Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Which coach do you most dislike?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott with Goodwin a close 2nd and gaining ground. Might well end up being Dimma - he's a bit of a campaigner, but he was our campaigner.

This Poll will be heavily skewed by Ports hatred of their own coach. Hinkley will win in a canter.
Cant say there are any I really detest, Brad Scott is a bit of a knob but he does provide very entertaining gifs.
I've always had a soft spot for North Melbourne, so I can't stand Brad Scott for killing the shinboner spirit, he would've been my second pick. But I had to go McRae for forcing Darcy Moore to laugh like an idiot when he leads his team onto the field, so cringe, and that's because of McRae.

Surprised that Chris Scott has that many votes, I'm no fan of Geelong, but to me, and I'll speak for everyone here, Chris Scott would be a coach we'd all like if he was coaching our teams.

Ross Lyon is a machine for turning footy players into potatoes.

I don't think he's a bad person, nothing against him as a human being but his teams are ugly and they don't play Aussie Rules.

Life ban is warranted.
I disagree. Ross Lyon is known to turn Potatoes into serviceable B grade or C grade players.

Players like Matt De Boer, Clancee Pearce and Nic Suban would never win brownlows or All Australian honours. they work hard as fringe or rotation players.

Haven't seen any topics about this before so thought it'd be interesting to ask especially considering the fact it's off season.
I'd suggest the most disliked coach would be a premiership coach who is a born winner, but opinions and results should be interesting.
I find almost all AFL coaches to be pretty much either really dislikable and/or complete flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always had a soft spot for North Melbourne, so I can't stand Brad Scott for killing the shinboner spirit, he would've been my second pick. But I had to go McRae for forcing Darcy Moore to laugh like an idiot when he leads his team onto the field, so cringe, and that's because of McRae.

Surprised that Chris Scott has that many votes, I'm no fan of Geelong, but to me, and I'll speak for everyone here, Chris Scott would be a coach we'd all like if he was coaching our teams.
2 from 2 dumb posts mate. May as well go for the trifecta

Hardwick

Loses the passion for coaching but miraculously re-discovers it mere months later. Lying campaigner!!!
10-12 years ago, You and I would of Said Mark Bomber Thompson.

Bomber Thompson coaches the cats from 2000-2010. Had a solid Run of contention from 2007-10. Winning flags in 2007 and 2009. Leaves at the end of 2010 AFL season in september sayng he was "burnt out". He was on $600-$700,000 a year in his final few years at the cats.

Goes to Essendon at November of 2010 as an assistant coach. Even though he was on $650,000 a year as an assistant coach, apparently he was on $900,000 a year.

10-12 years ago, You and I would of Said Mark Bomber Thompson.

Bomber Thompson coaches the cats from 2000-2010. Had a solid Run of contention from 2007-10. Winning flags in 2007 and 2009. Leaves at the end of 2010 AFL season in september sayng he was "burnt out". He was on $600-$700,000 a year in his final few years at the cats.

Goes to Essendon at November of 2010 as an assistant coach. Even though he was on $650,000 a year as an assistant coach, apparently he was on $900,000 a year.

Needed to supplement income for his "water business" :p

I disagree. Ross Lyon is known to turn Potatoes into serviceable B grade or C grade players.

Players like Matt De Boer, Clancee Pearce and Nic Suban would never win brownlows or All Australian honours. they work hard as fringe or rotation players.
Nah mate he boils em all down into a filthy glue.

Try telling that to Cats fans between 2016 and 2021. There weren't many of us left defending him, and let me tell you we were in the absolute trenches.

But in principal you're right. Strong advocate for the club, sticks to his guns (even if those guns are loving Dahlhaus and Ratugolea too much), and has a record 99% of coaches would sell their soul for.

Back