Prediction Who's likely to be delisted/ traded?

Who's likely to be delisted or traded at the end of 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist:

Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

Trade Table:

Bolton
Broad
Butler
Menadue

Free Agency:

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Ellis - let him walk for anything that nets us a pick between our first and second round pick, especially if the piss up in Mildura stories are true.

Houli - 1 year deal with a 1 year option based on games played in 2020

The Rest:

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie list as it's clear they rate him highly

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

McIntosh - 2-3 years would be a well earned reward

Naish - 2 years at minimum

Pickett - if he shows the same commitment that Stack showed when he arrived then keep him around.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right.

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can do.
[/QUOTE]

Good post mate. I’d keep butler the rest yep

Gone backwards mate. Or throw McQualter back into the midfield or throw Blake on the tools in there and bring Bolton in for the forwards
We were very ordinary in contested ball particularly last year, but managed to cover it with funky plays like players at the back of the square. Even 2017 we were 10th for CP's. What that means is Caracella isnt the answer either, or just maybe the players aren't good enough to do it. Either way we need to sort it out fast. System or personnel? Who knows really.

We were very ordinary in contested ball particularly last year, but managed to cover it with funky plays like players at the back of the square. Even 2017 we were 10th for CP's. What that means is Caracella isnt the answer either, or just maybe the players aren't good enough to do it. Either way we need to sort it out fast. System or personnel? Who knows really.

Able to cover our midfield with back half intercepts. Why rance out hurts so much. Take out tigger, Astbury and
broad and we can’t cover.

Blake was able to innovate with our ball movement. Wonder if he has it in him to be able to iterate

Able to cover our midfield with back half intercepts. Why rance out hurts so much. Take out tigger, Astbury and
broad and we can’t cover.

Blake was able to innovate with our ball movement. Wonder if he has it in him to be able to iterate
Yep we were able to cover with good intercept players but how about we figure a way to be proactive?? Go figure but i cant believe we dont have the brain power to figure this out with that knowledge in the FD, so to me its pure personnel.

Yep we were able to cover with good intercept players but how about we figure a way to be proactive?? Go figure but i cant believe we dont have the brain power to figure this out with that knowledge in the FD, so to me its pure personnel.

Yeah true. Maybe we’ve just hit our tipping point

I'm thinking Ellis, Menadue, Grigg, Moore, Miller, Butler ,Aarts and Weller. Not sure of Weller's contract but he's a minimal chance to play again imo. I like Moore but Balta and Chol have gone past him.

Players out of contract still

Out
Grigg (retired)
Butler (traded)
Moore (traded or delisted)
Ellis (free agency)
Menadue traded or delisted
Weller (delist)
Townsend, (delist)
Aarts (delist)

Re-sign

Edwards - 1 year
Naish - 2 years
Miller - 1 year
Houli - 1 year
Bolton - 3 years
Soldo - 1 year
Chol - Rookie
Baker - 2 years
Stack -2 years
Pickett - Rookie
Eggmolesse_Smith - CatB rookie

Players out of contract still

Out
Grigg (retired)
Butler (traded) :heavycheck:
Moore (traded or delisted):heavycheck:
Ellis (free agency):heavycheck:
Menadue traded or delisted:heavycheck:
Weller (delist):heavycheck:
Townsend, (delist):heavycheck::(
Aarts (delist)(Unsure.With unknown on Higgo.Keep on)

Re-sign

Edwards - 1 year(give him 2)
Naish - 2 years:heavycheck:
Miller - 1 year:heavycheck:
Houli - 1 year:heavycheck:
Bolton - 3 years(2yrs)
Soldo - 1 year(pending on trade period)
Chol - Rookie:heavycheck:
Baker - 2 years:heavycheck:
Stack -2 years:heavycheck:
Pickett - Rookie:heavycheck:
Eggmolesse_Smith - CatB rookie:heavycheck:

We don't have many players out of contract next year that is why I reckon we only give Shedda and Bachar get 1 year extensions. I would delist and rookie Soldo but CCJ may not ready for the start of next season. Not sure we will get any rucks from other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things change a lot in a month, hope he stays because he has great potential and has developed into a much more consistent player.
That post didn't age well. Shai a lock to stay based on his comments when interviewed for the Rising Star nom.

