Analysis With so many clubs in jeopardy during the coronavirus, is it time for WA to bail out VIC again?

Eagles to create their own 1 team league playing intra’s against themselves in front of a packed crowd each week where they’ll win the next million flags.

Two balls and every possession is a free kick both ways.

I would like to join this league if only for the social functions #GoodGear

The complete Viccentricty of the AFL will be laid bare in all of this. The "Footy Industry" is largely a Malbun thing. They have 10 clubs, plus all the admin, bureaucracy, umpires, the AFLW malarchy, the bulk of the media, the TAC Cup, a disproportionate amount of other staff, s**t like Champion Data and the thousands of other hangers on that I don't even know about. It will hit hard.

It just tells me that there aren’t a lot of brains in WA. I mean only an idiot would not only beg to join a football league that was broke but then gladly cough up a large financial penalty just to join said bankrupt league. If they had any smarts about them they would have started their own comp and pick off teams from the VFL’s rotting carcass. Now the OP wants WA to repeat their past mistakes 😳
So true, your a financial genius, really silly move wasn't it, why would anyone want to join a broken comp and then go on to recoup their investment hundreds of times over, the sheer madness of it!

Yes we all know what happened back in the bad old 80's, the beginning of the AFL, right? And the fact that era was bourne thanks to the blood, sweat and tears of Western Australia. Not to mention the creation of a club that had to sell its soul to the VFL to bail out a bankrupt competition in the first place.

Nevertheless, here we are again. Two of the most powerful and profitable clubs in this pissant league will probably be asked to donate money again to a couple of suburban league clubs masquerading as proper organisations run by amateurs. And yet again, history repeats.

AFL, you're welcome.

I'm sorry, did I miss West Coast/Fremantle paying off Etihad Stadium over the last 20 years with shitty stadium deals while the other clubs got rich?

If anything, clubs should be eternally grateful for Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda and North's fans contribution to securing a $1.5B asset the AFL is currently underwriting the entire competition with......

Everybody keep your pants on. If WCE & FRE don't step up and bail out the AFL (Gill, ask nicely and we just might think about it) I think we can be pretty sure the government will. They will be bailing out plenty of other businesses so why not the #1 game in the country?

So true, your a financial genius, really silly move wasn't it, why would anyone want to join a broken comp and then go on to recoup their investment hundreds of times over, the sheer madness of it!
But you could have ran the comp, made the other clubs join your comp and still made millions whilst getting to host the GF in Perth every year.
Imagine how much difference the AFL landscape would be had you had the foresight to hold off

Everybody keep your pants on. If WCE & FRE don't step up and bail out the AFL (Gill, ask nicely and we just might think about it) I think we can be pretty sure the government will. They will be bailing out plenty of other businesses so why not the #1 game in the country?
Because when the economy in 12 months from now is rivalling The Great Depression sinking a couple of billion dollars into a footy comp isnt going to be on the Federal Governments priority list when they are already in 70+ billion of debt themselves.

It's weird that with all that money in WA they still didn't possess any maps that would show them they would be travelling thousands of kilometres for every second game. Because it seemed to come as a big surprise to them, and still does to this day.

It became further when we switched from miles to kilometers.

Because when the economy in 12 months from now is rivalling The Great Depression sinking a couple of billion dollars into a footy comp isnt going to be on the Federal Governments priority list when they are already in 70+ billion of debt themselves.

In about $600 billion of debt before this thing even started, so it’s gonna be a shade more than that.

Back