Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
What happens in the bush stays in the bush!
I go camping/hiking/exploring alone on a regular basis, you'd be amazed at some of the things you come across when leaving the constant glare of society, only fools go into country unarmed.
There dead, probably deep down a 100 year old mine shaft, never to be found.
Take a dog with you?

David Paulides recently had a look at this and other cases in the area

GEE-Long....Bar won....:laughing:the guy cant even pronounce the place names let alone the fact that there is nothing new in the report.....exceptbeam me up Scotty its those darn UFO's kidnapping people......mwah ha ha:fearscream:

That's a big change from the last developments we've heard.

Police confirming they believe they were murdered and the family have been told it was premeditated and there was more than one killer.

That suggests they have a pretty good idea of who did it and are building up their case. And the burial thing explains the significance of the shovel found in April. I wonder who told them the info that got them on the right track, what that info is and how that person found out

That's a big change from the last developments we've heard.

Police confirming they believe they were murdered and the family have been told it was premeditated and there was more than one killer.

That suggests they have a pretty good idea of who did it and are building up their case. And the burial thing explains the significance of the shovel found in April. I wonder who told them the info that got them on the right track, what that info is and how that person found out

That's how I heard it advertised but I left Channel 7 on thinking I'd eventually see the whole segment and it didn't come on, it might air in full tomorrow. They also said it was a complicated investigation which I thought was a bit odd.

Maybe one or both of them was a target, it wasn't a random kind of thing?

That's how I heard it advertised but I left Channel 7 on thinking I'd eventually see the whole segment and it didn't come on, it might air in full tomorrow. They also said it was a complicated investigation which I thought was a bit odd.

Maybe one or both of them was a target, it wasn't a random kind of thing?

If you haven't seen it already, it's on youtube. I got the feeling they meant 'complicated' because of the personal situation, but I could be wrong.

A renewed appeal and on the ABC Melbourne this morning the police spokesperson said he could not reveal all that they know at this moment.

And the Daily Fail has this:

And the ABC:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the old flush them out tactic. Put it out there in the media and see who talks first.

Why would more than one person be involved in their killing? A "professional" wouldn't really need help to kill two old people in the bush.

He would need help to get in and out of that part of the National park though, especially if transporting a couple of bodies to another location to be buried.

Along with a colleague, I spent 72hrs in the proximity of the valley about six weeks ago. Crawling with cops on horseback or driving ATV's. Half of them tell you who they are and what they're doing, whilst the other half have the shiniest rifles you've ever seen and that's how you know they're cops.

Sounds like the old flush them out tactic. Put it out there in the media and see who talks first.

Why would more than one person be involved in their killing? A "professional" wouldn't really need help to kill two old people in the bush.
Plus the tracks to the Valley are opening in less than two weeks, I suspect putting this case back into the minds of soon to be visitors is part of the plan.

I know Wonangatta reasonably well, including their campsite, and once you get off the Valley floor the terrain quicky gets quite steep and rugged and 2 people would be needed to move any significant weight.
Because of this I'm convinced of foul play as it wouldn't be reasonable to expect a couple in the 70's could have gone far enough from camp on their own that cadaver dogs couldn't them.

Plus the tracks to the Valley are opening in less than two weeks, I suspect putting this case back into the minds of soon to be visitors is part of the plan.

I know Wonangatta reasonably well, including their campsite, and once you get off the Valley floor the terrain quicky gets quite steep and rugged and 2 people would be needed to move any significant weight.
Because of this I'm convinced of foul play as it wouldn't be reasonable to expect a couple in the 70's could have gone far enough from camp on their own that cadaver dogs couldn't them.
I wonder what the significance of the small fire at the campsite is then? Was it amateurs trying to cover their tracks and starting a small fire and thinking it would have taken off?

I wonder what the significance of the small fire at the campsite is then? Was it amateurs trying to cover their tracks and starting a small fire and thinking it would have taken off?
From memory I think the cops ruled out the fire as being suspicious, but yeh it's another odd detail.
EDIT: actually the cops seem to believe the fire may have been lit deliberately, short and hot and may have been an acceleant involved
The missing sleeping bags is a really ominous detail for me

Last edited:
The missing sleeping bags is a really ominous detail for me

Agree, there's another disappearance of a 4yo girl from a tent in WA last Saturday. That her adult size sleeping bag is gone as well points more to an abduction in that she probably didn't wander off over the dunes with that and got lost.

Carried out in a sleeping bag.

Agree, there's another disappearance of a 4yo girl from a tent in WA last Saturday. That her adult size sleeping bag is gone as well points more to an abduction in that she probably didn't wander off over the dunes with that and got lost.

It's a lot easier to drag someone than it is to carry them.

Someone told me about that today, I'd seen the headlines but had no idea what actually happened, absolutely horrifying and the agony the parents must be going through.
There are way too many weirdos out there, as a kid in the 90s we would spend a week or two in the bush and see no one, these days if I'm camping alone in certain areas such as the Wonangatta or Howitt (and not backcountry backpacking) I always have a firearm in my swag, I've heard too many stories.

Someone told me about that today, I'd seen the headlines but had no idea what actually happened, absolutely horrifying and the agony the parents must be going through.
There are way too many weirdos out there, as a kid in the 90s we would spend a week or two in the bush and see no one, these days if I'm camping alone in certain areas such as the Wonangatta or Howitt (and not backcountry backpacking) I always have a firearm in my swag, I've heard too many stories.

It's scary who could be creeping around your tent when you're asleep. Whoever took Cleo, it looks like she was targeted and taken from the family tent early hours of the morning. That's what it looks like this far anyway.

It's scary who could be creeping around your tent when you're asleep. Whoever took Cleo, it looks like she was targeted and taken from the family tent early hours of the morning. That's what it looks like this far anyway.

I'm reading through that thread now cheers, doesn't make any sense, what a brazen abduction.
A mate of a mate was apparently hunting remote near Mansfield on his own when he was woken up by the violent shaking of his tent, he had his rifle with him and apparently shot through tent and heard footsteps run off into the bushes.
I've also got a mate that had a run in with who he suspects was the Button Man, he just silently appeared out nowhere and sat down by the fire with an empty bag and asked for spare food.
Ahhhh no no no no, nightmare fuel.

Back