Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
I did my best to zoom in and enhance (separately) to that numberplate and came to the same conclusion, although if they have the rego the driver would be found by now, so dunno...
I hear you, I think we're on the same page.
I reckon the perp has been identified and this is a positioning maneuver

Drivers window looks open, might be a smoker.
What are the chances that a random black smudge covers just the plate, and at the same time the vehicle and trailer perfectly in frame? Seems to me that this image was doctored and released to the public for a very specific reason.

The car was seen on two separate cameras as well but they’ve only released one of them to the public.

I put the number plate of the car I got pics of and it's a 98 model.

I'm tipping though they know exactly who it is and already have him bugged and under video surveillance and by releasing a pic of the car but saying they don't know the rego are waiting to see if he panics and starts talking to someone about it or tries to alter the car to remove himself from suspision. If they come out and say they know the rego then this guy shuts up shop and denies everything before they can gather any other evidence. They know who it is but just need more evidence. That's my opinion anyway as surely with all the cameras they would have got a rego.

Police now gravitating towards the theory of altercation turns into murder....

If so; this and Cleo's tent abduction says something about Australian wilderness camping at the moment.... Yeeks!!

But I am wondering whether Russel had set up his camp beside the river at the time of his previous solo visit - the week earlier....?

Setting it up nicely beside the river; ready for a nice romantic time with Carol for the following week - -

But discovers on arrival that some #@#$ camper has packed up and relocated Russel's camp; and has taken over the prime riverside location for him/herself....

Then Russel gets into a big argument over it; starts strafing the offending campsite with his drone; then suddenly its bang; bang; or stab; stab....

Apart from bagging the prime location; when it's important; (ie a nice time with Carol); setting up a campsite ahead of time makes further sence as well...

Because you may not have to haul in as much gear on the one trip... Take more creature comforts over 2 trips; plus the camp is good to go as soon as you arrive.....

(Apart from the murder); I have seen this exact same thing play out in real life btw ...

Camper stakes out a prine spot for his family's return in a week (or 2); but in the meantime - some disgruntled other packs up / and, or moves the thing elsewhere.... (on the guise that he is doing everyone a favour; because he's taking care of an abandoned campsite) .... then huge argument erupts on the return of the aggrieved initial campers ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Not saying they deserved to be killed but anyone reserving "their" spot by setting up camp days before using the thing deserves at least a mild beating.

Our trailer has a different rego to our car so I'm assuming that's the case here.

Whilst the trailer rego may have been visible to the police, perhaps the car rego is not?

Do the licence plates on those cars sit in the middle of the bumper so the trailer is blocking it?

Easier to destroy a trailer than a car. Also easier to sell a trailer with no licence plate than a car with no plate.

Our trailer has a different rego to our car so I'm assuming that's the case here.

Whilst the trailer rego may have been visible to the police, perhaps the car rego is not?

Do the licence plates on those cars sit in the middle of the bumper so the trailer is blocking it?

Easier to destroy a trailer than a car. Also easier to sell a trailer with no licence plate than a car with no plate.
Very valid points, the rego is meant to match but as you know that isn't always the case.
But it should match someone's car, currently registered or not, so unless it was stolen you would reckon it would still be a good lead?

The plate should be on the left hand barn door like this, interesting there is not even a shadow, but 4x4 enthusiasts are know to modify the rear setup with upgraded bumpers, Jerry can holders
Edit: it actually kind of looks a bit doctored too in the lighter version of the photo, another coincidence that both plates are obscured but the resolution is good enough to see the stickers?

9br9g2hy2wtq8a8k6d54ftr00.jpg

Last edited:
It's interesting that the cops havent called it a camper trailer but have enough certainty to say it has "off-road wheels", I mean it would be a fair assumption but that doesn't make it fact.

Hard to tell from the police photos; but it actually looks more like a box trailer to me; rather than a camper trailer...

Generally CT have a lot more going with the vinyl tonneau covers,,, They will look fuller and more padded; and have tie down bungees or zig zag roping....

If the CT has a "hard top" - (as pictured behind the blue patrol); the CT may be a rear fold; or forward fold CT; and what you are looking at is the reverse side of the floor.... But in these cases; also seen will be some light gauge metal ribbing or trusses to support the floor when it gets flipped out...

