Opinion Who are the League's most UNDERRATED Players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob Weitering from my club. Has grown into an absolute class defender. Great Hands and great kick.
Just likes to about his business with minimum fanfare though. Current B & F, but he'd be happy with Walsh & McKay getting all of the attention.

He is not underrated imo.

Everyone with a half a football brain (esp the media) have know come to acknowledge he is now the Premier Key Position Defender in the game)

Yep.
Ellis is a really prudent signing for the Suns. Will grow with their list.

Ellis and Butler at the Blues would have improved their side significantly. Shame they didn’t end up pulling the trigger. Good for the Suns and Saints though.

Newnes has proven to be a decent signing for Carlton and on far less money than Blandon Ellis

Touk Miller, Darcy Gardiner, Cam Guthrie, Oliver Florent, Jarryd Lyons and Nick Haynes.
Florent is an interesting one. I believe they love him internally, and he's starting to show consistency to go along with the peaks. Tends to take on the tackler too much and with his light (very generous) 80kg frame, it gets him in trouble. But he and Mills should lead what's looking a very strong Swans midfield into the next decade.
Sexton can't get a game at the suns, not sure why he be their captain.
More underrated internally than externally I guess!

Sam Docherty for the Blues.

From another team: Huge Greenwood.
Is Docherty really underrated? Pretty much everyone rates him as a very good half back flanker.

Will Snelling for us (often from our own fans).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean you just proved my point lol.

He was an AA-calibre player who got struck down by serious knee injuries and cancer.

People have forgotten him.
Don't even understand your point to begin with. Saying people have forgotten how good he was? Maybe, but not the point of this particular thread.
No doubt he was better than now but this is about now. He is a good ball user out of defence kind of player first before actual defender, and a co-captain of a club that is getting criticism for its lack of defensive awareness and setup.
Deserves as much accountability as Cripps is getting week in week out but doesn't.

Who doesn’t rate Oliver? Top ten player in the comp who is probably placing in the Brownlow (and potentially leading it).
Currently paying $17 on Sportsbet but that’s only because Racca is favourite at $4.50

But agree Oliver is most definitely not underrated

Currently paying $17 on Sportsbet but that’s only because Racca is favourite at $4.50

But agree Oliver is most definitely not underrated
I’m with the coaches. I reckon Oliver has been better than Petracca this season. He’d be up to it in his eyeballs.

Do they have odds for who is leading right now?

I’m with the coaches. I reckon Oliver has been better than Petracca this season. He’d be up to it in his eyeballs.

Do they have odds for who is leading right now?
I guess it just depends on the umpires
Oliver is the bloke that wins the hard balls so Perracca can play on the outside in some more space and do the sexy stuff

I guess the same could of been said for Cotchin and Dusty in 17 but it’s generally the ones who kick the goals or make that clearance kick that gets the votes at the end of the night but it’s often due to the hard work of the guys around them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back