Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty excited for this kid.

Gonna play some games and kick some goals pretty early I rekon.

Puts a bit of pressure on Butler to hit the scoreboard and Higgins to defend.

NGA kid as well and they usually have more talent than meets the eye!

He’s got a fan already 😍

h0eMe0y.jpg

65kg!! Been working out at the "Hunter Clark Center For Kids Who Can't Lift Good."

Hope you like protein shakes kid

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to put to much pressure on the kid, but his highlights reel reminds me of Shai Bolton's before his draft year. Like Bolton, Lance will take some time, but I think he was too exciting to pass up at pick 28.

Remember, Elshaug overlooked Bolton for Ben Long! Our recruiting crew has shown some dash over the past 3 years. Nas, Pou and now Lance. Anyone else getting excited?

Now, get Auntie Katrina, Hilly, Liam Henry, Nas, Isaac, Mason and the crew to work on him becoming a long term saint!

I don't want to put to much pressure on the kid, but his highlights reel reminds me of Shai Bolton's before his draft year. Like Bolton, Lance will take some time, but I think he was too exciting to pass up at pick 28.

Remember, Elshaug overlooked Bolton for Ben Long! Our recruiting crew has shown some dash over the past 3 years. Nas, Pou and now Lance. Anyone else getting excited?

Now, get Auntie Katrina, Hilly, Liam Henry, Nas, Isaac, Mason and the crew to work on him becoming a long term saint!
+1.

Basically if he doesn’t stay with our support network then we can’t really say we didn’t try.

Not sure if Nathan Lovett-Murray is still our indigenous officer but him & Alan Murray will also help.

65kg!! Been working out at the "Hunter Clark Center For Kids Who Can't Lift Good, And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too."

Hope you like protein shakes kid
Chicken T**ty and roids

Lets ******* do it Sainters

+1.

Basically if he doesn’t stay with our support network then we can’t really say we didn’t try.

Not sure if Nathan Lovett-Murray is still our indigenous officer but him & Alan Murray will also help.

I forgot to mention that very underrated member of our staff, Tony Brown. We have the setup to make this work.
And of course get Cuz to give him a big St Kilda welcome 😃

4k8VoHx.jpg

Chicken T**ty and roids

Lets ******* do it Sainters
For reference, Jack Lonie was 67kg and Caleb Daniel was 68kg when drafted.

Hill, Butler, Hotton and Byrnes are all roughly Collards height. They are listed between 79 and 82kgs.

So at 65, Collard is probably closer to the weight of a 14yo Chinese gymnast than an AFL footballer. Will probably need to put on about 15kg (10 minimum) before he can lay a proper tackle.

Last edited:
I'm not overly impressed with those, to put it kindly. I'm not seeing good ball use, by hand or foot. And dropping chest marks is an instant turn off for me. But anyway I hope he does well and works it out at Sandy. Seems like another Peris but gets more ball.
Not sure what you saw.. I saw a guy in one final kick all four of his teams first four goals, then set up their fifth ... i.e. play a one man show to keep his team in the game, which they went on to win.

I also saw speed, agility, goal sense, good kicking and more importantly, the ability to read the ball off the boot faster than the opponent and get to the drop.

He does look very small and light. Lets hope he can become a Charlie Cameron/Bobby Hill/Shai Bolton type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back