Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he’s hating it and will be gone by the end of the week 🤔

1h87Rhx.jpg

Watching his highlights, there is the obvious offensive traits, but I’m wondering how far he could go in regard to his defensive side. There is one good chase down tackle and 2 other ‘almost’ tackles in his highlights so I’m thinking with that speed and agility that maybe he could become a real dual threat in F50

So, you were travelling across Africa, and camping?

Yes.

That was on the shores of Lake Malawi. Malawi, 5th largest lake in the world by volume, and a mere 580 kms long!

My wife and I were driving one of 4 Landrovers. 3 couples and a support vehicle with a cook and mechanic who were also guides.

So that was for 26 days, and yes slept in that tent for most of the nights.

We also by ourselves hired a car and drove around Kruger National Park in South Africa, and locations nearby for two weeks. Stayed mainly in cabins in compounds. And another two weeks near Capetown, where wild animals are not an issue. And a week near Chobe National Park, Botswana where you just went out in shared Landrovers with drivers, or on boats to spot the wildlife.

So, I'm guessing that the tent in the picture was called the buffet? :eekv1:

By buffet, I assume you mean us as being on the menu for the wildlife? ;)

Pretty safe there at Lake Malawi as wild animals were minimal at that location.

At other places at night you would camp in a fenced compound. Sometimes these were large affair with many campers. Other times there was just our group of 4 Landrovers in a small compound such as at Amboseli National Park which was overlooked by Mt Kilamanjaro.

In Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya while yes there were lions about, there were no fences but Massai Warriors who would patrol at night toward ward off any lions looking for a snack. At other camps the Massai Warriors were often employed as security guards to keep thieves at bay. The Massia are well regarded for their integroty and honesty.

All in it was an amazing trip.

(BELOW) Lions in Massai Mara viewed from our Landrover and only about 30m away.

11209730_783440225106613_1422811359180937570_n.jpg

11796370_782237161893586_2971765832938899941_n.jpg

(Below) Just a brief sample of some of what we saw.

1701786927708.png
1701786759968.png

Attachments

• 1701786875959.png
    1701786875959.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your update.

Finally the penny has dropped with supporting new kids and their families. It gives members confidence that our club is now giving these kids and themselves the best chance to suceed. I love reading how much our player development and support has improved in recent years.

Hopefully we have recruited the next Charlie Cameron/Shai Bolton in Lance and he has a long and sucessful career with the club! I think he will become an absolute excitement machine and the type of player that brings thousands to games to watch him play.
I go to see Nas play😍

Did you go to Cape Town?
Yes Cape Town and environs. Simply stunning scenery there. We had an amazing 9 course degustation menu at The test Kitchen. Devine food. Explored Table Mountain, drove some of the Garden Route and spent time in the wine district around Stellenbosch.

Last edited:
How did we get from talking about Lance Collard to an African Safari with pics?????

W.A. is kind of close to Africa, well...closer.
I remember when a small speedboat that went missing in Africa washed up on the beach in W.A, so it must be kind of just a big lake.....with a missing aeroplane in it.

Look, I love all your poor mans Ace Ventura ramblings, but can we keep it to Lance Collard. You went on safari, you saw some tigers, woop-de-doo. This Milne v2 is much more exciting.

Can these types

M95GdM9Iei7fRzY0pc.webp

Please leave the thread immediately. Shikaka has spoken.

Collard to me has a bit of Nicky Winmar vibe to it. He is just so effortless ad skilled in how he plays the game.

He could be amazingly good.

Nicky though was very quiet. I remember when he arrived and he was playing in a practice game at Frankston and I had a good chat with him. He was just so shy.

On the football field though he was another person entirely

Collard white sti quiet is not as shy, but just radiates that same level of ability.

Last edited:
Look, I love all your poor mans Ace Ventura ramblings, but can we keep it to Lance Collard. You went on safari, you saw some tigers, woop-de-doo. This Milne v2 is much more exciting.

Can these types

M95GdM9Iei7fRzY0pc.webp

Please leave the thread immediately. Shikaka has spoken.
Coming from the master of derailing a thread….😉

Collard to me has a bit of Nicky Winmar vibe to it. He is just so effortless ad skilled in how he plays the game.

He could be amazingly good.

Nicky though was very quiet. I remember when he arrived and he was playing in a practice game at Frankston and I had a good chat with him. He was just so shy.

On the football field though he was another person entirely

Collard white sti quiet is not as shy, but just radiates that same level of ability.
Hopefully he is in the same league as Nicky. Or at least the same stratosphere! But I reckon Wanganeen Milera is showing many Winmar traits. High Marks, few run and bounces in an effortless glide, kick a running long goal (wang Mil has a longer way to go in this regard) Although it’s early. I mean. What was Nicky Winmar doing at age 18,19 where todays stars get drafted to bring a mature age pick really in the modern vernacular. Hopefully Collard transcends all that to be our Norm Smith Granny Winning superstar in next 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back