We don't have many players out of contract next year that is why I reckon we only give Shedda and Bachar get 1 year extensions. I would delist and rookie Soldo but CCJ may not ready for the start of next season. Not sure we will get any rucks from other clubs.
Agree with Houli on a 1yr.
You'd delist Shedda because of lack of those out of contract nest year?:drunk:
Micro71 mentioned we're chasing a mature ruck.But that may have gone out the window with Chol's performance lately.

I watched large parts of the Port Melb. on my phone
it was hard to pick out all the players but Soldo , Chol & Egg stuck out for obvious reasons

D Egg looks like a player with an AFL future , more developing to come , but if we had to throw him in the deep end this weekend he might surprise a few

True...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with Houli on a 1yr.
You'd delist Shedda because of lack of those out of contract nest year?:drunk:
Micro71 mentioned we're chasing a mature ruck.But that may have gone out the window with Chol's performance lately.
Shedda to get shorter contract because of age and more flexibility next year' Likely to play 2021 though.

Only turns 30 in October.
Still don't get why you'd only offer 1yr.
31 in October
I think the club will give only one year as we have drafted well and have depth now. When you look at the players out of contract next year, also seems more likely he will only get a 1 year extension.

Graham
Higgins
Nankervis
Markov
Short
Garthwaite
Collier-Dawkins
Ross
Turner
English

Most of the those guys we are likely to keep.

Only turns 30 in October.
Still don't get why you'd only offer 1yr.
There's nothing wrong with 1 year extensions.
It's obvious he is playing career best football, but as we've seen time and time again, the end can come very quickly for players over the age of 30. Look how durable Grigg was...
Burgoyne has been on 1 year deals for the last 7 years.
If Shedda is still performing, he will continue to get 1 year deals. He will never move clubs, and be more than happy to accept them.

31 in October
I think the club will give only one year as we have drafted well and have depth now. When you look at the players out of contract next year, also seems more likely he will only get a 1 year extension.

Graham
Higgins
Nankervis
Markov
Short
Garthwaite
Collier-Dawkins
Ross
Turner
English

Most of the those guys we are likely to keep.
There's nothing wrong with 1 year extensions.
It's obvious he is playing career best football, but as we've seen time and time again, the end can come very quickly for players over the age of 30. Look how durable Grigg was...
Burgoyne has been on 1 year deals for the last 7 years.
If Shedda is still performing, he will continue to get 1 year deals. He will never move clubs, and be more than happy to accept them.
Sorry my mistake 31.lol
We certainly have alot of work to do over the next 2yrs juggling our list and there will be some tough decisions.
Shedda as far as i'm concerned is in our top 10.
If Sheds is happy with 1yr deals ala Burgoyne them who am i too argue.However if he asks for 2 then i'd have no hesitation.

Nothing against the bloke as he has had a shocking run with injury, but I think Markov isn’t anywhere near best 22 and should be shopped around. We wouldn’t get anything for him and that’s fine but it might be good for him to go somewhere where he is more of a chance of getting a game. Think he would be delisted if he wasn’t contracted for next year

Nothing against the bloke as he has had a shocking run with injury, but I think Markov isn’t anywhere near best 22 and should be shopped around. We wouldn’t get anything for him and that’s fine but it might be good for him to go somewhere where he is more of a chance of getting a game. Think he would be delisted if he wasn’t contracted for next year
If he has no value, which I agree with, there is no point shopping him around. All clubs, even the Suns/Bloose, will be 'meh..naaah!'
I think the move to the forward line is the next attempt to try and find a place he can play at the level. Worth a try with his 2020 salary locked in. Not sure I've seen him lay a tackle, so with the high intensity of our forward press needing that, he is way back behind all the youngsters.

Things change a lot in a month, hope he stays because he has great potential and has developed into a much more consistent player.
They do, but he will be gone, his decision not the clubs, tbh I have him as a must keep, Ben last year, but west coke and free will offer big bucks

Back