NFL Who Do You Think is the Best Receiver in the NFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speed- Steve Smith
Nous- Reggie Wayne
Hands- Larry Fitzgerald
Deep- Randy Moss
Slot- Anquan Boldin

BUT... All- round- Andre Johnson

Essentially, Andre Johnson might not be the very best in each individual facet of wide- reciever play, but of the current fleet of elite wide recievers he, in my honest opinion, stands as the only one who could challenge for supremecy (i.e he is essentially the next best) in ALL these areas, thus I would select him for his consistent strength across the board.

I went Randy Moss. Has had 1,000 yards receiving in every year he's played 16 games. Has had Culpepper & Brady throwing to him, but I dont think having a good QB should count against you.

The only reason I elevated him above Johnson & Fitzgerald was because I'd like to see Johnson score a few more TDs (granted bad QBs), and Fitzgerald probably needs to put in 2 or 3 more decent years to be where Randy Moss is. IMO.

If you've got David Carr and that horrendous Texans team all up from when Andre first entered the NFL all the way thru to basically now, and you do what he does etc, you are #1 in my book.
Hey Carr was okay... It was that Oline I SWAR!!! :p

Carr was an adequate QB, it was just the worst place to be signed for obvious reasons...

If you've got David Carr and that horrendous Texans team all up from when Andre first entered the NFL all the way thru to basically now, and you do what he does etc, you are #1 in my book.

Thats fine, thats why the title of the thread is: Who do YOU think is the best receiver in the NFL?

I see you point on the Moss > Fitz argument nappies, but the argument isn't who has had a better career but who is the best reciever (presumably at present).

And gg: Yes it sucks to have David Carr as your QB with that O-Line @ Houston for them years but then you have to give the same argument for Fitz before this season as well IMO.
Yes he has had Kurt Warner to throw him the ball but before this season that has meant bugger all cos Kurt hasn't been able to A: Stay off the grass and B: Stay on the field.

Fitz's Qb's have been:
Josh McCown - 19 games
Shaun King - 2 games
John Navarre - 1 game
Kurt Warner - 41 games
Tim Rattay - 1 game
Matt Leinart - 16 games

Besides Warner its not a whose who of QB's and he has only had the "real Warner for one season.

But Wizard you also have take this into account, how good has the quality of the #2 and #3 WR's have been in Houston compared to Arizona. It's not just the standard of quarterbacking to be considered by the quality of WR opposite the star WR in question.

Can you name a decent #2 or #3 Andre Johnson has had in his time at Houston? Compare this to Fitz, who has had Anquan Boldin as his #1a/2WR and either Steve Breaston (of late) and Bryant Johnson as the quality #3WR. This quality on the other side helps spread the field and lessen the prevelance of double teams the #1 will see.

I love Fitz and his playoff run was one of the most memorable for a WR in recent memory, but Andre Johnson has been doing it tough against double teams year after year and still keeps producing.

I see you point on the Moss > Fitz argument nappies, but the argument isn't who has had a better career but who is the best reciever (presumably at present).

Granted Wizard.

Though, I'd argue, what is 'at present'?

Randy Moss had arguably one of the greatest single seasons in 2007 and I'd still deem that as 'present' for evaluating this category. He produced for the Pats last year even with their second string QB playing all 16 games & the team ranked 6th in rushing yards.

Yes, you can say Moss has had Brady throwing him the ball (in 07 anyway) but the better QBs also have the ability to find more receivers and not just throw to their #1 guy all the time. Remember, Welker had 100 catches in 07 as well (and 08).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back