FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers and Frasier are classics and once more they're actually excellent!
I dont really agree but in any event its more that i just seriously doubt many people are sitting themsleves down to do a rewatch of a couple of 30 year old sitcoms.

Not shaming you mate, just saying youre a party of one i think.

I dont really agree but in any event its more that i just seriously doubt many people are sitting themsleves down to do a rewatch of a couple of 30 year old sitcoms.

Not shaming you mate, just saying youre a party of one i think.

I'll keep my marathons of Get Smart and I dream of Jeannie to myself then :p

Honestly they make more sense to me than this.
Can't agree on this, Cheers is a classic US sitcom and usually included in top 10 or 20 lists of all-time great sitcoms. Frasier as well, plus it had a reboot out recently that renewed interest. I ain't got no time for marathons of anything I've seen before, but Cheers and Frasier are much more revered than Get Smart or I Dream of Jeannie, albeit successful in their own right.

Can't agree on this, Cheers is a classic US sitcom and usually included in top 10 or 20 lists of all-time great sitcoms. Frasier as well, plus it had a reboot out recently that renewed interest. I ain't got no time for marathons of anything I've seen before, but Cheers and Frasier are much more revered than Get Smart or I Dream of Jeannie, albeit successful in their own right.
Yeah, anytime I happen to flick past and see Frasier on, I'll stop. The writing was first class.

I have many times over the years, I just forgot what the general opinion of each season was.
Hence my surprise at season 7 and above not being great.... but I thought 6 and 7 had some really great episodes!

I had a similar problem with Seinfeld. Season 1 to 7 was some of the best TV comedy we've seen. I watched a crappy episode at the start of season 8 and it was like I hit a brick wall. I'll get back into it.

I had a similar problem with Seinfeld. Season 1 to 7 was some of the best TV comedy we've seen. I watched a crappy episode at the start of season 8 and it was like I hit a brick wall. I'll get back into it.

My rewatch of Seinfeld late last year (original aim was to time the re-watch so I'd reach the Festivus episode at Christmas time... but I burned through the episodes faster that I finished the series way before Christmas lol). I was dreading starting it as I am not the biggest fan of season 2 for example... to the point where with one of my last re-watches I deliberately watched the series in reverse order starting at season 9.

Anyway I actually enjoyed the earlier episodes more than I usually do when I last watched it.

Anyone watching the Summit? Interesting concept for a reality show but don’t mind it. A little bit like SAS where people are tested to their physical and mental limit.

Finished Band of Brothers last night.

Just exceptional viewing. The scene where they discover the concentration camp was just heart breaking.

Thought the final episode was superb as well - capturing the Eagle Nest but also showing how many sadly died after the war had already been won. Crazy stuff.

On to The Pacific next. Going to be hard to top Band of Brothers though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Additionally making my way through the last season of The Crown with my better half.

Just watched the ep where Diana dies. Going over old territory but just such a tragic loss of life for absurd reasons.

I feel like the show was at its best in the early seasons. Seems to be a lot of liberties being taken in this newest season. The whole conversation in the hotel room before it happened - they have no idea what was said, should've just skipped that entirely.

Clarkson's Farm Season 1. I binged the whole season in one night last night after work. I can't remember the last time I did that.

It's fantastic. Absolute gem of a show.

I've watched all 12 episodes. It's a great show.

Apparently they have signed on for season 3 and 4.

I loved Line of Duty and this feels very similar. I also love the fact that it is set in Belfast with the undertone of the Troubles playing through.

ABC had a great special on David Stratton and Australian movies of the past 50 years. Another one next week at 9:30pm

Tonight brought back a flood of nostalgia watching these great Aussie films as a teenager

My Brilliant Career
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Mad Max
Croc Dundee

All the way through to Shine and Sampson and Delilah

So good to have lived and viewed these films as they came out

And he’s just the gentleman Stratton. Miss him and Margaret

Remove this Banner Ad

Back