News Will Johnson apologises to fan

Remove this Banner Ad

We only blame Collingwood because they START the taunts, and then the idiots from other clubs join in.

Every man has his breaking point. If I was Milney at this stage I'd be calling the whole Collingwood Supporter base a bunch of that and making no media apologies and if anyone did it for me I'd refute it.

If respect should work both ways Will should've never had to reach that point, and never would have said those things in the first place. I don't walk down the street and go to a passer by "You're a c*nt" and neither would Will.
It's amazing how a player can get ragged on all day, then he says something back and is the bad guy.

the c word is not acceptable in any form, only real losers use that word.

i guess judging by the responses, the supporters at Vic park deserved the FC from Will as much as Milne from all other opposition supporters, based on the defence of Provocation.

This is my query. s**t like this doesn't happen in a vacuum. One can imagine the rubbish willy j would've copped from the crowd.
Just a pity for him someones nanna was there. The crowd probably deserved it.

I was at the game, behind the goals up in the grandstand. The crowd was noisy but the vast majority of any angst that I heard was directed at the umpires. I didn't hear any invective directed at the Sandy players.

I didn't see the incident in question but I dare say he copped a spray from someone for something and retaliated in the general direction the noise came from. Unfortunately right in front of him was, as you say, a Nanna and some young kids.

His comments were out of line and he'll learn from it.

He apologised...therefore he is guilty.
No need to make apologies for him or fabricate some fabulous concoctions of events to put him in the right.
Other posters are not insular paranoids like St Kilda posters.

He apologised...therefore he is guilty.
No need to make apologies for him or fabricate some fabulous concoctions of events to put him in the right.
Other posters are not insular paranoids like St Kilda posters.
You are like the Scarlet Pimpernel Pieeyed,you are everywhere.
lol.....i think young Will may have apologised publicly but inside is seething against the Filth. :p

You are like the Scarlet Pimpernel Pieeyed,you are everywhere.
lol.....i think young Will may have apologised publicly but inside is seething against the Filth. :p

Personally I can see how a player can let his frustrations boil over into something they later regret. It happens quite often in sport.
I don't see why he needs tobe crucified, he apologised. No problem.
Those trying to say it was cause by someone else, who "started it" are grasping at straws or hypocrites as Milne started and went on with the entire Malthouse/Licuria incident.

My point is you can't have it both ways.

Common sense says it take two, at least, to tango, harsh words are exchanged and apologies are made. Should be end of story.
Some can accept that...usually those not even in the slightest involved.

The double standards is amazing.

It gets pointed out to Eddie earlier in the year that inappropriate comments are being made towards Milne. Eddie "I wasn't there".

It gets pointed out to Eddie that Didak fled the scene of an accident. Eddie "He wasn't there".

Malthouse calls Milne a rapist. Eddie "He has used the word 'pest' and not 'rapist'."

Collingwood finally makes a feeble attempt in relation to supporter behaviour. Malthouse ''I've got no control over the crowd. I'm a coach. I sit in a coach's box.''

So the Saints take a strong stance and the player admits he shouldn't have reacted, yet the same filth twits as always make up some generalist dribble about what Saints fans are saying?

Not a massive crime, but best to stamp it out. Im sure the player in question here will move on very quickly and learn from it.

Irony - get involved.

You want Collingwood fans to take a good hard look at ourselves, yet some of you are unwilling to do the same. I cannot believe my eyes. Some of you are defending this player's actions.

Everyone makes mistakes. A slap on the wrist will suffice. But some of you are defending his actions.

It just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. As long as you defend this guy you have no claims on asking anyone to behave better at the football; Collingwood or otherwise. Think about it.

St Kilda FC, for the record, seem to be handling this really well. Lets hope their example continues to be followed and that the minority views of some in here continue to be ignored

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the ferals have a looooooooong way to go before they can claim to be the moral crusaders of the world. Thanks anyway.
I'm just sick of them, particularly the way they keep claiming Saints supporters are obsessed with their club. True, some are, but you can cut the irony with a chainsaw.

How did i know this would get taken over by pies posters? The ant army comes scaling out of nowhere to swarm a thread. There should be a forum where they are banned from posting.

The bloke who complained about this must appreciate what he got - interaction with the play. That is amazing, that is great, it is what football used to be and it was teriffic.

I hoped the VFL still retained that but apparently not now. It is like when some idiot king hit Plugger one week and Capper the next as they ran off the ground - suddenly spectators could not run on until after the second siren - and the sport dies a little and corporates push the wedge in further.

Poor form complaining about this. I recall watching a Port Melbourne match v Carlton (or were they affiliated?) semi or prelim final. Murphy was coming back through the reserves that day after injury. The crowd were slow chanting Murphy which only seemed to fire him up. Some bloke had a crack at Murphy for being s**t. Murphy turned around and said, 'look at you you fat can't, sitting on youjr arse on the other side of the fence'! |The whole crowd cheered (both sides) and Murphy became a hero to everyone.

What football is now missing is players having a personality on the ground because it is over analysed off it. Leave them alone off the field and lets have an acceptable amount of integration at the footy, feed off each other. Otherwise once 3d technology comes into play we may as well be watching at home or down the pub - get out of the ground faster that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back