Will Clarko coach us in 23?

Will Clarko keep his job?

• Yes

Votes: 151 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 29.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Viney do any coaching at the hawks? If we get him to put in a game plan for the time being and then employ Boomer full time to get things moving.
Then once Clarko is back on we can hopefully have some what of a functional game plan to take into next year.

Viney has said he has never really wanted to be in the top job and was happy being an assistant, I'm sure he's not going to want to take the reigns of a wooden spoon side under extreme circumstantial duress, and Boomer isn't qualified for that role, if it's anyone in house it would be Patch or Crock

I'm leaning towards yes on the basis of the relationships that Clarkson maintains with several indigenous players of that era. This would likely not be the case if the alleged actions were true.
It's going to be a drawn out affair and I wonder how the indigenous men and women at NMFC are feeling about the whole sad situation.
The only sure thing here is that some lawyers are going to make a boatload of money by reviewing the allegations and any damages/defamation cases that come out of it

Viney has said he has never really wanted to be in the top job and was happy being an assistant, I'm sure he's not going to want to take the reigns of a wooden spoon side under extreme circumstantial duress, and Boomer isn't qualified for that role, if it's anyone in house it would be Patch or Crock
Patch has stated on previous occasions that he's not interested in the head coach job and Crocker, having been around for ages, only helps out on short stints plus is coaching the womens team. We would need to look elsewhere and l think if we lose Clarko the throw the $$$ at Leppitch..

Patch has stated on previous occasions that he's not interested in the head coach job and Crocker, having been around for ages, only helps out on short stints plus is coaching the womens team. We would need to look elsewhere and l think if we lose Clarko the throw the $$$ at Leppitch..
Leppitsch would be my choice too. Patch would absolutely take the job if he was offered it though, do you really think he would've said "I know they want me to step aside but really I'd like to keep it" or something to that effect? He works for the club, his job is to present a united front to the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll need to be cleared completely to coach. The old 'ill educate myself' won't wash this time.

Sonja coming out and backing him today is a massive show of faith and it says a lot. Her take has always been a real barometer here.

Based on her sensitivity to cultural awareness and her overall social intelligence, I believe she has heard enough to understand the accusations may be exaggerated or misconstrued to suit an agenda.

Just my take.

There are going to be so many twists and turns in this, big question is two or six months down the track is he going want to coach again?

Sonja coming out and backing him today is a massive show of faith and it says a lot. Her take has always been a real barometer here.

Based on her sensitivity to cultural awareness and her overall social intelligence, I believe she has heard enough to understand the accusations may be exaggerated or misconstrued to suit an agenda.

Just my take.
There's a fair bit of talk about an 'agenda'. What possible agenda could there be here? No one wins in this. The greatest coach of the modern era gets done, Brisbanes coach gets done, the AFL is revealed as a racist organisation and dragged for it. Indigenous players are subjected to a degree of scrutiny and shame that none would welcome and should have to front up to. I just can't see the agenda. Certainly and hopefully there have been a series of misunderstandings but that's unlikely.

Being a Suns supporter for many years looking in, I'm a mutual observer & I'm convinced Clarko will coach us next year. I've actually put a cool $25 on him at $1.09. I mean, you can't get bank interest like that nowadays. Speaking of which, I've still got a 25 year Term Deposit at 12%pa with the State Bank which should be maturing fairly soon. I'll be heading in to one of their branches in October for a hefty collect. Then I'll be hot-doggin' it all around the world for a few weeks. Cha Chang.

There's a fair bit of talk about an 'agenda'. What possible agenda could there be here? No one wins in this. The greatest coach of the modern era gets done, Brisbanes coach gets done, the AFL is revealed as a racist organisation and dragged for it. Indigenous players are subjected to a degree of scrutiny and shame that none would welcome and should have to front up to. I just can't see the agenda. Certainly and hopefully there have been a series of misunderstandings but that's unlikely.

Maybe one day we’ll find out why these stories were made up. Jackson will likely have a lot to answer for. If anyone’s career is done, it’s his.

Back