optimism of Carlton supporters who are premising their optimism on two good acquisitions into the midfield, a clean injury list, a preseason into the youngsters and a fresh coaching lineup.

Teague's gameplan didn't suit the modern game.

Played an antiquated back 6/man on man, rather than zone/+1. Attacking, full ground style, rather than condensed/contested footy. Think Voss will have a better balance

As for the off field conjecture/concerns around Teague, it was from a small minority of players, whether it was youth or senior players that weren't good enough for senior selection

Agendas never change

What a stupid thing to say about any supporter.

The carry on would suggest Carlton are dead certainties to make finals.

A resemblance of angst and the mob mentality in this thread is poor.

The comment will get turned on said poster(s club) and soon become a posing contestant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The carry on would suggest Carlton are dead certainties to make finals.

A resemblance of angst and the mob mentality in this thread is poor.

The comment will get turned on said poster(s club) and soon become a posing contestant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a Carlton supporter i think we are dead certain to make the eight, now tell me what's wrong with that.

You cannot include those names and expect people to take this comment seriously.

Right, those blokes aren't talented?

For all the s**t he copped, Saad had a decent year with us in a completely dysfunctional team who couldn't transition from back to front to save themselves. He's got years of runs on the board from his time at GC and Essendon. Are you happy to write off Dogs players after 1 poor year?

Ditto Williams. Had a shocking year, but runs on the board at GWS - was a quality player in a quality side. Again, are you happy to write off your own players so quickly?

Martin is likely the most talented out of all of them, but has only ever really strung it together for 1 year at Gold Coast. However my post was about talent, are you going to argue Jack Martin isn't talented?

I'll say it again, no idea if we can put it together or ever truly contend but if you genuinely think Carltons list isn't talented enough to make finals then you've got rocks in your head.

As for the off field conjecture/concerns around Teague, it was from a small minority of players, whether it was youth or senior players that weren't good enough for senior selection

What Crap. In the end most players didn't support him which was borne out in the review and why he and other coaches were sacked. He presided over a major decline in standards and became more and more divisive. If the majority of players supported him he would have stayed

For all the sh*t he copped, Saad had a decent year with us in a completely dysfunctional team who couldn't transition from back to front to save themselves. He's got years of runs on the board from his time at GC and Essendon. Are you happy to write off Dogs players after 1 poor year?

Ditto Williams. Had a shocking year, but runs on the board at GWS - was a quality player in a quality side. Again, are you happy to write off your own players so quickly?

Martin is likely the most talented out of all of them, but has only ever really strung it together for 1 year at Gold Coast. However my post was about talent, are you going to argue Jack Martin isn't talented?

I'll say it again, no idea if we can put it together or ever truly contend but if you genuinely think Carltons list isn't talented enough to make finals then you've got rocks in your head.

Well said. I have NO DOUBT we have the talent to be a Top 4 side.

The question is will we get the best of out it. A change in standards and a decent game plan will definitely help

It's like you only read the parts about carlton fans being condescending and arrogant and thought "I'll prove this guys point".

You quoted 8 years about Carlton - I quoted another view of history back at you and you took offence at my statement of fact? So let me get this right - Carlton supporters are arrogant when they point out their Club's history - but you aren't arrogant when pointing out something about Carlton's history? Where is the logic in this?

Just because you wish to use labels and write a narrative about Carlton supporters as being this or that - doesn't make it true - you know that right? I don't think any less or more of doggies supporters as people - just because the team they fielded on GF day - allowed another team to score 19 goals unaswered in a quarter and a bit. Bad stuff can happen - doesn't necessarily say much about the future.

One day - even Collingwood might recover from the dark pit of despair they currently find themselves in - one day maybe the world will forget that Essendon were systematic drug cheats - doing 'whatever it takes' to gain advanatge - one day the doggies might even win a third flag - see, we all have wonderful sets of future possibilities to consider !

Their list is more than capable of challenging top 6 next year, But I feel you should give them a little leniency seeing as they will have a new coach/plan to implement next year. Don't expect anything too crazy in 2022, 2023 onwards however look out!

I seem to remember last pre season they were being hailed as a genuine flag fancy after they drafted Zac Williams, Adam Saad, Lachie Fogarty but they failed to deliver, Mostly due to a lack of defensive effort IMO. Hopefully their new coach can find more balance.

Best of luck to them in 2022!

What Crap. In the end most players didn't support him which was borne out in the review and why he and other coaches were sacked. He presided over a major decline in standards and became more and more divisive. If the majority of players supported him he would have stayed

So you have a copy of the review and or spoken to all the players I gather?

Now, re-read my post carefully, in regards to a small minority of players, strangely enough the players that weren't able to break and or remain in the side

"Though some players were critical of the game plan, Teague’s supporters say the voices who were listened to were not the majority, but the most vocal."

For all the sh*t he copped, Saad had a decent year with us in a completely dysfunctional team who couldn't transition from back to front to save themselves. He's got years of runs on the board from his time at GC and Essendon. Are you happy to write off Dogs players after 1 poor year?

We cop a lot of template copy/paste 'opinions' in this thread.

I guess the funniest part is the number of opposition posters coming in and presenting this general 'oh Carlton might have 4 or 5 star players, but Saad is just a nice compliment' - as if there was any doubt that was the case. Not only that, it is completely self-evident and applies to any current Top 8 team as well. If we are running with a bunch of stars and then a set of high quality complimentary players then we are laughing.

Sometimes I pine for some better troll posters. At least someone like Fadge comes in, says his piece, obscures a lot of rubbish by going on some specific tangent and actually makes you consider an alternative perspective. If you're going to have a contrarian opinion in the face of an overwhelming set of support for an opposing idea you want to at least have something solid to back up with.

There's way too many half-baked posters who want their 5 minutes in the sun, so they regurgitate some old nonsense and then play the victim when it predictably gets turned on them.

Their list is more than capable of challenging top 6 next year, But I feel you should give them a little leniency seeing as they will have a new coach/plan to implement next year. Don't expect anything too crazy in 2022, 2023 onwards however look out!

I seem to remember last pre season they were being hailed as a genuine flag fancy after they drafted Zac Williams, Adam Saad, Lachie Fogarty but they failed to deliver, Mostly due to a lack of defensive effort IMO. Hopefully their new coach can find more balance.

Best of luck to them in 2022!

I think most thought we could scrape in at best this year. I was quietly confidence with the attacking weapons we had we'd put some decent teams away, but unfortunately Teague's gameplan failed not only defensively - which had been the case since last year - but also began lapsing offensively and scoring became a real grind.

We should be in the mix next year, no doubt. The list looks more balanced, genuine stars in all parts of the ground, we're in the right spot with the age of our list.

Finals is the yardstick for Voss next year IMO. 9th or 10th we could accept on the basis of the number of wholesale changes, but IMO Top 8 should be the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back