Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
The morning after the events, I read very recently in a police release I believe, that it was early morning and put the timing about right if he had had left the camp ground around midnight

Wouldn't you just say to the cops that you had made a spur of the moment decision to leave the area because the deer hunting in the area had been unsuccessful and he wanted to make sure he was at his next chosen location for early the next morning?

Wouldn't you just say to the cops that you had made a spur of the moment decision to leave the area because the deer hunting in the area had been unsuccessful and he wanted to make sure he was at his next chosen location for early the next morning?
Not unheard of, much has been made about the "treacherous" roads at night but I have on one occasion driven up the Zeka spur around 10pm to get an early start on the next days drive, that's what massive LED spotlights are for!

Does anybody remember at what time the CCTV image was grabbed? I'm trying to get a rough time of when they might have been killed, whether it was light or whether night had already well set.

Because the drunk driving theory as per Whistling Hawk might be good for going straight over their tent with them in it, particularly if it was in the dark.

View attachment 1286342

The image of the vehicle evening was supposedly early Sunday morning after dawn heading down GAR. Couple radioed at 6.30pm the night before, all was good. Vehicle was seen turning around at Abbeyard gate around midnight, a 1 hour drive approximately from the campsite, putting departure time around 10.30 to 11pm.

Could be something in your theory, may have ran them over in the dark by accident or due to being pissed. That would put time of the incident at somewhere after 8pm. Now what would he be doing between 8pm and departing camp at around 10.30 to 11pm other than throwing everything in a pile and burning it (must have taken all of 5-10 mins)?

This could be the period where he went into panic mode and hid the bodies somewhere. Either using his own vehicle or the couple's vehicle.

Might have run over them in the tent, then moved the victim's car from a slightly different location afterwards. To stage it like it wasn't possible for the tent to be ran over. And also to provide some wind break for his fire.

I still favour the altercation with a grumpy Old Man Hill that got out of hand theory to this though.

We all have theories, my 2c

Maybe Russell & co were using the drone to scare the deer away so they wouldn't be shot?

TBH though, haven't heard anything to suggest he was hunting deer.

I'd love to know how detailed the surveillance was leading to his arrest. In a city you could easily get away with it, but on remote roads and tracks it'd be a whole lot harder without him noticing?.. I guess if they've got phone taps going they'd have known in advance where he was going anyway - assuming he's told others. But if they've arrested him in that location for a reason due to him doing something - hiding something, revisiting something - then surveillance would have to be high enough to have seen that. Otherwise surely it'd have been easy to do it back in Melbs.

And a question we'll never know the answer of but how paranoid he's been lately, or since it all happened. After the initial questioning last year, has he thought he's been in the clear? Obviously until the patrol pic was released. Or even then did he think his spray job was fooling everyone?

If he accidentally ran them over, or drove over their tent when they were in it for example he can show them where their bodies are and there should be some kind of proof the coroner will find to back that up. It might mean the difference between 25 and 15/12 years jail.

The charge for that would be culpable driving causing death would it not? If that's what happened covering things up will ultimately make it much much worse for him. What are max penalties for culpable driving causing death?

Yeh I'm an avid firearms owner/collector and hunter and do take light offence at how firearms ownership can be thrown around by the news media as some sort of indictment of something dodgy. I might just be overly sensitive to it.

Yeah it's a niche interest these days so the media will leap on it and most people won't understand. But where people are gun club members and have registered weapons there's generally not much to it. Our gun laws are so strict that those who go to the effort of having them legally aren't really the ones you need to worry about.

The possible link in a bush setting is of course a shooting accident... but with two victims that would seem unlikely.

Wouldn't have thought so given the tent is so close to the car. Surely if he drove through the tent fast enough to kill them, depending on the direction, he would have either hit the car or the tree.

You could do a hell of a lot of damage to somebody but in an area like that I don't see how you're moving at the sort of speed that would kill somebody, unless you ran directly over their heads or something.

I mean you could injure somebody of course, but then choosing to knock them off and dump the bodies rather than rushing for medical aid is some kind of crazy psycho s**t, that wouldn't seem to fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The photos of the patrol in front of his house. One photo shows the car as blue, the other photo shows the car as beige. Photos look to be taken from the same position. Who took these photos? The police? The neighbour? Was someone onto him from the beginning?
The car photos are in an article, someone posted link recently.

Last edited:
I mean you could injure somebody of course, but then choosing to knock them off and dump the bodies rather than rushing for medical aid is some kind of crazy psycho sh*t, that wouldn't seem to fit.

Agree, the only thing i can think of that might compel a committed family man with a good career and no history of instability to launch into a massive cover up is if it wasn't him drunk/driving, it was his kid?

Just speculation but living in the country, I was driving off road bush tracks before I was licensed.

I see the maximum penalty for culpable driving causing death is 20 years. If this is what happened there's no way the perp would have gotten the max penalty with his record and the nature of where the event happened (dirt tracks with poor lighting etc).

Does covering it up exacerbate the crime and mean its more likely a max sentence will be handed down? Or is the act of hiding and disposing of bodies a separate crime altogether and charged separately (in the scenario that the couple were run over accidentally)?

I see the maximum penalty for culpable driving causing death is 20 years. If this is what happened there's no way the perp would have gotten the max penalty with his record and the nature of where the event happened (dirt tracks with poor lighting etc).

Does covering it up exacerbate the crime and mean its more likely a max sentence will be handed down? Or is the act of hiding and disposing of bodies a separate crime altogether and charged separately (in the scenario that the couple were run over accidentally)?

How about incidental manslaughter?

Wow didn't think you would post that conclusion lol.

As Awakening has asked here, it's a good question. It seems to be taking a longer time than usual to make charges.

With the arrest of Greg Lynn is there a chance David & Greg knew each other? Both in high level careers, both lived in Melbourne's west, both hunted and camped, both around the same age.

How about incidental manslaughter?

Max penatly of 25 years. In reality, max penalty almost never handed down. Considering the suspected perp probably has no criminal record and the nature of the environment (night time, difficult to see people) I don't see how the manslaughter charge could be anywhere near the upper end of the scale (if that's what actually went down).

Is there a separate charge for covering up the event and/or hiding / disposing of bodies?

Back