Opinion Who don't you see playing in our next premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From the prelim this would be my list

Boak
Gray
Dixon
Jonas
McKenzie
DBJ
Motlop
Bonner (I know he played ok but I don't rate his body of work)

There's probably more to be truthful imo but when do you pull the trigger?

Jason Castagna and Nathan Broad are three time premiership players. This thread is ******* stupid.

Jason Castagna and Nathan Broad are three time premiership players. This thread is ******* stupid.
You are arguing the wrong point when half the blokes I've mentioned are aging top enders in our side that have been to the well numerous times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are arguing the wrong point when half the blokes I've mentioned are aging top enders in our side that have been to the well numerous times.

Well that isn't clear because you've made a list that combines flakey players that are borderline best 22 with guys that are excellent players but nearing retirement.
Age and talent are two separate issues.

Well that isn't clear because you've made a list that combines flakey players that are borderline best 22 with guys that are excellent players but nearing retirement.
Age and talent are two separate issues.
Six of the 8 are regulars. McKenzie took over from Clurey didn't look back & even Bonner is a semi regular.

It's about players that wont get it done it's not a slight on the careers of Boak & Gray.

Six of the 8 are regulars. McKenzie took over from Clurey didn't look back & even Bonner is a semi regular.

It's about players that wont get it done it's not a slight on the careers of Boak & Gray.

I'm not seeing how this is any different from the list management thread then.

You keep saying this like it means something. It really doesn't.

Again, swap any one of the 8 players in your OP for Jake Bowey or Charlie Spargo and do you think Melbourne don't win the flag last night?

You have a problem with anything I post in general so to be expected.
I like the thread, looking forward, making assesments and not blaming.
tommy jonas for me is interesting re future.
Vines has matured and could be captain next year?
Pepper has a big question mark, sort of surprised not in ladhams category.
gray and boak for age obvious + motlop.
make this a football thread not a blaming thread
be constructive teekray

You keep saying this like it means something. It really doesn't.

Again, swap any one of the 8 players in your OP for Jake Bowey or Charlie Spargo and do you think Melbourne don't win the flag last night?
This is ridiculous logic because it doesn't relate to our team.

This is ridiculous logic because it doesn't relate to our team.

So what are you actually arguing here?

That these guys aren't good enough to play in a premiership team? I can only assume not, because if you think Travis Boak isn't good enough to play in a premiership team considering some of the duds who became premiership players last night you're delusional. That they're too old to play in a premiership? Okay, so then why are DBJ and Bonner on the list? That the team in general isn't good enough to win a premiership? You're probably right there, but if that's your argument why are you singling out 8 players?

This thread is just an illogical vent with no real purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back