Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you guys jump up to pick 3(4 after bid) for anyone in particular? A lot of people were saying it was for Parish did anyone confirm this was the Demons initial plans?
Pretty sure our recruiters said they didn't have a particular player in mind when trading up to 3 and only decided on Oliver just before the draft.

Did you guys jump up to pick 3(4 after bid) for anyone in particular? A lot of people were saying it was for Parish did anyone confirm this was the Demons initial plans?
Just wanted the best available midfielder with Schache and Weitering guaranteed to go 2/1, I think.

I havent. Oliver never tested at top level and now struggling with the training of AFL. Got family Mates at melbourne

Dont know personally about Parish just going off what sen said re parish.
And thought that was funny given what i heard re oliver. Cant understand melbourne using pick 3 on a kidnwho never competed against the best.

Bump just for the lols

Bump just for the lols

Oliver was the best non-Academy mid available. You have a gun. Reality is all 3 of Oliver, Mills (N/A) and Parish were top quality. You couldn't go wrong with who you selected, but for your side Oliver made sense.

Loving the look of our picks so far considering we had no high picks. Adams and Collins are exactly what we needed, Adams will probably play all year and Collins not far behind. Dunkley looks the goods and apparently word from the club is they are very confident weve picked another A grader up here, hes extremely highly rated inside the club.

Oliver was the best non-Academy mid available. You have a gun. Reality is all 3 of Oliver, Mills (N/A) and Parish were top quality. You couldn't go wrong with who you selected, but for your side Oliver made sense.

People have been saying this all pre season, From what I have seen and it's early days obviously Oliver and Parish look much better than Mills Hopper and Kennedy. Can't wait to see how all these guys develop.

Edit: Harsh for me to say much better, But they have outshone those academy boys so far, I think it's disrespectful to consider Oliver and Parish a rung below.

Last edited:
Did Sydney show any interest in Dunkley or did he tell them he wanted to stay in Melb?
Preferred option was to stay in Melbourne but would have been happy to play for Sydney also. I think the Swans were interested, but in the end the price was too high given how similar he was to a number of their current players.

Preferred option was to stay in Melbourne but would have been happy to play for Sydney also. I think the Swans were interested, but in the end the price was too high given how similar he was to a number of their current players.

Swans went on the record after the "Sydney won't bid if a Victorian club bids" kerfuffle saying they would have taken him with their last pick if no one bid.

Swans went on the record after the "Sydney won't bid if a Victorian club bids" kerfuffle saying they would have taken him with their last pick if no one bid.

As a supporter on a non-Vic team how does that comment make you feel? It seems a bit odd.

Bump just for the lols
That was just a troll account though, so the joke is on anyone who took anything he said seriously, or who thought he actually barracked for St Kilda. It was almost certainly just someone who really disliked both St Kilda and Melbourne and who made the account to make us look stupid and to trash anything Melbourne did.

Just surprised it took so long for him to get permanently banned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was just a troll account though, so the joke is on anyone who took anything he said seriously, or who thought he actually barracked for St Kilda. It was almost certainly just someone who really disliked both St Kilda and Melbourne and who made the account to make us look stupid and to trash anything Melbourne did.

Just surprised it took so long for him to get permanently banned.

Yes, I know, that's why I said I did it just for the lols

He apparently had 'family' at every club giving him inside info

Loving the look of our picks so far considering we had no high picks. Adams and Collins are exactly what we needed, Adams will probably play all year and Collins not far behind. Dunkley looks the goods and apparently word from the club is they are very confident weve picked another A grader up here, hes extremely highly rated inside the club.
Dogs nailing drafting and development year after year lately. I'm pretty sure earlier last year or year before Dunkley was rated top 10.

Dogs nailing drafting and development year after year lately. I'm pretty sure earlier last year or year before Dunkley was rated top 10.
Yeah Im fairly sure he was actually rated up there with Mills before last year, well I at least always remember reading swans had two very highly rated prospects but then obviously Mills went to a new level and i think Dunkley had a bit of injury trouble and dropped off.

The downgrade of our first pick was what made last draft, I'm confident we would have went either Collins or Dunkley at 11 but instead ended up getting them both, and we were always going to take Adams at 25 expecting Collins to be gone and then he slipped to 35 as well. So luck definitely went our way.

After keeping an eye on him all preseason and watching his NAB/Round 1 form I can't believe the Swans didn't want him.

Kid just oozes courage, class and maturity.

After keeping an eye on him all preseason and watching his NAB/Round 1 form I can't believe the Swans didn't want him.

Kid just oozes courage, class and maturity.

We have way too many of his similar type. We would have taken him but not at the price Dogs wanted him.

Sort of is a situation where it is best for Dunkley to not go to Sydney. I'm happy that he gets to play at the top level.

We have way too many of his similar type. We would have taken him but not at the price Dogs wanted him.

Sort of is a situation where it is best for Dunkley to not go to Sydney. I'm happy that he gets to play at the top level.
I think its similar to why we didn't want McPherson, we have 3 or 4 very very similar and just didn't need another player like that.

I think its similar to why we didn't want McPherson, we have 3 or 4 very very similar and just didn't need another player like that.

Pretty much. Doesn't make it a wrong decision on Sydney's end. In the end this is looking after the player. Why take him when he gets to play football at the highest level at the Dogs.

Considering we were likely to take Collins with 11, the downgrade meant we effectively got Dunkley for free. They are the kinda moves and luck that are required to really push a side into flag contention.

Wasn't it a 3 way toss up between Oliver, parish and Francis?

No - Oliver was the choice a long way out from the draft - he had been on MFC radar for most of 2015. Jason Taylor loved what he saw when Oliver played games at the Tigers VFL side. Lets say the Tigers VFL games where the icing on the cake;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back