Why this Semi Final win makes me smile....

Remove this Banner Ad

sir_dan

Debutant
Nov 1, 2003
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
I must admit, I was nervous this week.

I went through lots of emotions though. The emotion of being told I was going to be at the game, then the dissapointment of finding out I wasn't going to be there. I must admit, the fear of losing was staring me in the face. I'm a school teacher, and although I teach in the Barossa, suprisingly enough the majority of kids in my class are Power supporters (or say they are Power supporters cos they don't wanna cheer for the same team as their teacher). Monday was gonna be a day of childhood abuse if the Power got up.

HOWEVER, thats not what make this win so sweet (although it helps).

You know what? The choker tag now OFFICIALLY will remain at the Power for evermore. 2 years in a row they choked, and even when faced with the possibility WE beat THEM to cancel that possibility out. They are the KING OF CHOKERS.

Tonights win also cancelled out any hope of the going BACK TO BACK for many seasons to come. We were always told our Back to Back was a fluke. Ok, if ours was a fluke, what does it mean for them who went nowhere near to obtaining that title?

Port Power, as a footy club, has a LOOOOONG way to go in achieveing anywhere near the success the ADELAIDE FOOTY CLUB. Not only can't you match our sucess, you beat us on dissapointments.

To that I say:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :thumbsu:

sir_dan said:
I must admit, I was nervous this week.

I went through lots of emotions though. The emotion of being told I was going to be at the game, then the dissapointment of finding out I wasn't going to be there. I must admit, the fear of losing was staring me in the face. I'm a school teacher, and although I teach in the Barossa, suprisingly enough the majority of kids in my class are Power supporters (or say they are Power supporters cos they don't wanna cheer for the same team as their teacher). Monday was gonna be a day of childhood abuse if the Power got up.

HOWEVER, thats not what make this win so sweet (although it helps).

You know what? The choker tag now OFFICIALLY will remain at the Power for evermore. 2 years in a row they choked, and even when faced with the possibility WE beat THEM to cancel that possibility out. They are the KING OF CHOKERS.

Tonights win also cancelled out any hope of the going BACK TO BACK for many seasons to come. We were always told our Back to Back was a fluke. Ok, if ours was a fluke, what does it mean for them who went nowhere near to obtaining that title?

Port Power, as a footy club, has a LOOOOONG way to go in achieveing anywhere near the success the ADELAIDE FOOTY CLUB. Not only can't you match our sucess, you beat us on dissapointments.

To that I say:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :thumbsu:

Be humble in victory and don't give them a hard time. My advice would be to start the day with the singing of the club song. Detention for anyone that doesn't know the words.

I wasn't nervous, I wasn't scared....I always knew we would win. I didn't think it would be a blow away victory...but I was confident enough not to be worried about it.

I'll be humble to those who have been humble to me....the rest of the morons can get stuffed and will get it from both barrels!

k
xx

MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl said:
I wasn't nervous, I wasn't scared....I always knew we would win. I didn't think it would be a blow away victory...but I was confident enough not to be worried about it.

I'll be humble to those who have been humble to me....the rest of the morons can get stuffed and will get it from both barrels!

k
xx

Go girl, show no mercy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back