FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

First 2 eps of The Haunting at Hill House. Great and surprisingly restrained on the horror (really more of a family drama so far). Usually don't like choppy timeframes but it works well here.

5 eps (about 5mins each) of an Australian kids cartoon show called Bluey whilst supervising a friends infant. Embarrassing to admit but I was disappointed to stop watching and am considering watching again such was its joy.
Bluey is brilliant. I love watching it with my daughter. Sadly I rarely get to as she loves Peter rabbit and it's not an argument worth having with a toddler.

Trigger Point
Ep 1 on Stan

Jed Mercurio sucking us in again!!!
Did not enjoy it at all.

No chemistry. Very little backstory of central characters. General techniques to keep the viewer engaged were too simple. Appeared as a nondescript formulaic tv show as opposed to something that generates wider appreciation.

I'm sure I'll watch the whole thing and I'll reserve my judgement, but one would hope it gets a lot better.

Did not enjoy it at all.

No chemistry. Very little backstory of central characters. General techniques to keep the viewer engaged were too simple. Appeared as a nondescript formulaic tv show as opposed to something that generates wider appreciation.

I'm sure I'll watch the whole thing and I'll reserve my judgement, but one would hope it gets a lot better.
Right

I just watched Trigger Point and thought it was ~ B- personally.

Acting wasn't particularly great (including from the main two who I'm assuming were supposed to be drawcards for ep1) and there seemed to be a few plot holes just to create tension from nothing/advance the story, but some of the moments of tension that were generated (particular in the last third of the episode) were pretty good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Superstore is a cracker. Only big thing I didn't like was the force feeding of Dina and Garrett, honestly felt like that was just something they decided on a whim even though there was a distinct lack of natural chemistry between them

t
Superstore.

I watched the first episode about 6 months back and didn't really like it but it kept popping up on my Netflix so I decided to give it another go and I'm really happy I did!

This show is GREAT!!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
thats exactly my experience. Glad i went back to it, Also happened with Schitts Creek

Channel surfing and stumbled across mates on a mission on chanel 7. Shane Jacobson, Todd Mckenney, Brian Taylor and some british bloke. They go different countries doing various challenges. They’re in Japan this episode preparing to participate in one of those weird Japanese game shows, pretty funny viewing. BT just got smacked in the face with a mackarel haha

Finally got around to starting What We Do in the Shadows. Disappointed in myself that I didn't start watching it sooner.

Get Back (Disney+) - Finished the 8hr+ Beatles doc. Incredible to see great creative minds figure stuff out, especially as an untalented music fanatic. Others without the same level of interest could find this long and tedious. I imagine this only fuels debate for why exactly the band broke up. Found the end interviews with street goers hilarious and the cops ruining the session infuriating. 9/10

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) - Also finished this horrorish mini series on family trauma. Ending was particularly poignant and made me sentimental. Not a show to watch if you want to be uplifted but well directed and acted. 8/10.

Going to watch the final season of Attack on Titan next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back