None of this is evident in the police issued photos....

Also per my comment from a few days ago; (looking at the clearer photo of the rig); I can see what appears to be daylight inside the CT. ... eg shining through the loosely fitted covering boards on top of the trailer...

If it was a CT - then a 95%-99% chance you would not see this....

But what I am thinking about at the moment is the big black shadow cast at the rear top of the blue patrol....

Whatever is creating that shadow on the perps roof appears to be protruding out past the truck approx 300mm-400mm...

I'm trying to think of what long thing would a 4wd hunter; camper; holiday maker; etc; have or need that may be approx 3.5mtrs long? ....(Allowing for the shadow length, and the length of the patrol's roof) ...

It would not be the side mount roll out awwning... (What about a surfboard?) - referencing the (seaside) seagulls in the pics a member posted regarding a look alike rig from a few days ago... Answer - Probably not a surfboard so, what then?

I'm not convinced it's a CT either, and if it is it should be pretty recognisable.
But the wheels comment is still odd, to me it implies witnesses were able to confirm it wasn't a CT whilst noting the wheels, the photo doesn't seem like enough.

I think I can see the light you mentioned, could it be an illusion from a tree shadow? I can really say either with any confidence.

Not sure if relevant but there seems like an opening in the top of the trailer, like it’s not a proper covering

Attachments

• 0C1A555B-3847-4019-B40D-2B5A93121314.jpeg
    0C1A555B-3847-4019-B40D-2B5A93121314.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 99
Yeah; that is tbe thing I was referring to...
In the clearer photo posted previously; it really pops out ..

Here are some pics.
Just noticed in the pic taken from the RHS there's a piece missing from the fender as outlined below in yellow, which would be unusual...

GU_Fender.png

But in saying that, the press release Patrol doesn't appear to have the rear widebody (fender & bumper) kit at all, unless that's been doctored as well...

GU_PATROL_Comparison.png

When I zoomed in on that black and white pic it looks like it could possibly have been doctored.

Just noticed in the pic taken from the RHS there's a piece missing from the fender as outlined below in yellow, which would be unusual...

View attachment 1279323

But in saying that, the press release Patrol doesn't appear to have the rear widebody (fender & bumper) kit at all, unless that's been doctored as well...

View attachment 1279328

When I zoomed in on that black and white pic it looks like it could possibly have been doctored.

I was just going to ask if that black and white has been shopped because the shadow over where the missing part is doesn't look consistent. Is that what you mean?

I’d be almost certain the coppers identified that Patrol and driver a long time ago.

The recent media activity, particularly the release of that photo, is no doubt part of a deliberate strategy.

They know who they’re after but just don’t have enough evidence to be certain of a conviction. They’ll have had the suspect under heavy surveillance for a while and are now turning the screws as they get closer to an arrest. Trying to stir up the suspect to get a reaction that generates further evidence.

I reckon there’ll be an arrest very soon

It's been what, 7 or 8 months since they started searching the Hotham area and found those shovels? What are the chances they've had the suspect under surveillance this whole time?

Reported on news today that a gas bottle was deliberately ignited starting the campsite fire.

Maybe the coppers have traced the gas bottle purchase back to the Patrol owner.

Im sensing an arrest soon.

I hope so, I want to know who it was, if they did it alone, how they did it, why they did it and what their history is.

A clearer photo taken from DailyMail.
I wonder if it takes single images, series or video? If there was a still a few frames forward you would see the plate, also is it just me or does the plate shadow look weirdly pixelated? (unnatural black rectangular shape) Like it has been doctored.

Also interesting to note it's clearly sunlight and the shadows could indicate morning travelling north-ish, which might fit in say if he was busy a couple hours digging a hole before getting up to Hotham for Sunrise.

View attachment 1278770

Reflection ? Lampost. Someone mentioned the weight with the wheel arch distance, great thought. May have been dumped already ? This is rigid framed ? I dont believe the other vehicle was used for possible disposal, but perhaps there was dna on/in it and thats why they have figured it down to this vehicle ? Not sure if its enough for question/arrest or it could blow it still. Just letting them sweat. As said, from campsite to where this pic is on main road, verges to be checked. Not so easy of course.

EDIT Lampost/camera

Last edited:
Back