Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - RILEY BONNER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Riley is too good to be playing SANFL or VFL and he was very unlucky to have been delisted. Really it was even more surprising that he wasn't DFA'd. He is dominant at SANFL level. He can play wing and half back. Has played more wing in recent times however at times that outside role can make him look soft. As a half back and defender he is solid defensively and outstanding with ball in hand.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play 15+ games for you guys in the AFL next year. On pure ability, he probably makes our 22 on a wing as it stands, but obviously there's been some marking of his cards over here and as such I personally think you've gotten a huge bargain here.

Riley is too good to be playing SANFL or VFL and he was very unlucky to have been delisted. Really it was even more surprising that he wasn't DFA'd. He is dominant at SANFL level. He can play wing and half back. Has played more wing in recent times however at times that outside role can make him look soft. As a half back and defender he is solid defensively and outstanding with ball in hand.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play 15+ games for you guys in the AFL next year. On pure ability, he probably makes our 22 on a wing as it stands, but obviously there's been some marking of his cards over here and as such I personally think you've gotten a huge bargain here.

We're flush with wingers right now so I assume we've picked him up as a Coffield replacement at half back. Certainly fills a gap for us and anything that lets Sinclair get more midfield time is great for us.

Any chance you can surprisingly delist Butters or Rozee

I think he'd be doing well to play 15 plus games with what we have in similar positions.

Sinclair, NWM, Stocker and Windhager off half back

Wood, Hill and Henry on the wings

And Lyon looks more than happy to back talented kids so I think we will be seeing a fair bit of Wilson throughout the season.

That being said, injuries and form could play a role and I know he's produced some very good footy in the past.

Riley is too good to be playing SANFL or VFL and he was very unlucky to have been delisted. Really it was even more surprising that he wasn't DFA'd. He is dominant at SANFL level.

We seem to watch the SANFL very closely, so his efforts there were almost certainly crucial in us taking him... So good on him for working hard when he was dropped from the senior team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank Christ...for a moment I thought we'd taken that North Melbourne Bonar spud...thank god it's not him.
Bonner > Bonar.
Another guy with good clean disposal, and can play more than one position.
As another poster said, he's a good mature body to plug in and play whilst some of these kids develop.

I'm liking the brief the recruitment team have been given. Quick and with clean disposal. 👍👍👍

Don't mind Bonner, he's played some good games over the years. Probably a better player that Stocker was when we picked him up and he's been good.

Know nothing about him, so compared last years season to Nas this year.

While Nas leads nearly every statistic, he's not far behind either with less time on ground. Disposal efficiency is good.

Interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back