Which way for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I’m wrong about the 20 year remark. How is it ‘boring’? Your best result is 1 finals in 2 of those 20 seasons.

20 years ago has nothing to do with today or what a side is capable of moving forward

Injuries or not, your bottom 6 is not upto it right now - you’ll even get some Carlton supporters telling you that.

Yes, but injuries impacts the quality of the players you utilise as the bottom 6

Mentioning the age profile of your list has absolutely nothing to do with that because your better young players are already in that 22.

It's not just based on one age demographic, we had the younger side 17 of 22 games this year

For a team so heavily reliant on their top 9 who played 89% of all games (which is slightly above the average of the five contenders), with career best seasons from Cripps, Curnow and Saad, rational thinking indicates otherwise.

They lost Hewitt Cerra and Kennedy all together I doubt you think Collingwood would have won games without Adams Crisp and Lipinski all missing.

And how exactly do you solve that issue? Experience. So we need more games into our young players...

I'm not really seeing any reasons for the 'peaked' argument here??

I think itll be a baptism of fire if you reach finals , wont be able to keep up with the pressure of finals football. We saw that in your last 3 to 4 rounds and that was home and away. Concerning

They lost Hewitt Cerra and Kennedy all together I doubt you think Collingwood would have won games without Adams Crisp and Lipinski all missing.

Probably says they are too reliant on too few. Exposing depth.

Kennedy coming in isnt really a big improvement to the team either. Plays a similar role to Cripps. But more like the reject shop version

Just like we saw with Melbourne in Finals with Petraccas injury, if you lose Brayshaw and Jackson, think you will be back in the middle of the pack comfortably next season.

Probably says they are too reliant on too few. Exposing depth.

Kennedy coming in isnt really a big improvement to the team either. Plays a similar role to Cripps. But more like the reject shop version

Just like we saw with Melbourne in Finals with Petraccas injury, if you lose Brayshaw and Jackson, think you will be back in the middle of the pack comfortably next season.

I’m sure Poulter McRae and the Brown brothers would have carried you deep.

Carmichel stepped in when required, Elliott moved into the midfield when required and we plugged up forward

Relying on strict one position players and complaining they are injured isnt really a viable arguement , do better

Ridiculous argument. The Blues were flying with those three playing huge roles. To suggest any team can cover three starting mids is ridiculous.

To miss finals with the Brownlow and Coleman medallists plus last year's Coleman medallist is a first, no excuses.

They're just a bunch of individuals with zero on-field leadership.

Pretty bang on, i dont see where the improvement comes from.

Apparently we wont cope when Pendles , Sidey , Adams retire and they are our " best players" according to everyone. We actually had others players covering them even whilst on the field. Amusing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are unreal. Take pot shots all year at us and still continue today in various Carlton threads in a similar fashion to what No.37 is giving to you now and you cry to the heavens.

Try being a Carlton supporter and copping Fadge the troll just bait and offer nothing but vitriol in literally every Carlton thread on here while you guys all stack up the likes and laugh away in support of him.

Shoe goes on the other foot in a lone solitary thread and you all spit the dummy.

Pathetic really.
Pathetic is how much you reference and talk about Fadge, you talk about him more than you talk about footy.

Put him on ignore if he’s making your life so miserable.

Rarely has a player dined out on a single performance more than he.
Rarely has a player lived so rent free in an opposition support base’s head.

All you see is Prelim 18. He has had plenty of other great games, but Prelim 18 is all Richmond supporters see in the last 5 years outside winning 3 flags.

Rarely has a player lived so rent free in an opposition support base’s head.

All you see is Prelim 18. He has had plenty of other great games, but Prelim 18 is all Richmond supporters see in the last 5 years outside winning 3 flags.
No doubt I was salty about Cox on the day.

But what made me way saltier was bloody Sidebottom being allowed to just stroll up and down the wing all day unoppossed. Still gives me nightmares. I think he had something like 40 odd touches.

Not some of Hardwicks best work.

No doubt I was salty about Clx on the day.

But what made me way saltier was bloody Sidebottom being allowed to just stroll up and down the wing all day unoppossed. Still gives my nightmare. I think he had something like 40 odd touches.

Not some of Hardwicks best work.
Hardwick fell for the age-old trap of going in with underdone players. Martin wasn't fit and Astbury had been sick all week. Did it again this year taking Martin into that elim.

Hardwick fell for the age-old trap of going in with underdone players. Martin wasn't fit and Astbury had been sick all week. Did it again this year taking Martin into that elim.
Red flags for me this week seeing Holmes and Reid named.

Can see it biting one of these teams on the arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back