• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Port has a rich history of players who start their career at Port as outside players but develop into A Grade inside midfielders: Buckley, Bradley, R.James, P.Burgoyne, S.Burgoyne, etc

In recent years we have recruited a plethora of half quick backs and outside players when our greatest need is speed on the inside.

Who from our growing list of quick flankers, will become A-Grade inside mids capable of playing the vast majority of their game time in the guts? You have multiple votes and can change your votes.

Please, no “Ken can’t develop players“ comments because it’s untrue (Wines is a Brownlow medalist) and for another thread.

Port has a rich history of players who start their career at Port as outside players but develop into A Grade inside midfielders: Buckley, Bradley, R.James, P.Burgoyne, S.Burgoyne, etc
You lost me here.

R James outside? Lol wut.
P Burgoyne was a mid from day 1.
Buckley was a 16/17 year old against men but still a born mid.

Yes, we need to find the next '06 S Burgoyne, but these references are all wrong.

If anything we've clearly seen it demonstrated over time that this expecting a flanker to convert into a mid has really failed to work. That natural mid ability has been lacking and a huge weakness of ours for years.

We need Duursma and Rozee IMO to become gun centre square mids to avoid any drop away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got massive hopes for all of them... But Bergman I reckon will be a A grade midfielder big strong speed good skills reads the play well.

Butters duursma rozee Jones and Sinn all look incredible.

The only flakey flamker who has delivered in 100% of the finals games he has played in, is Bonner. And he's not even on the list.

Last edited:
Even you wouldn't suggest Bonner is a centre square midfielder

#bonnerforwing
Is Georgiades supposed to be in fhe centre? I just see it as a list of who is the messiah who is supposed to deliver us a flag. If Gray cant do it, none of the above are likely to do any better.

Only certain A grader mid fielder amongst that lot is Butters.
Rozee has heaps of work to do.
Durs has everything that is needed and I expect him to have eventually make it.
Bergman - too early to tell.
Amon has been a revelation in recent years. Can he take another step forward?
Sinn and Burgs - two very good pick ups
Burton, Jones, and the rest - nup.

Someone posted we gave up the equivalent of pick 2 for Sinn, so hopefully him.
When I read stuff like this it makes me think the points system is just like the classic bigfooty trade of throwing 7 fringe players at Chris Judd

Back