Which way for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

says the muppet who's team was smacked twice in a year by said team lmfao!
So what, we copped plenty of beatings this year.

This thread is about next year. Gawn and a fully fit Grundy will wipe the floor with your boys on Queens Birthday.

Edit: Kings birthday? Whatever it is.

This thread is about next year. Gawn and a fully fit Grundy will wipe the floor with your boys on Queens Birthday.

I really don't like the fit of Gawn and Grundy together. Think it takes away from both of their strengths personally

lol she is dead u Muppet or didn't you notice ! Straights sets losers and he is predicting a result they haven't managed more than once or so in ten years LMFAO

and u are quite welcome to Grundy a dinosaur - will ensure your team returns to irrelevance in coming decade.

Turnaround mate, not a lead. 38 up points up against Essendoom and then 20 down, that’s a 58pt turnaround. Carlton 20 up to 23 down… that’s 43pts, Geelong was about the same… 30 up lost by 10 or so.

As I said kudos for winning a record amount of close games this year, it would have been great being a Pies supporter this year but it’s not sustainable.

You make it sound like winning games close is a bad thing. Id be more concerened in a team that cant rack up enough wins to have a crack at the flag in finals than a team who gets the W

Two premium paid rucks that cant play forward. I really can't see it working. Especially when your forward line is your weakest part of the ground

Last edited:
Do they make more progress, or was 2022 an anomaly with so many tight wins?

Some will say they're a young team and the only way is up, others will say the core is still there from 2018, and it may be a false dawn.

Either way, fantastic season for them

Fantastic season, however it should amount to being a dead cat bounce, nothing more.

Will be somewhere in the mid table next year.

I really don't like the fit of Gawn and Grundy together. Think it takes away from both of their strengths personally
Yeah I’m not confident of it working lol.
I reckon it could backfire massively for us, depends on the contract though. Whatever happens it’s probably a safe trade for your mob :(

Fantastic season, however it should amount to being a dead cat bounce, nothing more.

Will be somewhere in the mid table next year.
I’m so confused by these types of predictions.

Was last year the outlier for Collingwood or was it this year?

Pies have been in the top 8 for all but one of the last 5 seasons and 3 of them in the top 4.

Yeah I’m not confident of it working lol.
I reckon it could backfire massively for us, depends on the contract though. Whatever happens it’s probably a safe trade for your mob :(
Nah, knowing our luck Grundy will suddenly learn how to mark and you'll have two Darren Jolly's running around kicking 25+ goals with great ruckwork.

Whats mid table ? 7-11 ?

Yeah in that 7-13 bracket for me.

I’m so confused by these types of predictions.

Was last year the outlier for Collingwood or was it this year?

Pies have been in the top 8 for all but one of the last 5 seasons and 3 of them in the top 4.

At this point, both are outliers. It's shown that the Pies underperformed badly compared to their list in 2021. That said, it's understandably bad seeing the club had a bit of turmoil around it. This year they 180'd. After all, 4th with the 10th best percentage in the league and an unsustainable amount of close wins indicates that this was a significant overperformance.

At this point, both are outliers. It's shown that the Pies underperformed badly compared to their list in 2021. That said, it's understandably bad seeing the club had a bit of turmoil around it. This year they 180'd. After all, 4th with the 10th best percentage in the league and an unsustainable amount of close wins indicates that this was a significant overperformance.

Percentage isnt really relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being a smartarse, but the other thing I hear often on BF that also confuses me is ‘overperformed’.

You can perform, and you can underperform, but how do you overperform?

It’s like when people say, “I gave 110%!” - it doesn’t make sense! 😂

Not being a smartarse, but the other thing I hear often on BF that also confuses me is ‘overperformed’.

You can perform, and you can underperform, but how do you overperform?

It’s like when people say, “I gave 110%!” - it doesn’t make sense! 😂

Love the old , they only win closes ones. Probably means we also dont get belted

You make it sound like winning games close is a bad thing. Id be more concerened in a team that cant rack up enough wins to have a crack at the flag in finals than a team who gets the W
You obviously didn’t read the bit where I said it would have been exciting being a Collingwood fan this year.

Also, last time I checked… you’re not having a crack at the flag… Geelong and Sydney are.

There it is again. Sustainable has become the football critic's favourite word

You obviously didn’t read the bit where I said it would have been exciting being a Collingwood fan this year.

Also, last time I checked… you’re not having a crack at the flag… Geelong and Sydney are.
Yeah, neither are Carlton.

Despite their multiple Coleman Medallists, All-Australians and Brownlow Medallist.

Suspect their team has peaked at 9th.
That is at least sustainable.

This is pretty laughable even by your standards Fadge.
Why? I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with him on what you’ve highlighted but winning multiple AAs, a Brownlow and a Coleman wasn’t enough for finals. It ain’t going to get better than that without your bottom 6 lifting. Your bottom 6 has notoriously been your problem for the better part of 20 years now.

Why? I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with him on what you’ve highlighted but winning multiple AAs, a Brownlow and a Coleman wasn’t enough for finals. It ain’t going to get better than that without your bottom 6 lifting. Your bottom 6 has notoriously been your problem for the better part of 20 years now.

20 years? How boring

Our bottom 6 was greatly effected by the number of injuries across the season, more than any side in the top 10

Now, we still have injury prone types, but we also had players missing, that normally haven't

Our list is still young, when you consider we had the least number of players in the 28+ age range

Fadge stating we have peaked at 9th is just another poor troll

I think a better question is why would we have peaked? Go through our list demographic and tell me why we wouldn't be expected to improve? Least over 28s in the competition and a young crop of stars who are just entering their primes or will be within the next couple of years.

Our bottom 6 is slowly being shifted out and replaced with better options or more talented youngsters and if not for the worst injury list in the AFL we wouldn't have had to revert back to some of the plodders who have been notoriously poor for 4-5 years now anywhere near as much as we did this season. In fact after our delistings this season there's actually not too many of them left.

I think a better question is why would we have peaked? Go through our list demographic and tell me why we wouldn't be expected to improve? Least over 28s in the competition and a young crop of stars who are just entering their primes or will be within the next couple of years.

Our bottom 6 is slowly being shifted out and replaced with better options or more talented youngsters and if not for the worst injury list in the AFL we wouldn't have had to revert back to some of the plodders who have been notoriously poor for 4-5 years now anywhere near as much as we did this season. In fact after our delistings this season there's actually not too many of them left.

Proof is this season you cant win those close games. Until you start winning those i think finals is off the cards for next year at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back