• Marc McGowan

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Scamper the Cat

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One from left field - Jared Schofield?

Highly touted with Subiaco and has won multiple premierships as a player and coach.
Apparently has the balls to make the tough decisions with players being out of form.

Brought up in the ‘old school’ era yet is young enough to understand the mindset of todays generation..

Apologies if his name has been thrown out before.
Yep have thrown it out before and been told by a port guy not a bloody chance. He is a bloody legend in Perth, tough, uncompromising coach that takes no crap. The players love him, Ask Kyron, he has known him for a few years and he helped get him through his long period of injury. Told him to get of his arse and get in the gym, gave him heaps of support. Coached Subiaco league and ressies to multiple premierships. He would go through this list with a sub machine gun, but Port won't let him go.

Yep have thrown it out before and been told by a port guy not a bloody chance. He is a bloody legend in Perth, tough, uncompromising coach that takes no crap. The players love him, Ask Kyron, he has known him for a few years and he helped get him through his long period of injury. Told him to get of his arse and get in the gym, gave him heaps of support. Coached Subiaco league and ressies to multiple premierships. He would go through this list with a sub machine gun, but Port won't let him go.

Isn't there an agreement between the clubs that if a guy has the chance at a senior coaching role they won't block them using contracts? It would be up to Schofield.

Sounds like the sort of CV we should take a very close look at. Has successfully coached his own team and spent time in a decent AFL club system.
And his son is in the draft soon and he's not to shabby either. Get the kid and dad may follow

Being bombarded with election fake news for the last couple of weeks. I subconsciously viewed this with caution and dismissed it as propoganda.

Having shifted thoughts and coming back to reality.

I actually can not believe those words came out of his mouth.

It must be happening now

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

His AFL coaching experience is light but his WAFL coaching record is exceptional. He has also played in an AFL premiership and three in the WAFL. That is a track record of success.

Surprised it took as long as it did to get him in the AFL system as an assistant.
He was looked after very well at Subiaco

A friend told me earlier tonight that he'd heard word that Rhys Shaw might soon be announced as coach. Might make sense as an interim coach while the Board looks for a permanent appointment at the end of the season. Shaw won the assistant coach of the year two years running before coming to North. Much like many of our players seems to have gone backwards under Brad. Might thrive in charge and with Brad gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend told me earlier tonight that he'd heard word that Rhys Shaw might soon be announced as coach. Might make sense as an interim coach while the Board looks for a permanent appointment at the end of the season. Shaw won the assistant coach of the year two years running before coming to North. Much like many of our players seems to have gone backwards under Brad. Might thrive in charge and with Brad gone.
No issue with him being caretaker after the bye

The rookie credits much of his recent development to new assistant coach Rhyce Shaw, who he says has been forthright in feedback.

“Shawy’s been really good for me,” Murphy said.

“Earlier in the year, I had some things to work on and he was pretty straight forward and assertive with what he wanted me to do. Now I feel like my leadership, direction and knowledge of structures has gone through the roof.” -
Tom Murphy

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-05-23/murphys-big-picture-view

The rookie credits much of his recent development to new assistant coach Rhyce Shaw, who he says has been forthright in feedback.

“Shawy’s been really good for me,” Murphy said.

“Earlier in the year, I had some things to work on and he was pretty straight forward and assertive with what he wanted me to do. Now I feel like my leadership, direction and knowledge of structures has gone through the roof.” - Tom Murphy

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-05-23/murphys-big-picture-view
My boy 👍

So our senior coach was on a committee that reviewed the introduction of a new rule, the 6-6-6 rule. But our senior coach has now stated that we weren't prepared for the introduction of this new rule, and it has killed our club, but its good for football!

And this f*** is still the senior coach on a reported $700,000 for the next 2-years!

Last edited by a moderator:
So our senior coach was on a committee that reviewed the introduction of a new rule, the 6-6-6 rule. But our senior coach has now stated that we weren't prepared for the introduction of this new rule, and it has killed our club, but its good for football!

And this f*** is still the senior coach on a reported $700,000 for the next 2-years!
im perplexed, bewildered, dumbfounded, confused, irate, miffed, mystified and totally bemused by Scotts comments

Last edited by a moderator:
The steepling of the thumbs and eye movements are dominance traits, combined with a look of disdain.

IMO, it doesn't bode well for someone.

When I saw that on the telly the other night I was thinking the body language looked like someone's days are numbered.

Back