Where will Geelong finish 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure if this thread has been done but I have us finishing 4th if we lose to Freo. If we can beat the dogs in finals I think we can make the grand final again. What do you guys and gals think? 52D5EDD7-62ED-4877-A844-01E389686CA4.png Hey

Sydney just knocked off Bulldogs as well.

Probably 3rd behind Dees and Bulldogs. Maybe even second if we beat the Dees at home, more probably if we also put them to the sword.

I think we'll need to go undefeated to finish top two.

If Brisbane go undefeated themselves I have us finishing 4th regardless of whether we drop 1 or 2 games (as we'll be below them on percentage if we only drop 1 game and we'll be below them on points if we drop 2 games).

Melbourne and Bulldogs have some tough games to come but with Melbourne having the one win buffer over us and Bulldogs have their huge percentage it makes them tough to catch. Melbourne might be possible I guess if they lose to the Bulldogs although again that would require us going undefeated.

I think we'll need to go undefeated to finish top two.

If Brisbane go undefeated themselves I have us finishing 4th regardless of whether we drop 1 or 2 games (as we'll be below them on percentage if we only drop 1 game and we'll be below them on points if we drop 2 games).

Melbourne and Bulldogs have some tough games to come but with Melbourne having the one win buffer over us and Bulldogs have their huge percentage it makes them tough to catch. Melbourne might be possible I guess if they lose to the Bulldogs although again that would require us going undefeated.

Has Hipwood's injury been confirmed, because if he's out for the year I don't see Brisbane going through the remainder of the h&a season undefeated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat Essendon by 41 points last week

We lost to Brisbane by 7 goals at the Gabba a week earlier so while we are notching up the wins, we are not playing footy that would make us look like premiership material. That was a horrid display by us on the weekend. In fact, get on us to lose against Freo on Thursday as it's almost a certainty they beat us.

I have us finishing top but we should at least finish top 4 now. With the way other teams are dropping we have a big chance to get our run right.

I see us finishing 3rd & playing the Dogs in week 1....Our draw certainly stacks up compared to the others on the way home.

We lost to Brisbane by 7 goals at the Gabba a week earlier so while we are notching up the wins, we are not playing footy that would make us look like premiership material. That was a horrid display by us on the weekend. In fact, get on us to lose against Freo on Thursday as it's almost a certainty they beat us.
Fortunately for us, Brisbane will be without their best forward and it'll be unlikely they finish above us on the ladder so we won't play them at the Gabba again.

We finished 2nd last year
At full strength, we are a better team this year
So, to beat us, each of the other 3 contenders have to make up (a) last years difference between them and us, and (b) this year's improvement by us and (c) another goal (at least).
Barring further big injuries to us they're ****ed.

Geez what a meltdown post.
Brisbane were just demolished by the Saints at the Gabba, what would you say if a side outside the 8 gave us a touch up at KP? My guess is you'd claim we can't win the flag
Dees have dropped games to GWS and Pies in recent weeks
Dogs just dropped a game at Marvel to a side in a hub

We're not setting the world on fire right now but we're going no worse than the other top 4 sides, I do think Freo will beat us but I don't think we drop a game again for the year after that

Brisbane haven't won at the MCG for 7 years.

With a fit and firing Cameron, we'll win the flag.

Brisbane haven't won at the MCG for 7 years.

They will probably end that hoodoo on Friday against twelvethmond. But agree with your overall sentiment. Us getting the Lions at an MCG qualifying/prelim/GF would be ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back