• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highly unlikely

• Definitely not

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It will happen eventually. Look at Geelong in 2006 finished 12th? and won the flag easly the next year.

It will happen eventually. Look at Geelong in 2006 finished 12th? and won the flag easly the next year.

I wouldn't think so not now with the amount of teams in the comp. May have happened years ago when only 4 or 5 teams were about.

obviously, our form is menacing.

we've taken out rampaging gold coast and adelaide sides over the past 2 weeks.

premiership form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Worsfold publicly said that west coast would not win the wooden spoon and they did. Maybe he should say that you will not win the grand final :D

I don't see your logic? that would be implying that he thinks we would make the GF and then loose. Meaning that we would most certainly not make the GF.:D

In all honesty its not impossible atm its looking like we are the 5th/6th best side but i highly doubt it. We'd be more likely next year than this year but i think our window is still a few years away. $50 odds which is the last ive seen is probably about right.

The closest any club has gone to doing it IIRC was Collingwood in 77 who drew the GF the year after a spoon. While I admit there's obviously a slim chance of it happening I just feel that based on exposed form against a top 2 team at the G one would suggest it definitely won't happen.

It's not a criticism of WC more that for them to beat both of Collingwood and Geelong at the G, which is what they'll have to do to win it, with both teams having upwards of 18 premiership players playing compared to WC 8 (7 if Waters doesn't come up) off the back of a spoon would be a herculean effort.

The closest any club has gone to doing it IIRC was Collingwood in 77 who drew the GF the year after a spoon. While I admit there's obviously a slim chance of it happening I just feel that based on exposed form against a top 2 team at the G one would suggest it definitely won't happen.

It's not a criticism of WC more that for them to beat both of Collingwood and Geelong at the G, which is what they'll have to do to win it, with both teams having upwards of 18 premiership players playing compared to WC 8 (7 if Waters doesn't come up) off the back of a spoon would be a herculean effort.

Im not saying we are a real chance at all we are a long shot at best but How many premiership players did we have in 06? Being a premiership player aint mean that much.
For me it would be more along the lines of coping away from home against teams with far superior midfield's. Or just being a generally inferior team.
On the plus side we got better rucks and forwardlines than either geelong or collingwood :D.

Im not saying we are a real chance at all we are a long shot at best but How many premiership players did we have in 06? Being a premiership player aint mean that much.
For me it would be more along the lines of coping away from home against teams with far superior midfield's. Or just being a generally inferior team.
On the plus side we got better rucks and forwardlines than either geelong or collingwood :D.

Just quietly the quality of that 2006 team (premiership players or not) juuuuuuuust shades the 2011 version, especially the midfield. For me you'd in all likelihood go in rank underdog's against both of Geelong and Collingwood probably as big as a 5-1 outsider at the G.

If you finish top 4 (which I think you should) you'll have to win that first final to be any shot at taking it out and I just can't see it happening. Both the Pies and Cat's will most likely rest up to half a dozen players on the Friday night in round 24 when they play each other, you'll have a 6 day break compared to 7 (that 1st qualifying final will be on the Friday) and you'll be travelling. The more I look at it the more unfair it looks against you so I'm afraid the odds will be overwhelmingly against you.....

I actually agree that your forward line is more potent than the cats :thumbsu: but can't with the pies :)

Just quietly the quality of that 2006 team (premiership players or not) juuuuuuuust shades the 2011 version, especially the midfield. For me you'd in all likelihood go in rank underdog's against both of Geelong and Collingwood probably as big as a 5-1 outsider at the G.

If you finish top 4 (which I think you should) you'll have to win that first final to be any shot at taking it out and I just can't see it happening. Both the Pies and Cat's will most likely rest up to half a dozen players on the Friday night in round 24 when they play each other, you'll have a 6 day break compared to 7 (that 1st qualifying final will be on the Friday) and you'll be travelling. The more I look at it the more unfair it looks against you so I'm afraid the odds will be overwhelmingly against you.....

I actually agree that your forward line is more potent than the cats :thumbsu: but can't with the pies :)

My point being that our 06 side didnt have 18 premiership players at the time. It didn't need them, judd, cousins, kerr, embley and cox weren't premiership players they were just quality.
We aren't a top 4 side yet. But i think on our day at subi we would be a chance at beating collingwood or geeling. I wouldn't be putting money on 5:1 odds at the g though.
Most of our best talent is still too young in Shuey, Gaff and darling.

