• Yes

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I'm going to microwave my current membership

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone hear Mario offering a free yellow and black icy pole to any Cats member today on SEN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's still probably better than the scarf the club will offer.

Yes but the club need to stop being so gutless and put the players rights first, none of this worrying about challenging or not, if you have doubt then take the chance and challenge, grow a pair. We wont win the flag in the next 5 years IMO and there could be multiple list changes over the next year so im interested to see how that goes and what the recruiting team have in store for us.

P.s for the record i dont believe Gaz Jnr will be back next year.

I suspect GAJ isn't back also unless Johny Barker says bugger off. And personally I think he should but They will want too much but I was interested to note the last year of the three year revealed today to be $700k now seriously that is manageable say two year deal for 350k. Done. Now GCFC foff you absolute scum buckets and do the right thing and release him on compassionate dispensation for nought. Hawks did it for Mitchell. Cats did it SJ, etc. North did it for Wells but then complained. Adel did it for Paddy. All the mature clubs can get things done except Gold Coast who are like spoiled nasty children. Noooo, I want more, no more, I mean it!!

I have always loved the Geelong Football Club and after so many years busting my ass working here and OS I can afford to easily enjoy and support the club generously which I have. I wished we would challenge just to fight it a bit like the High court challenge to the plebiscite which is futile but it makes people happy to just fight something they vehemently disagree with. I mean, remember when we were as a football club going out the door with merger talks with Footscray, North. We then were cow towing to the AFL and then along came Frank. I wasn't in Melb but I sent as much money as I could foster at the time addressed to him. Amazingly enough he replied some months later. This year I bumped into Frank at a restaurant in the city and by god you know he said at the time he was bowled over by how many people did that, direct to Frank care of GFC. It gave him allot of confidence knowing that people would back it in. Who knows if thats true but I was touched at the time he wrote a letter. And his last comment this year was that AFL wanted us to merge, plans were afoot and he thought bugger (not exactly his word) that.

The reality is football is under threat once again from a controlling influence who think that people like us will just keep on going. Taking us for granted. GFC like Footscray was kept alive by people who cared.

But for our football club I have extreme confidence in Steve Hocking's capacity to see what's going on and to make mature clear sighted decisions just as those running Footscray did last year.

Alright I've been drinking and I get emotional when I do. Go cats supported don't be sucked in by the bulls**t. Get fired up to support the club.

I suspect GAJ isn't back also unless Johny Barker says bugger off. And personally I think he should but They will want too much but I was interested to note the last year of the three year revealed today to be $700k now seriously that is manageable say two year deal for 350k. Done. Now GCFC foff you absolute scum buckets and do the right thing and release him on compassionate dispensation for nought. Hawks did it for Mitchell. Cats did it SJ, etc. North did it for Wells but then complained. Adel did it for Paddy. All the mature clubs can get things done except Gold Coast who are like spoiled nasty children. Noooo, I want more, no more, I mean it!!

I have always loved the Geelong Football Club and after so many years busting my ass working here and OS I can afford to easily enjoy and support the club generously which I have. I wished we would challenge just to fight it a bit like the High court challenge to the plebiscite which is futile but it makes people happy to just fight something they vehemently disagree with. I mean, remember when we were as a football club going out the door with merger talks with Footscray, North. We then were cow towing to the AFL and then along came Frank. I wasn't in Melb but I sent as much money as I could foster at the time addressed to him. Amazingly enough he replied some months later. This year I bumped into Frank at a restaurant in the city and by god you know he said at the time he was bowled over by how many people did that, direct to Frank care of GFC. It gave him allot of confidence knowing that people would back it in. Who knows if thats true but I was touched at the time he wrote a letter. And his last comment this year was that AFL wanted us to merge, plans were afoot and he thought bugger (not exactly his word) that.

The reality is football is under threat once again from a controlling influence who think that people like us will just keep on going. Taking us for granted. GFC like Footscray was kept alive by people who cared.

But for our football club I have extreme confidence in Steve Hocking's capacity to see what's going on and to make mature clear sighted decisions just as those running Footscray did last year.

Alright I've been drinking and I get emotional when I do. Go cats supported don't be sucked in by the bulls**t. Get fired up to support the club.

You post really well when under the influence :D:thumbsu:

Obviously everyone gets passionate about this stuff, and we'll see some reactionary threads like this. Personally, I would never cancel my membership over an issue that the club has very little control over. I'm trying to think of what would make me cancel it... maybe if we picked up Hayden Ballantyne as head coach? or financial hardship.

Excellent post, heartfelt.

Will You Renew Your Membership in 2018?

8cec185be41c65b9afd887dd909a73008d4edf912f7e6ab3a89703b4692f1326.jpg

I haven't had a membership for a few years now and won't until the club, along with the PA, CA and other clubs grow a spine and change the entire way the AFL goes about things. The whole competition is a disgrace, corrupt and terribly run.

(doesn't mean I dont still love footy as a sport, support the cats or watch AFL. But I try hard not to give them too much of my money!)

Thank * NFL just started - woot!

Would be a member next year either way but will literally be frothing to see Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett play in the same side if the footy gods bless us in that way.

The MRP stuff doesn't bother me really. Just makes it sweeter when we upset the odds like on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Doggies must be very disappointed with the Redpath verdict.

Just as well they can offset their chagrin with the comforting knowledge that thousands of prospective members have already renewed for 2018 since they announced their appeal.

Just a little something to think on.

Since 2004 the Geelong Football Club will have finished the H&A season in the top 4, 10 times. Finished out of the finals twice with a lowest finishing position of 10th.

All the while turning over the list.

Screams of a club that should be getting our support I would think.

Back