Opinion Why is no one discussing Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an ironic post at the time. Just prior to finals last year the entire main board was filled with threads about Geelong started by arse-sore Collingwood and Richmond posters. A month later they all ran for the hills.
I think Old Mate Falcon must have spontaneously combusted after last year......

That can happen when you win 3 flags. It will be hard for us without good draft picks. We cant scam them like Geelong do.
Can also happen when you win 4 flags in 15 years while only missing the 8 once, but…we still have far better youth.

Enjoy where your club is headed for a while. In 5 years you will be lining up for concessions like north

What youth do you have?
25 and under - best 18

Geelong

Miers
Holmes
Stengle
J.Henry
O.Henry
Z.Guthrie
Close
Bruhn
Bowes
De Koning
Parfitt
Knevitt
Mullin
Dempsey
Neale
Conway
Clark
Fabulous Pick 7 2023

Richmond

Taranto
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Balta
Miller
Young
Gibcus
Ryan
Cumberland
Ross
Dow
Ralphsmith
Bauer
Coulthard
Sonsie
M.Rioli
Clarke

Edit: forgot Holmes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 and under - best 18

Geelong

Miers
Stengle
J.Henry
O.Henry
Z.Guthrie
Close
Bruhn
Bowes
De Koning
Ratugolea (RIP; pick incoming at least)
Parfitt
Knevitt
Mullin
Dempsey
Neale
Conway
Clark
Fabulous Pick 7 2023

Richmond

Taranto
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Balta
Miller
Young
Gibcus
Ryan
Cumberland
Ross
Dow
Ralphsmith
Bauer
Coulthard
Sonsie
M.Rioli
Clarke
25 and under?? We have brownlow medalists 23-25 yo. I would cap youth 23 and under imo

True you can draw the line a lot lower. But those 23-25 year olds can still carry a side for another 6 years which is a fair chunk of time (e.g contending for 2029 flag).
Each to their own with a definition. I have always personally cut it off at 23 because I can’t stomach the idea of calling players youth who are at an age of AA selections and historically at an age capable of brownlows. 18-22 seems to be from what I can gather the key development years for most

How is Jack Bowels working out for you?
Oh btw, have you enquired potentially about your 2028 compensation package application?? Never too early to get onto things!! Especially now with Taranto and hopper hovering you slightly higher than you should for a few years depriving you even further of elite talent.

Each to their own with a definition. I have always personally cut it off at 23 because I can’t stomach the idea of calling players youth who are at an age of AA selections and historically at an age capable of brownlows. 18-22 seems to be from what I can gather the key development years for most
I get what you're saying but the issue of drawing the line so low is you're actually looking at quite a low amount of players and the degree of speculation goes up. 25 gives you two categories: the baby lambs (18-21) and the ones with a good amount of time in the system (22-25) who will probably be the core over the next 5 years. It just rounds it out a bit better - too much guesswork otherwise. But each to their own.

Pleasant 70 minute drive down the freeway or train trip on the V line from Melbourne. I like the Esplanade area, nice botanic gardens, some nice places to eat, drink etc, close to the GOR, Otways, Bellarine etc. Not a bad spot, really...except their footy team they can eat ass, and alphabet stadium is a horrible place for a non Cats fan to watch lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back