Side note: Forward line of
Shuey Kennedy Nicoski
Lecras Lynch Darling

Trumps all but Hawthorn (with roughy) :D.
Swap buddy in for lynch and Rioli in for Nicoski and that could very well be the AA forwardline in a few years.;)

My point being that our 06 side didnt have 18 premiership players at the time. It didn't need them, judd, cousins, kerr, embley and cox weren't premiership players they were just quality.
We aren't a top 4 side yet. But i think on our day at subi we would be a chance at beating collingwood or geeling. I wouldn't be putting money on 5:1 odds at the g though.
Most of our best talent is still too young in Shuey, Gaff and darling.

Side note: Forward line of
Shuey Kennedy Nicoski
Lecras Lynch Darling

Trumps all but Hawthorn (with roughy) :D.
Swap buddy in for lynch and Rioli in for Nicoski and that could very well be the AA forwardline in a few years.;)

That's kinda what I was getting at, the 06 team had all those guns so didn't need premiership experience.

Ohhhh so with West Coast having the best forward line and all it explains why they've kicked 40 goals less than Collingwood this year :thumbsu: but I realise your having a laugh so all good!

That's kinda what I was getting at, the 06 team had all those guns so didn't need premiership experience.

Ohhhh so with West Coast having the best forward line and all it explains why they've kicked 40 goals less than Collingwood this year :thumbsu: but I realise your having a laugh so all good!

Kicking 40 more goals than us is not a reflection of your forwardline being better than ours, Mainly your superior midield, overall team and playing style.

I think the Hawks fowardline can pretty easily argue its the best and theyve kicked a lot less goals than you guys.
Buddy and Rioli> Lecras and kennedy> Dawes and Cloke

Kicking 40 more goals than us is not a reflection of your forwardline being better than ours, Mainly your superior midield, overall team and playing style.

I think the Hawks fowardline can pretty easily argue its the best and theyve kicked a lot less goals than you guys.
Buddy and Rioli> Lecras and kennedy> Dawes and Cloke

So the fact that you think two forwards from your team are better than two of Collingwood's it somehow means West Coast have a better forward line :eek:

lets do a full like for like comparison shall we.

HFF: Shuey Kennedy Nicoski
FF: Lecras Lynch Darling

Or

HFF: Swan Cloke Didak
FF: Krackouer Dawes Sidebottom

Didak is out of form this year but is the better between him and Nicoski, Kennedy and Cloke is toss of the coin, Swan will spend a lot more time forward with Beams out and I reckon he might just have Shuey covered for the time being, Lecras shits all over Krackouer, Dawes and Lynch is toss of the coin and Sidebottom is better than Darling. So in my book that's 3 magpies -2 level- 1 Eagles....

I think West Coast have one of the strongest forward 6's in the league especially when Nic Nat or Cox push forward, but overall its just not as strong as Collingwood's.

So the fact that you think two forwards from your team are better than two of Collingwood's it somehow means West Coast have a better forward line :eek:

lets do a full like for like comparison shall we.

HFF: Shuey Kennedy Nicoski
FF: Lecras Lynch Darling

Or

HFF: Swan Cloke Didak
FF: Krackouer Dawes Sidebottom

Didak is out of form this year but is the better between him and Nicoski, Kennedy and Cloke is toss of the coin, Swan will spend a lot more time forward with Beams out and I reckon he might just have Shuey covered for the time being, Lecras shits all over Krackouer, Dawes and Lynch is toss of the coin and Sidebottom is better than Darling. So in my book that's 3 magpies -2 level- 1 Eagles....

I think West Coast have one of the strongest forward 6's in the league especially when Nic Nat or Cox push forward, but overall its just not as strong as Collingwood's.

Swan does not play on your HFF, He plays predominately on ball. Thats like adding priddis or kerr to our fowardline. Sidebottom is similar but has spent some time forward so I can live with that. Ignoring swan.
Kennedy (34)> Cloke (29)
Lecras (18) missed games> Didak (9)
Lynch (13) = Dawes (20)
Shuey (13)> Sidebottom (12)
Darling (11) > Krakouer (16)
Nicoski (15)> Nobody

Your overrating collingwoods forwardline, Its decent but made to look better by a gun team and midfield.
We do often have one resting ruckman forward normally cox but i chose to not include him as he's normally not part of our starting forward 6 and is predominately a ruckman.

Back