Opinion Which former Richmond players would be superstars if they played in the current team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if they would be superstars but there are Richmond players that I personally liked and felt sorry for being in a crap team, Trevor Poole and David Palm come to mind. Our defences were always under extreme pressure and I felt they did give their all.

With our handball chains and how we sometimes struggle to win clearances Craig Lambert would probably be a very valuable player.

Philip Egan would be great as a small forward, very mercurial and had something that our smalls lack, a Paul Puopolo Jeff Farmer like ability to take a spectacular mark for his size.

And if he could somehow avoid his head injuries Michael Mitchell would be an absolute star. Imagine him charging and bouncing down the MCG with our present game style. He'd be a goal of the week nomination practically every round. Out of all the players I have mentioned he would probably be the one that would most take the league by storm with this team.

OP made me giggle, pretty much listed a team worth of duds, which was actually the reason we were s**t when they were playing. We are successful now because our players are better than the ones in the OP.

The one player I'd probably agree with is Matt White, his strengths suit our game style at the moment and before he went to Port had turned into one of our better players week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back