Who will finish higher - Brisbane, Carlton or GC?

Who will finish the highest in 2017?

• Brisbane

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 78 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
The massive question on everyone's mind coming into 2017 is who will finish the highest out of these 3 clubs? The numbers in brackets are my ladder predictions.

Brisbane (18) - In full rebuild mode and the youngest club. Are most people's choice for wooden spooners given their last 3 years. However could surprise with a new coach and will always sneak a few wins at the Gabba.

Carlton (17) - Only the most optimistic of Blues fans would expect their side to finish outside the bottom 3 given their right at the beginning of a re-build and their leading goal kicker last year was Matt Wright. However they were 6-5 mid season and were very commendable against quality sides such as Sydney, West Coast and Hawthorn late in the year.

Gold Coast (16)- Clearly the most talented side of the 3 but have clearly been unable to deal with injuries and off field issues the last 2 years. Could easily finish much higher than bottom 3 but have yet to prove they can step up aganst adversity.

Gold coast..on paper
Carlton will be worse next season,getting all of the giants rejects won't help in the short or long term
Brissie..well I think they should improve,liked their drafting this year

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think Gold Coast have the most talent of the three quite comfortably. Provided they don't get a catastrophic run with injuries like last season I can see them being a pretty decent side next season.

Odd thread
Qld teams and Carlton. I dont know would hope for their supporter all three improve and can sèe it hapoening. GC are are an enigma, and clearly the most upside to me. Carlton the best coach and I want see our exes do well. I remember when they were arrogant flogs, with some justification. Lions I dont know much about.

Gold Coast easily. Ravaged by injuries the past two years, a fit Ablett and most of their first 22 being fit will result in instantly challenging for finals. Lots of talent on every line, just has to click.

Brisbane has a lot of great talent and fagan could be a beveridge for them.

Bolton is a good coach and looking just at the draft position of Carlton players they should be the highest rated.

GC have the talent but I'm not sold on rocket at this stage

Gold Coast should finish higher out of those three.
Brisbane could improve on last year maybe but you wouldn't expect to much.
Carlton are a complete rabble,they'll go backwards for sure. Have no idea what the obsession with the GWS rejects is but we can see already what's happening with their bizarre recruiting. Each rear they are delististing list cloggers but the list clogger list doesn't seem to be shrinking all that quickly. They must have moved on close to 30 players and they still have over a dozen complete spuds.

If they all had similar injury runs (in particular not too many), Gold Coast by a long way.

Brisbane and Carlton are the two teams who are still deep in rebuilding mode and likely to field very young teams most of the time and are, no surprise, both clear last and 2nd last in all the 2017 betting. I reckon they're probably the only teams who wouldn't really even be thinking about the possibility of making finals next year, whereas Gold Coast would probably give themselves a sneaky chance, if enough went right.

Suns should easily finish above the blues then brisbane but were a long way out from kick off and key injuries can be devastating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast by a country mile, if their midfield stays fit and gets the ball forward for Lynch and Wright often enough they will kick some big scores at home

May Thompson Wright and Lynch is as good a KPP back and forward line as any

Carlton still have a horrible midfield and forward line and Brisbane has a strong midfield but a lack of KPP experience

Gold Coast should finish higher out of those three.
Brisbane could improve on last year maybe but you wouldn't expect to much.
Carlton are a complete rabble,they'll go backwards for sure. Have no idea what the obsession with the GWS rejects is but we can see already what's happening with their bizarre recruiting. Each rear they are delististing list cloggers but the list clogger list doesn't seem to be shrinking all that quickly. They must have moved on close to 30 players and they still have over a dozen complete spuds.

LOL
GWS wanted to hang onto Marchbank for sure. He was seen as a key part of their defence. Pickett could be anything had he not had injuries over the first couple of seasons. Palmer cost us nothing. Plowman and Sumner came off no preseason 12 months ago and they slowly got better as the year went on, particularly Plowman. Phillips and Lamb were the steak knives 12 months ago and both showed some good signs last year.

The trade that has hurt us badly was trading for Jaksch. We were warned about his issues yet still paid top dollar for him.

Our list was terrible before Silvagni arrived and we can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Gold Coast for mine. They should be making the finals with the midfield they can field and the quality of their spine.
Carlton and Brisbane have a lot more development of youngsters into their first and second years before they can expect much improvement on ladder. Although in theory if Dayne Beams, Rockliff, Zorko, Christensen, Rich, Robinson and Bell all played a lot more game together they could surprise a few people how many wins they get in 2017. The real issue is younger types like Lewis Taylor and Sam Mayes really have to have breakout seasons to help guys like Rockliff not have so much on his shoulders. Biggest issue for Lions is their spine is still so young ,even if midfield fires the big tall bodies just not there to take games by scruff of neck yet.

Honestly can see the Baggers taking home the spoon. Lions will surprise a few I think especially with Beams back in action. Fagan has been focusing a lot on team defence and also improving our back 6 so I don't think we will be getting an average of 130 points scored against us every week. Blues have the worst points for out of the 3 comfortably as well.

~10th Suns
17th Lions
18th Blues

Although in theory if Dayne Beams, Rockliff, Zorko, Christensen, Rich, Robinson and Bell all played a lot more game together they could surprise a few people how many wins they get in 2017.
It's a good point this one. Given how games are usually won and lost in the midfield, if they did have most or all of this group together for a long period (especially from the start of the year, so they can gain some confidence) they could win a decent number of games, in particular because they have a genuine home ground advantage every 2nd week.

Back