Why we not have green team

Remove this Banner Ad

Gais, I think he means an environmentally friendly team. You know, one that travels by horse and cart instead of plane to keep fuel emissions down, only rice paper Gatorade bottles allowed so no plastics are involved. Players can eat as a bonus snack during breaks. Also getting rid of the cheer squad as the amount of methane they release into the atmosphere is unfathomable.

No green team
Could you imagine if someone like Eddie Maguire was president of a green coloured team he'd insist the grass on the field was coloured blue or grey or white to avoid a clash

I always thought GWS should have been green as it would have been a good opposite type of colour to the Swans red. I instead they went with a colour so similar to the other AFL club in the city that one club has to wear an away guernsey whenever the two teams play.

I always thought GWS should have been green as it would have been a good opposite type of colour to the Swans red. I instead they went with a colour so similar to the other AFL club in the city that one club has to wear an away guernsey whenever the two teams play.
You are not alone with those thoughts. How local rivals needed a clash when one team was started only 10 years ago, is stupid.

Freo moved away from green and red to just purple and white, Port adopted silver and teal to go with the colours they already had.

The AFL had two chances to use green with GC and GWS and went for a bland and generic red and gold for GC (who still have no real identity) and then charcoal and orange for GWS which while identifiable isn't that far away from the traditional colour schemes of black/dark blue/white/red/yellow.

Green makes sense for a Tassie team, but we don't know if they will get one or if it will be via a relocation of some sort. The green and white striped Kangaroos mock up makes baby Jesus cry.

1585981047629.png

Gais, I think he means an environmentally friendly team. You know, one that travels by horse and cart instead of plane to keep fuel emissions down, only rice paper Gatorade bottles allowed so no plastics are involved. Players can eat as a bonus snack during breaks. Also getting rid of the cheer squad as the amount of methane they release into the atmosphere is unfathomable.
They could all be gender neutral too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back