LongBomb

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good bloke
I think I just thawed out.

That was pretty hard core out there today. 6 degrees and horizontal rain.

Probably the worst conditions I've watched a game in since the Geel v North torrential downpour a couple of seasons ago.

Warms the bones to come away with a 50 pt win though! Go catters.

Yes I was there and I loved every minute of it! I had about 2 inches of water in the bottom of my shoes and I discovered that my coat wasn't water proof but it was all worth it. Great hard fought win by the boys, they played about 20 times better than they did last week.... GO CATTERS!

Well no, technically I sat in the rain. LongBomb i remember that game against north a few years ago. Easily the worst weather i've sat in ata footy game...and we lost!!!!! Last year we played a game at the G against Melbourne and that was pretty bad too.

But a 50 pt win in those conditions makes it all disappear.

Sat through it.

Loved it.

Gave Sando a pat on the back when he crashed into the fence in the erm... second quarter, i think.

Yep...well sat in the rain. I was in the Cheer Squad in the Hickey Stand!! Looking back, cant believe I sat through those conditions!! The heater in the Lamby's Marquee was my best friend at the breaks, until it went out!!

A great effort by everyone who attended today!!

Took me a good few hours to thaw out. Seriously, the wettest and coldest day I've been at the footy before! But hey, I would do it all over again to see us play.

I had to laugh at some of the guys in the crowd around us.

A few of them looked like their wives hadn't told them to take a jacket. They were standing there shivering wearing soaking wet jumpers.

By the end of the game there were definately a few hypothermia cases!

yep i was one of those many idiots! like everyone else the rain went through every single piece of clothing i wore but it was worth every freezing second! heard an interview with a few different players and they said they were proud to see they had such loyal fans who would still watch them in that kind of weather....it was bloody hard sitting there for almost 5 hours straight of rain but i wouldnt have missed that match for anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back