Which club do you hate the most?

Which of these clubs do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't explain my hatred but I know the pecking order:

Essendon
So many things I could bring up here but the worst for me was the 2001 prelim. Flat out cheating. Also Sheedy is a piece of s**t and his accusation of us taking drugs was his lowest ebb.

North. Just a dirty side who I couldn't stand watch beat us in a final.

Sydney
2012 was the worst footy day for me so far. We deserved it with players like Young in the side but I hate that loss more than anything else. Buddy going there actually didn't increase my hatred. I'm glad he went. A star who can get a team to finals but costs you every time when it counts unless he has a complete day out ...

In 2013 (or 2012 - I can't remember which) the show Hawk Talk with Lehmo offered a signed jumper at the end of every episode. You had to write in with the best answer to every question. I won 4 in a row.

One question was "which footy team to you hate and why?"

I posted this:

The bulldogs and the lions,
I really wouldn’t rate ‘em
But I don’t think I could really say
That in my heart, I hate ‘em.

Melbourne is one team though
That makes me just see red
‘cause they’re the rotten mongrels
That kicked Dunstall in the head

Geelong? I’d like to see them all
Put upon the rack.
Once they’d seen how great he was
They should’a given Ablett back

Then there’s Gold Coast, and the Giants
New comers to our game
Who stole Gilham, Brown, and Murphy
And want Buddy. That’s insane.

The Blues are another team
That think that they're the best
Who could barrack for a team
Who’s nickname means “depressed”?

You’d have to say the pies in fact
Were a team that we should hate
But honestly I couldn’t care
Less about their fate.

Now Essendon’s a football club
That broke the golden rule
Their hired help ran through a pack
And tried to kill Brad Sewell

The Swans, now there’s a team
Who had a hole to plug
They travelled to St Kilda twice
And hired themselves a thug.

West Coast and Fremantle
are so far behind in time
That when we play away to them
It’s nineteen fifty nine.

The crows and that other team
That call themselves the power
Are always behind the hawks
By at least a half an hour.

The kangaroos are a team
Who make me want to wretch
They had a ruckman named Nolan once
Whose skin could REALLY stretch.

The tigers are a rabid bunch
They finish ninth each year
To hold the eight up for the rest
We should give them a cheer

But one team is worse than all of them
The scared cowardly dorks
Were University, because
They quit before the Hawks.

And one team’s even worse than that
They’re a disgrace unto themselves.
The team I hate the most you see
Is Mill Park under 12’s.

They’re pretty decent footy players
And they play well so I’m told
But the pies inside their clubhouse
Are always BLOODY COLD

I'll post another that won in the greatest rivalry thread.

It was 2013. I knew someone was hogging all the prizes ;)

Very tough question to answer, I can't decide between any of these!

Essendon*
Essenjection
Essendank
Bombres
Dankendon
EssenJames
The Pep Heads
Essencheat
Tullamarine
Jimmy & The Injectors
Essendrug

It was 2013. I knew someone was hogging all the prizes ;)
I sent them in under three different names. Me then my brother in law then my nephew then me again.

1. Geelong. Respect and a great rivalry. Love beating them so hate them in that sense. The other hatreds are just abhorrence towards vile cheating things, this is a legitimate rivalry. Great team. Magnificent bastards. Love to beat them.

2. Sydney. Unequal playing field with flog supporters and media worshipping them. Condescending bloods culture and team spirit type talk made my blood boil. Adam Goodes. Flogs.

3. Essendon. Drug cheats. More pity and disdain than hatred. Blight on the game. I feel the same emotions towards Ebola. Only thing that keeps them from topping the list is the colossal farce of their saga as they disintegrate and suffer. If they had on field success during this time I'd be irascible, but their minnow status shields them somewhat.

4. Carlton. Arrogant people who brought premierships and cheated with the cap.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard for me to believe Geelong would have more votes on the dislike-meter than Carlton......

Having grown up watching the 80's Hawthorn teams, Geelong provided a wonderful side story to allow our greatness to shine most clearly. The hand baggers had brilliant footballers chock full of skill who looked like they could do anything, except when it came to beating us. Oh the stage they helped set for our boys!!! :thumbsu:
Never had to hate them, they were just fun to watch whether against other teams or our own.:p

The blues on the other hand, just nasty pieces of work....you just had to take a trip down lygon st and watch the nefarious f@#$%rs mingling with criminals and 'benefactors' to know what you were dealing with.

Carlton are only a short head finishing fast behind the bombers for my loathing, and it takes unwanted vomit-inducing memories of the bewicks and denhams and merretts to keep them firmly at bay.

Hard for me to believe Geelong would have more votes on the dislike-meter than Carlton......

Having grown up watching the 80's Hawthorn teams, Geelong provided a wonderful side story to allow our greatness to shine most clearly. The hand baggers had brilliant footballers chock full of skill who looked like they could do anything, except when it came to beating us. Oh the stage they helped set for our boys!!! :thumbsu:
Never had to hate them, they were just fun to watch whether against other teams or our own.:p

The blues on the other hand, just nasty pieces of work....you just had to take a trip down lygon st and watch the nefarious f@#$%rs mingling with criminals and 'benefactors' to know what you were dealing with.

Carlton are only a short head finishing fast behind the bombers for my loathing, and it takes unwanted vomit-inducing memories of the bewicks and denhams and merretts to keep them firmly at bay.

Ha ha, yes, my thoughts exactly.
Geelong: sadly forever in our shadow: they finally have a period of success, and the Hawks go WHAM, BANG! with a threepeat.

And I agree with the Carlton/Essendon hatred - cheating bastards.

I enjoyed watching the recent great Cats as well. It is a real pity Thompson, Dank and the Weapon are now associated with their period of success. Have never hated the Cats. Essendon and Carlton by a street for mine.

Melbourne. This filth tried to take us over in what was called a merger at the time.

Sydney a close second.

Essendon and Geelong I love to hate - rivalries that are good for football

Back