Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a period of time when Luke McPharlin was simultaneously not considered in the top two hundred players at champion data and the first defender listed by playing key forwards for least preferred matchup.

Typical Bastardization from Champion data.

Almost as hilarious as people tipping Freo for the spoon on the 2019 Predictions thread and there Is a lot of Bastardization on that thread too.

Typical Bastardization from Champion data.

Almost as hilarious as people tipping Freo for the spoon on the 2019 Predictions thread and there Is a lot of Bastardization on that thread too.
Can't say I've seen anyone saying that. Seems like every prediction is Carlton or Gold Coast for the spoon, with a sprinkle of Saints thrown in. Freo more likely to reach finals than to get a spoon in 2019 imo

Can't say I've seen anyone saying that. Seems like every prediction is Carlton or Gold Coast for the spoon, with a sprinkle of Saints thrown in. Freo more likely to reach finals than to get a spoon in 2019 imo
You haven't seen the 2019 ladder predictions thread.

Bigfooty bastardization at its best.

Did any of the teams have our injury list? Honest question, I don’t follow injury lists that closely.

Last year we had:
Nat Fyfe played 15 games
Brad Hill 10 games
Michael Walters 18 games (about half hampered by injury)
Joel Hamling 18 games
Aaron Sandilands 11 games
Connor Blakeley 13 games
Stephen Hill 13 games
Sam Switkowski 2 games
Griffin Logue 0 games
Harley Bennell 0 games
Sean Darcy 7 games
Matt Taberner 8 games
Andrew Brayshaw 17 games
Taylin Duman 10 games

We had good number of games (19+) returned from Mundy, Wilson, A.Pearce, L.Ryan, Cerra, Banfield. To only have 6, with two being 1st year players is quite extraordinary.

Throw in Lobb, Hogan, Conca and Colyer all on 0 games for Fremantle, 3 of which have completed all of preseason. It’s hard to see us going backwards. Just need a bit of luck on the injury front.

Saints probably lagging behind the others in the poll because they simply don't have a lot of talent on their list despite almost a decade of rebuilding. Looking at the blokes under 23 makes for particularly grim reading.

When you're relying on a cooked Hannebery for improvement you know you're in some strife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did any of the teams have our injury list? Honest question, I don’t follow injury lists that closely.

Last year we had:
Nat Fyfe played 15 games
Brad Hill 10 games
Joel Hamling 18 games
Connor Blakeley 13 games
Stephen Hill 13 games
Sam Switkowski 2 games
Griffin Logue 0 games
Harley Bennell 0 games
Sean Darcy 7 games
Matt Taberner 8 games
Andrew Brayshaw 17 games
Taylin Duman 10 games

We had good number of games (19+) returned from Mundy, Wilson, A.Pearce, L.Ryan, Cerra, Banfield. To only have 6, with two being 1st year players is quite extraordinary.

Throw in Lobb, Hogan, Conca and Colyer all on 0 games for Fremantle, 3 of which have completed all of preseason. It’s hard to see us going backwards. Just need a bit of luck on the injury front.

Picken played 0 games
Libba 1
Adams 6
Dickson 8
Dale 10
Morris 11
Suckling 11
Boyd 12
Wood 12
Schache 13
Williams 14
Crozier 17
Dahlhaus 17
Naughton 18
Cordy 18
Wallis 18

Also had fringe players like Roarke Smith, Clay Smith, Redpath, Lynch, Jong, Roughead, English etc out for significant periods

Last year we had:
Nat Fyfe played 15 games
Brad Hill 10 games
Joel Hamling 18 games
Connor Blakeley 13 games
Stephen Hill 13 games
Sam Switkowski 2 games
Griffin Logue 0 games
Harley Bennell 0 games
Sean Darcy 7 games
Matt Taberner 8 games
Andrew Brayshaw 17 games
Taylin Duman 10 games

We had:
Clay Smith 0 games
Liam Picken 0 games
Tom Liberatore 1 game
Jack Redpath 2 games
Marcus Adams 6 games
Tory Dickson 8 games
Bailey Dale 10 games
Dale Morris 11 games
Matthew Suckling 11 games
Easton Wood 12 games
Jordan Roughead 12 games
Tom Boyd 12 games (missed 4 games by form, rest by injury)
Bailey Williams 14 games
Jackson Trengove 16 games
Hayden Crozier 17 games
Luke Dahlhaus 17 games
Aaron Naughton 18 games
Zaine Cordy 18 games
Billy Gowers 19 games
Jackson Macrae 19 games
Marcus Bontempeli 19 games

That's the list of players that we looked to play as often as possible (excluding Boyd). Our players to play 19+ are Gowers, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley, Hunter, Daniel, Richards, Johannisen and McLean.

We had:
Clay Smith 0 games
Liam Picken 0 games
Tom Liberatore 1 game
Jack Redpath 2 games
Marcus Adams 6 games
Tory Dickson 8 games
Bailey Dale 10 games
Dale Morris 11 games
Matthew Suckling 11 games
Easton Wood 12 games
Jordan Roughead 12 games
Tom Boyd 12 games (missed 4 games by form, rest by injury)
Bailey Williams 14 games
Jackson Trengove 16 games
Hayden Crozier 17 games
Luke Dahlhaus 17 games
Aaron Naughton 18 games
Zaine Cordy 18 games
Billy Gowers 19 games
Jackson Macrae 19 games
Marcus Bontempeli 19 games

That's the list of players that we looked to play as often as possible (excluding Boyd). Our players to play 19+ are Gowers, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley, Hunter, Daniel, Richards, Johannisen and McLean.

Smith retired, Dalhous and Adams gone, have I missed anyone?

I didn’t list Spurr, Michael Johnson, Sutcliffe etc because they are off our list now. But point taken, your injury list looks terrible too.

Last edited:
Saints probably lagging behind the others in the poll because they simply don't have a lot of talent on their list despite almost a decade of rebuilding. Looking at the blokes under 23 makes for particularly grim reading.

When you're relying on a cooked Hannebery for improvement you know you're in some strife.
You guys lost Neale and bought in Conca, that’s about as big of a downgrade as you’ll ever get.
Hanners most likely never gets back to his AA form but he brings in something we severely lack and that’s leadership.

You guys lost Neale and bought in Conca, that’s about as big of a downgrade as you’ll ever get.
Hanners most likely never gets back to his AA form but he brings in something we severely lack and that’s leadership.

You forgot Hogan and Lobb conveniently. You know, the key forwards, the area we were weakest in prior to trading.

I guess that shows how little you know, as you hear rave reviews about Hannebery's leadership and in particular the way he sets standards on the track and so-on.

You don't get to be vice-captain of a club as professional as Sydney if all you have is a "tiny amount" of leadership.

I guess that shows how little you know, as you hear rave reviews about Hannebery's leadership and in particular the way he sets standards on the track and so-on.

You don't get to be vice-captain of a club as professional as Sydney if all you have is a "tiny amount" of leadership.
Being vc at Sydney isn't an achievement they pass those around like they do pingas

You also hear a lot how Hannebery and buddy loved a good time

Back