Will Clarko coach us in 23?

Will Clarko keep his job?

• Yes

Votes: 151 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 29.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so i've been digging up old articles, to see if there is anything in them. Now again I'm not saying Dayle is involved, just gives you a little insight into al Clarko is all. Also not saying Clarko hasn't crossed a line, but would suggest there was no nefarious intent on his behalf.

Garlett was worth the risk: Clarkson

I was also accused of some nasty s**t, that never happened. Here is the article written and published just after I was cleared, it took my then employers lawyers 5 minutes to clear me fyi.

It was based on anonymity, people thought they could have a free hit. Well until they realised I would find out who they were. Then being accused of things when i was off 3 months sick, didn't hurt me either.
I am sitting on a case as to whether i should sue.

People often have ulterior motives sometimes, and this world is currently very exposed.

The big ticket item is the article published things not in the report, I've learnt plenty and there would be reasons it didn't make the report. That fyi is a grand thing for al Clarko and us.
I don't think these complainants are anonymous. They have simply had their identities removed from the media report for obvious reasons.

I have no idea, just really ******* hope that whoever it is does a good job.

48 hours later and my tune is I think he will.
I just don’t know how successful it will be now.
If he survives this which I think he will.

He will be better for it. This type of s**t teaches you plenty.

This will fast become about money.

Just you wait and see.

Then I’ll tee off or come off the long run if you’d prefer.

Just you wait and see.

golfing-deadstream.gif

Hope you go better than this fella

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think he was cranky with the media previously then think again after this. He will not forget
Surely there's a way our clever marketing crew could turn his 1st press conference into a spectator event :cool:

He will coach us within 2 months, once the investigation is complete. He will be found not guilty of anything. I just can't see him doing what was alleged. If he is found guilty this is mind blowing and will destroy our club long term. In Clarko I trust.

He will coach us within 2 months, once the investigation is complete. He will be found not guilty of anything. I just can't see him doing what was alleged. If he is found guilty this is mind blowing and will destroy our club long term. In Clarko I trust.
NMFC is bigger than one person Spurs. Tomorrow the sun shall rise and this too shall pass. Would've been much worse for this to come out in 6 months.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure it destroys us. We roll with the punches and move on. It's what we do best.
*If it happened

Hawthorn on the other hand...

i think I change my mind daily, or even more frequently, on this. Lawyers now engaged, this will/could go on for 6 months plus. The way it looks today I can’t see Clarko with us. Might change my mind around midday. Who knows.
Not sure how many of you have read Michael Warner's The Boys Club (its pretty badly written, but quite a few interesting accounts).
In it there are recurring appearances by a guy named Leon Zwier, who is basically characterised as the AFL's Mr Fix it.
He's the lawyer now representing the ex Hawthorn player families.
He represented Gil McLachlan during the Peter Dutton au pair scandal, and the Dees during the ASADA scandal. The guy has form.
I suspect a settlement will be reached pretty efficiently.

Just you wait and see.

You'll have to change your user name to Patrick Patterson.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure how many of you have read Michael Warner's The Boys Club (its pretty badly written, but quite a few interesting accounts).
In it there are recurring appearances by a guy named Leon Zwier, who is basically characterised as the AFL's Mr Fix it.
He represented Gil McLachlan during the Peter Dutton au pair scandal, and the Dees during the ASADA scandal. The guy has form.
Actually first thing my wife and I discussed when this came out....we have both read Boys Club. AFL love to engineer an outcome that keeps things “clean”.
I think the worry with Zwier though, is he’s on the opposite side of the table to the AFL on this one.

Actually first thing my wife and I discussed when this came out....we have both read Boys Club. AFL love to engineer an outcome that keeps things “clean”.
I think the worry with Zwier though, is he’s on the opposite side of the table to the AFL on this one.
Yeah its an interesting one. My first thought upon reading it was Zwier was that its better to have a lawyer sitting opposite you with whom you've got long standing good relations because its more likely to keep things constructive and there's less likely to be deceptive tactics.

The AFL almost buried a club-wide institutional doping scheme. They would have gotten away with it, but the issue was big enough to get outside of our Australian bubble. They then let Essendon have the number one pick for having to put up with the inconvenience.

The AFL won't let this escalate unless irrefutable proof is found, which is near impossible given the nature of the accusations. I imagine they might offer out some wrist-slapping for some of the more minor accusations, but they won't want their league associated with the severity of some of the more serious accusations.

Did Viney do any coaching at the hawks? If we get him to put in a game plan for the time being and then employ Boomer full time to get things moving.
Then once Clarko is back on we can hopefully have some what of a functional game plan to take into next year.

Or he will take Clarko to the cleaners, and we are left in a situation where we have been sitting around waiting for an outcome for so long we may aswell forfeit the 2023 season 🤷‍♂️

Back