FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave up on Mindhunter 5eps in. Good production but it was very formulaic. Horrible people think and act horribly wow. Just nothing there to enjoy.

Happy Valley though is off to a spectacular start though thanks Gasometer

The new take of Dead Ringers starring Rachel Weisz is as gnarly and ****ed and unpleasant (in a good way) as the Cronenberg film. Weisz playing twin gynecologists that are wrapped up in their co-dependency whilst trying to build a birthing center that pushes the boundaries of childbirth research. Multiple dinner scenes where you'll end up hating everyone on the table is a feature not a bug.

Also caught the first two episodes of Full Circle, the new Soderbergh directed miniseries. Absolutely gripped by the first two episodes, which basically covers the planned kidnapping of the grandson of a celebrity figure by a Guyanese crime family, headed up by old Shield favourite, CCH Pounder. Great cast, with a frenetic plot that compliments Soderberg's singular filmmaking style. The plot may end up being the sticking point, but so far I can hang with it even if the bigger picture as to why it's all happening is yet to be explored.

Blue Lights was memorable for me.
Watching Blue Lights now. Really enjoying it. I'm 5 episodes in of the 6.

Gerry nooooooo!

Police drama set in Northern Ireland. On SBS

What happened to the 1% club? Got pushed to Monday for one episode then disappeared?

Also what is it with all these reality survivor shows to FTA, especially 9. Not bothering with any of them…..

I really enjoyed the couple episodes I caught- thought it was a really clever game show....

If not for the annoying af host, which turned me right off it.

Re. the reality shows- they really are lackluster. Watched about 5 minutes of Rush, meh. The other one on 7, the one on the island was hopeless. Held my interest for about half an hour before I switched off.

Just finished first season of The Bear. Very good show with some excellent performances. Conveys really well the pressures of running an eatery. Looking forward to season 2

Been watching the Howard stern show.
Heaps of old eps have uploaded on YouTube.

Had Jon Cryer , Allen from 2 and a half men on there . He thought he was Demi Moore BF they were doing a movie together he asked her are we gf and bf ..she said no and they still had do the rest of the movie inc a love scene..lol.

Gave up on Mindhunter 5eps in. Good production but it was very formulaic. Horrible people think and act horribly wow. Just nothing there to enjoy.

Happy Valley though is off to a spectacular start though thanks Gasometer
I really recommend giving mindhunter another go. I thought the same about the first several episodes but something turns towards the end of season 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crowded Room starring Tom Holland and Amanda Seyfried. It's another US produced show where they drag it out to 10 episodes. Pretty much nothing happens between ep 2 and ep7.

Just finished s2 of The Bear. I didn’t but if you find the first half of eps a little slow stick with it …brilliant tv in second half incl some outstanding performances from guest appearances.

Just finished s2 of The Bear. I didn’t but if you find the first half of eps a little slow stick with it …brilliant tv in second half incl some outstanding performances from guest appearances.
Fishes and Forks is some of the best tv you will ever see. Just powerful, affecting, brilliant writing and performances too match, particulary Jamie Lee Curtis who gives the performance of her career, imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back