Where are St Kilda at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those saying we still have a large number of senior players...surely to stay competitive you don't want that many. The optimal age would be 23-28 right?

I think you need to keep the 30+ year olds in the same bracket as the kids albeit they bring experience and can be amazing if they have the legs around them which in a young side you don't

Is Delaney really the long-term solution at 26? Was he injured on Sunday? Healy had been wrapping him up during the call before he was subbed out; commentators were saying it was a blow to lose a tall back with the form Hogan was in, but I didn't see any sign of an injury. Finey expressed some hesitancy about his future a few weeks ago - not a good sign as he's usually upbeat about the Saints players!

And what's happened to Simpkin? Is he on the way out?
Richo said he was subbed due to Melbourne subbing Pederson.

i think were going to be allright :cool:
View attachment 148033

Watched McCartin on Sunday after watching closely in the 18'S CHAMPS and the bloke is a beast of a player. Any talk of the Saints cocking up pick one is so far off the mark its not funny.

McCartin >>>>>Hogan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boyd

Watched McCartin on Sunday after watching closely in the 18'S CHAMPS and the bloke is a beast of a player. Any talk of the Saints cocking up pick one is so far off the mark its not funny.

Well, you've got Boyd at the right end.

McCartin is starting to find his feet in senior footy. Played a good game last week and starting to look like he belongs. Still a project but getting more exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get carried away. McCartin did look very good last week and he's had a couple other decent games recently it's still very early and only VFL.

I do agree that he probably was a bit underrated by most people here due to a bunch of niggling injuries effecting his form last year but I wouldn't say he's ahead of Hogan or Boyd yet.

I think it's probably too early to make any real conclusions about any kind of rankings yet. All I know is that I'm happy with McCartin and I'm sure the Dees, Dogs and Pies are happy with who they got as well.

Paddy will be a beast no doubt. But also has great character boyd and moore look a bit floggish to me bit of figjam about them. Hogan has it all

Just to remind you that it was a VFL game. Hogan kicked 5 in his last AFL game. Obviously we hope that McC will be a gun, but as it stands I believe that Hogan will be the next great power forward of his generation... if McCartin can be as good as say a Cameron Mooney I will be pleased.

M
Just to remind you that it was a VFL game. Hogan kicked 5 in his last AFL game. Obviously we hope that McC will be a gun, but as it stands I believe that Hogan will be the next great power forward of his generation... if McCartin can be as good as say a Cameron Mooney I will be pleased.
Mooney geez you aim low

Cameron Mooney is a triple premiership all australian player. He is no where near the class of Pavlich, Riewoldt, or for that matter Gehrig, Fevola or Neitz. None of those mentioned have a flag.

And look at some other recent number 1s who are now well in to their careers... Watts, Scully, Kreuzer, Gibbs... got to keep the expectations low...

Yeah if a no.1 draft pick like McCartin is only as good as Mooney I'll be disappointed.

If he can be as good as Roughead who he's been compared to in terms of playing style I'll be pleased.
Unrealistic. Last number 1 in his league was BJ Goddard - that's 13 years ago. If that's the standard you're setting you are highly likely to be disappointed.

Unrealistic. Last number 1 in his league was BJ Goddard - that's 13 years ago. If that's the standard you're setting you are highly likely to be disappointed.

It's not an unrealistic expectation that a no.1 pick KPF turns out to be better than Cam Mooney. He might be a triple premiership player but that doesn't change the fact he was an average KPF at best that was just fortunate to play in some very strong teams, his first premiership at North he didn't even get a touch FFS.

Saints are on track. Won't be a prolonged rebuild IMO. This year and maybe next will be the last time they'll get a chance to get an early pick for a while.

Last edited:
Cameron Mooney is a triple premiership all australian player. He is no where near the class of Pavlich, Riewoldt, or for that matter Gehrig, Fevola or Neitz. None of those mentioned have a flag.

And look at some other recent number 1s who are now well in to their careers... Watts, Scully, Kreuzer, Gibbs... got to keep the expectations low...
Cameron mooney was bog average.

A number 1 draft pick KPF needs to be far better.

We develop picks pretty well as well as KFP so he should be a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back