FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished Valley of Tears on Binge about the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Told from point of view of an Israeli tank crew and some soldiers at an outpost. Excellent.

Where do you think it ranks in terms of his shows

I still have Eastbound and Down at number 1

Mate it is a fantastic show

Watched all of the first series and am up to the last episode of the second series which I will watch tonight

But I must admit I am a Danny McBride fan. There are a few actors from his last show Vice Principles in this one
Yeah ended up watching it and loved it. 👍

Pachinko is a marvel. Beautifully shot, incredibly acted - Youn Yuh-jung should be in everything. Tells a sweeping story of a Korean family through multiple generations. The way they cut between the stories is as good as I've seen that particular artform being done, but also the most clear.

Between this, Severance and potentially the Gary Oldman led spy series Slow Horses (debuts today), Apple TV is kinda crushing it of late.

And seems like the best way to make a title sequence you can't skip is have the cast dance to a banger.

Severance is fantastic, probably my favourite show of the year so far and really looking forward to Slow Horses. Apple TV really bringing the goods lately.

Lots to look forward to this month, have been really enjoying Severance and Winning Time, looking forward to starting Slow Horses and then towards the end of April we have the last season of Better Call Saul, Part 2 of Ozark and the 2nd season of Barry. Don’t know where I’m gonna find the time 😩

The first episode of Moon Knight was interesting. It's Marvel but not the usual superhero genre. Oscar Isaac plays a mild mannered London museum worker who has blackouts and dreams where he has an alternate personality with powers. He has to fight an ancient Egyptian sect.

Just started the sixth and final series of The Americans. Probably my favourite show since The Wire.
Watched the last two episodes last night. Fantastic show.

Did not drop a beat its whole run, and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about a show with more than a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
Watched the last two episodes last night. Fantastic show.

Did not drop a beat its whole run, and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about a show with more than a couple of seasons.
Agree mostly but thought the biological weapon season was a little slow/set-upy.

Definitely cracks my top 10 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been starting out with Goliath, am a fan of Billy Bob Thornton but not sold on it at this stage.
This is a show that I really thought I'd like and I really wanted to like but I ended up really not liking it all. I could only manage about four episodes and I have absolutely no desire to watch any more. A real disappointment.

Just finished Severance. My favourite show so far this year. Just so satisfyingly strange.

We just watched the last episode. Was a great last episode and i will give the 2nd season a go (presume there is one). But FMD its a hard watch. A hell of a lot of nothing going on each episode.....'oh look, 25 mins of walking the halls'....then they throw in 5 minutes of really good, interesting bits to make you want to watch the next episode

Seems an eternity since season one, but all good things come to those who wait, and last night watched episode one/season two of Gentleman Jack, arguably the best show ever.
Every member of the cast are superb, with Suranne Jones giving an impeccable performance as the title character. Can't fault a single thing about this show.

I’ve been working through Seinfeld on Prime. First 4 seasons, having not really watched any since I was a kid.

What I’ve noticed:
  • Early episodes are pretty wooden but were still ok, slowly got better.
  • About halfway through S3 it really hit its straps.
  • S4 was excellent, all at the top of their game by this point.
  • Standout episodes were easily:
1. The Contest (Are you still master of your domain?) and
2. The Outing (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!). Both brilliant and in S4.
  • Newman first appears in S3 and George’s mum doesn’t appear til The Contest.
  • After so many years many of the pop culture references are COMPLETELY lost on me, even back then most Aussies wouldn’t know who half the people they joke about are.
  • It’s direction, studio audience and slapstick comedy is so old school. Feels really old at times but is still really funny.
  • Some things that were considered “rude” at the time (eg joking about lesbians) are cringey now but nothing too bad usually.
  • The outtakes that are available online are hilarious.

Onto to the next seasons..
So I finished it all this week. Worth the journey although I struggled for a while around seasons 7 and 8.

4 and 5 were the best seasons I thought.

The last season (9) was interesting. First ep was terrible but then for the most part the rest of the season was great. The characters became caricatures of themselves this season with some far fetched stupidity but it mostly worked.

The finale wasn’t received well at the time from memory but aside from them all becoming complete bimbos by this point it was a good way to wrap it all up I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back