News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing that could make sense is if he had powerade in his mouth/saliva and he spat into the cup, either intentionally or not. Or he was left unsupervised and poured it in.

Hi there. No trolling here, just a genuine query. I don’t actually know much about Rioli / how good he is etc. Reading this thread, posters saying it’s a huge blow to title defence. Is he that good when you have other excellent small forwards? Or is the bigger issue the distraction?

If Rioli has nothing to hide, he needs to get an immediate independent urine sample provided.

Then go about seeking legal action, along with the Eagles.

Something smells here and its not urine.

If it's not urine then it has to be other liquid that comes out of a Willie then.

ASADA will have zero interest in the truth if it is unfavourable to their operations.

As an oversight body they dare not concede any weaknesses in their processes.

I think Willie is getting a long holiday one way or another.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting a Sam Murray type situation where he sits all of next year out

The only thing that could make sense is if he had powerade in his mouth/saliva and he spat into the cup, either intentionally or not. Or he was left unsupervised and poured it in.
Why would he spit tho? I doubt they were asking for a semen sample.

Hi there. No trolling here, just a genuine query. I don’t actually know much about Rioli / how good he is etc. Reading this thread, posters saying it’s a huge blow to title defence. Is he that good when you have other excellent small forwards? Or is the bigger issue the distraction?

Good player still in his early days as a player, much better with him in the side but can still win it all without him. The issue is probs the distraction

He's one of those guys that makes things happen or pulls something out of no where. Losing him doesnt mean its all over but we will miss him.

As best I can figure is there was something in the sample that shouldn’t have been there and wasn’t urine

An investigation has to be done to determine why/how that happened and protocol dictates Rioli can’t play whilst that investigation is conducted

Might explain why there’s a lack of detail beyond “adverse analytical finding “ as ASADA themselves don’t know how but are bound by their own rules to impose an immediate and indefinite ban
You can sense the frustration in this club statement, especially the second paragraph!

The West Coast Eagles have been made aware that Willie Rioli is the subject of an ASADA and AFL investigation.

The club is extremely disappointed that one of our players has been provisionally suspended while a matter is being investigated and it will comply fully and openly with ASADA and the AFL through the process.
The club is fully committed to supporting Willie during what is a personally distressing time.
Our primary concern is Willie’s health and welfare.
As this is an on-going investigation the club, its staff and players can make no further comment until the investigation is completed.
The West Coast Eagles fully supports the AFL and ASADA in its ideal of our game being drug free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to play out here still. Fox Footy, Robinson, Montagna, Lewis, Cornes casting doubt on the ASADA testing process.

Rioli will have a case for Damages, Negligence, Defamation if the testing was void as suggested.

If West Coast lose Geelong narrowly, West Coast will also have a case against ASADA/AFL .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting that this article has now been deleted

Well thats not very helpful.

I am going to say he will get 6 months if he fully co-operates. Maybe 12.

This is why WCE haven’t protested innocence, even if they did 100% believe he was. Basically ASADA rules mean you have to bend over and take it until they decide what they want.

Follow Richard Ings twitter for close updates and clarifications

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He's talking urine substitution. And suggests it requires slight of hand. Be interesting to know how when you're 3/4's naked peeing in a cup. Slight hand taking a pot of urine out out one's arse perhaps?

He's talking urine substitution. And suggests it requires slight of hand. Be interesting to know how when you're 3/4's naked peeing in a cup. Slight hand taking a pot of urine out out one's arse perhaps?
with all due respect this is Willie Rioli we're talking about

Oh Willie! What has happened. This whole thing is just completely bizarre. I’m honestly not making any judgements until we know more. And that unfortunately will be a while one would think. In the meantime I hope the boys rally. Glad to hear that the club is providing Willie with all the support and assistance he needs 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back