Which team is closer to a flag: Richmond or North Melbourne?

Which team is closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue the Richmond coaching staff decision to not rest player like North, was a mistake and the game not a true reflection of exposed evidence given one side was fresh and the other not.

A "Mistake" that cost Richmond a final and their season? Heads should have rolled. Their getting soft down there in the Punt Rd boardroom.

Yes youre missing the question which is asking who is closer to a flag moving forward, not who has performed better in previous years.

If you think North based on their recent form then thats fine but you can make arguments for either side.

Neither side have the depth or talent to win a flag at the moment. If the choice is between the two i will go with the team that I think is superior in more areas. North.

he's probably sitting next to his hot looking wife

021115_JacobsLarge.jpg

Quite attractive, I agree.

One of my HS teachers had a saying, "It's later than you think". Most people (including the players themselves) over-estimate the amount of footy a player has left.

Daniel Jackson is a classic example, late bloomer who won a b&f and was gone 12 months later.
Even better example: in 2008 Richo is reinvented as a wingman and nearly wins the Brownlow. A few games into 2009 and his career is over.

I have a lot of respect for NM, but Petrie another year older, and they really still rely on Drew and Boomer a little too much.
Their MF is very even, perhaps too one-paced, but excellent in pressure games.
Somehow though, I really fear this will be the year the Tigers deliver, and win or lose, if they make the GF, would predict now a Dustin Martin NS. I really rate him, and as he is free to show his stuff, I think his season will be like SJ of 2007.
Cotchin, Martin, and Deledio are better than what was seen in the elim final, in fact they are as good as any trio of mids in the AFL. Now to prove it.

Cotchin, Martin, and Deledio are better than what was seen in the elim final, in fact they are as good as any trio of mids in the AFL. Now to prove it.
Well clearly their EF performance proved that they aren't as good as any trio of mids in the AFL. Cotchin in particular failed on the big stage.

Well clearly their EF performance proved that they aren't as good as any trio of mids in the AFL. Cotchin in particular failed on the big stage.
We shall see.
NM clearly has Richmond's measure, and ours for that matter.
But the sheer talent of C, M, & D is right up there. IF they can make it happen more consistently- remember they did finish above NM H & A-they will worry every MF in the comp.

We shall see.
NM clearly has Richmond's measure, and ours for that matter.
But the sheer talent of C, M, & D is right up there. IF they can make it happen more consistently- remember they did finish above NM H & A-they will worry every MF in the comp.
That they finished above us in the H&A in the end counted for naught, because in the heat of a cut throat final, their midfield couldn't get them the win.

That they finished above us in the H&A in the end counted for naught, because in the heat of a cut throat final, their midfield couldn't get them the win.
Correct.
Now 2016. I hope that continues. But I just have this feeling.

North as they have drafted and traded well to get a combination of young and old which could set themselves for a flag in the next couple years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recent history also says North are capable of winning in September and Richmond are not. In the absence of any evidence that the Tigers are going to improve more than North the Roos have to be above them. As for Hawthorn, well the same thing has been said about them since 2012. Banking on them not being able to carry on successfully in 2016 because "History says" is an unreliable assumption to say the least.

I'll admit to writing Hawthorn off after the QF. It's a fact that both sides are approaching the upper limit, age-wise, with which it's been possible to win football matches. Both clubs had finals sides in the oldest 0.002% of all VFL/AFL teams. Team changes this year are inevitable, and these are likely (but not guaranteed) to result in poorer performance.

The competition is ripe for a young side - be it GWS, the Bulldogs, or even Collingwood - to take a quantum leap forward in 2016. But at this stage, West Coast is a firm premiership favourite in my book.

How is this an argument? On all exposed evidence North are a better side than Richmond. We saw it last September. Richmond have bombed out in three straight finals series without a wimper. North have played in the last two prelims. Am I missing something?

This is spot on, this thread is created to attract nut cases from either supporter group. We will let you know soon enough if Richmond have made in roads.

I reckon Richmond is way closer to a flag ham North. Richmond is only a couple of suburbs from Hawthorn while North Melb is almost other side of town

Richmond. Most of their key players are at a good age and if some of the younger players can step up I think they are more of a chance. I'm not sure of their coach though and they need to work on their mental strength on the big stage.

I'll admit to writing Hawthorn off after the QF. It's a fact that both sides are approaching the upper limit, age-wise, with which it's been possible to win football matches. Both clubs had finals sides in the oldest 0.002% of all VFL/AFL teams. Team changes this year are inevitable, and these are likely (but not guaranteed) to result in poorer performance.

The competition is ripe for a young side - be it GWS, the Bulldogs, or even Collingwood - to take a quantum leap forward in 2016. But at this stage, West Coast is a firm premiership favourite in my book.

Have always respected your opinion champ. :)

North Melbourne EASILY!
North can win it this year or next.
Waite Brown and Petrie is a gun set up.
Midfielders galore and a developing defense. I think if NM work on defense they can win it.

Richmond FFS cant even win a final at the g.

This era of richmond is better than there previous BUT still not flag material. They just dont have the amount of guns or toughness when it matters. 5-9 team.

Things can change and we never know how a pre-season and some personal or tactic changes can make an amazing difference. BUT we havent seen any signs at all that this richmond team can be great. None.
Theyve shown they can be good. But great?? No.

I cant see it.

All mute points though because west coast are primed and should win the flag comfortably. Possibly next two.

You mean the guy who won a Brownlow medal? The award for the best and fairest of the comp?
It's an umpires award. Wayne Carey, who made your, and several other defenders look like school yard kids, never won one. Neither did Gary Ablett, Leigh Matthews or Ted Whitten or Ron Barassi.
And Deledio, the man who single handedly we win games off? A side that has finished in the finals 3 years in a row?
Proven!!
And done nothing against us for about 35? Anyway, Deledio is a fair player but pretty easily tagged.
Talk your s**t elsewhere.
I haven't talked any s**t. I've just highlighted a few truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back