Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

How so? Would it not be a good thing to tax the rich to give more to the people she represents? I'd like to think so.
Wearing a cute dress doesn’t do anything for the cause of equality and justice. It doesn’t harm it, but I don’t think it does anything.

Wearing a cute dress doesn’t do anything for the cause of equality and justice. It doesn’t harm it, but I don’t think it does anything.

It's not the dress it's the message. It's a good message, would've been better served with extra message that is pertinent.

Obviously there's anti AOC about it coz she's AOC - not so much the message itself.

I think you've misunderstood the post.
I'll requote the whole thing to help clear it up.

Ghost has said that AOC followed it up on social media, and that all of the people who were triggered by it, were doing the same.

Not that everyone was triggered, but that all the people who were triggered, proceeded to jump on social media.

Yeah I understood from the start, but stating 'everyone' is incorrect information. So it's not everyone and yeah it's semantics, but if you're going to make a point then be accurate about it.

Yeah I understood from the start
Wtf?

but stating 'everyone' is incorrect information. So it's not everyone and yeah it's semantics, but if you're going to make a point then be accurate about it.
No, it's not semantics. He used it correctly, and you know he did, because you've just said you knew it from the start.
I'll quote it again.
Oh she followed it up on social media

Just like everyone triggered by her is doing right now.
It's actually really hard to interpret what he has written, in the way you're trying to portray it.
So you've understood it, and then tried to insist it's saying something else.

If I say "Everyone in the nightclub has a stamp on their arm". I'm clearly not saying that everyone in the world has a stamp on their arm, and getting into some epistemological argument about like, what is it to be a part of everyone. Is it possible to exist as no-one? Is a someone more connected to no-one or everyone.

Ghost Patrol and CM86

What I'm pointing out is that it is not 'everyone' that is triggered, of course you both know that.

What you're missing is the 'everyone' was portrayed as a rwnj, well that's not everyone. (fk thank god it's not)

Fringe opinions of both left and right wnj's are STILL part of the 'everyone', regardless of how sh*t their opinion is.

Now let's get back to that message of 'tax the rich'. I agree, of course let's add some pertinent opinion (if I'm AOC)
  • Including Warren Buffet and all those corporations and the execs of those corporations who should pay more.
  • Including myself and all the rich celebs around me at this event.

Clearly you didn't post clearly from the start, yeah I knew what you were saying - was just pointing out that it's not 'everyone'. Be consistent next time.

Nice to know you're triggered with 'you're clearly an idiot' comment.

Have a nice day.
Umm no he said everyone, by definition that means everyone.
And the problem of actually stating that is? A few extra key strokes? Must be hard work.
No, you're just lying. I don't believe you.

You can't take the sentence of "everyone triggered by her ", and remove the "triggered by her", so it's just saying "Everyone".
Or just add a word and turn it into "everyone was triggered by her"
You need to change what he has written... for it to say what you're saying it says.

This is just ridiculous. Here is the quote again.
Oh she followed it up on social media

Just like everyone triggered by her is doing right now.

You're just lying.

If you really believed it reads the way you are trying to portray it... you wouldn't have to keep editing it.

What a waste of time.
I'm overly hostile tonight, I'm sorry. I'm probably being unfair to you in some way.
But * me, I'm done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you're just lying. I don't believe you.

You can't take the sentence of "everyone triggered by her ", and remove the "triggered by her", so it's just saying "Everyone".
Or just add a word and turn it into "everyone was triggered by her"
You need to change what he has written... for it to say what you're saying it says.

This is just ridiculous. Here is the quote again.

You're just lying.

If you really believed it reads the way you are trying to portray it... you wouldn't have to keep editing it.

What a waste of time.
I'm overly hostile tonight, I'm sorry. I'm probably being unfair to you in some way.
But fu** me.

Umm CM you're taking this a bit too seriously, nothing hostile about it, just taking the p155.

Ghosty did actually state after that initial post everyone 'triggered' by her. Could've stated that from the start.

Anyway you're obviously triggered so I'll leave there.

It's not the dress it's the message. It's a good message,
If this was all she did it would be rubbish. This by itself does nothing.

But she is in a position to do other things, and does other things, so there's no real reason to criticise her overall efforts based on this one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back